Thais turn on "rich and selfish" BMW driver for parking in handicapped only walkway

webfact

Thais turn on "rich and selfish" BMW driver for parking in handicapped only walkway

7pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Thais online were quick to condemn what they saw as selfishness by the wealthy when pictures of a BMW parked on a handicapped walkway at a northern Bangkok shopping center were shared online.

The poster said that his dad, in his 80s and confined to a wheelchair, had nowhere to go after he had been to eat at Future Park, Rangsit, in Pathum Thani to the north of Bangkok.

The poster came out with a stream on complaints about selfishness, lack of responsibility and no thought for others.

He said if anyone knew this rich "S.O.B" they should remind him or her of their worthlessness.....the plate was ฆฒ (khor thor) 711 (Bangkok), reported Manager.

The story was shared from a Korat news page with thousands agreeing with and liking the observations about the irresponsible driver.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-22

3 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

That's the future.

If all the numbnut, unenlightened, wannabe, me first, jerks get named and shamed in social, media things could change.

Lay on some social pressure

That miniscule selective short attention span may throw a wrench into online shaming.

Red Bull heir who?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

I still hope the "hard-to-remove" stickers will be introduced. Where you put one on the windshield, with a text in thai like "<deleted> parker", on the driver's side and it will take him at least 30 minutes to remove. The sticker keeps tearing when you pull it and you wont be able to drive with it on your windshield.

At least you dont do damage to the car which will land you in jail.

The attendants could stick them on but I'd rather the car was towed away quickly.

Poor attendants would be getting beaten up even more often. 

• Like 2

Lump them in with the misbegotten creatures who use the handicapped toilet, while handicapped people are desperate for a piss.

It is my sincere wish that every one of the unmentionables wind up in a wheelchair. Karma complet.

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I still hope the "hard-to-remove" stickers will be introduced. Where you put one on the windshield, with a text in thai like "<deleted> parker", on the driver's side and it will take him at least 30 minutes to remove. The sticker keeps tearing when you pull it and you wont be able to drive with it on your windshield.

At least you dont do damage to the car which will land you in jail.

They will still drive with the sticker. When has being unable to see been a deterrent to driving here?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, james.d said:

See it all the time in my local Tesco, from old pick-ups through to high end cars parked in handicapped and parents with babies reserved parking.

Sometimes see the security reversing them in.

This is internal parking so not hot but hey hum if it saves them walking 10 meters.

Pure laziness/selfishness IMHO, most likely 95% should not be parking in these places.

Quite. I see it regularly too. One sees them all scramble for the closest to the shopping entrance and of course, the invalid spaces are the closest. Mind you, they don't give a damn for others while driving so parking doesn't get a thought either, Ha.

Edited by TKDfella

It is impossible to tell a Thai what to do, to discipline them. The most visible evidence of that is that probably 80 percent plus of motorcyclists who refuse to wear a helmet. Thais will always do whatever they want to do, and if you remonstrate with them you might put your life in danger. Just part of the culture they are so proud of.

Most drivers here did care about disabled, or even other ROAD USERS.

A while back we were in Khonkaen, in Tesco disabled parking bay.

A man pulled up behind us, got out told me to get out of his parking bay.

Sorry my wife is in the store and i am paralyzed, so we are parked here legitimately.

<deleted> you he said ,move now my bay, of course i couldnt move, even if i could i wouldnt.

He then found a bay further along, got out and went over to a private business

Now big C in Banphai have 3 disabled bays, they are coned off, the secuirity guard will move them but only for disabled peopl;e.

• Like 1