Whistleblower questions Brexit result, says campaigners broke election law

webfact

There are always going to be a core of disenchanted people that will vociferously complain about anything that does not meet their own agenda. The very small number of Remoaners seem incapable of accepting the vote and have made claims that their voters were the 'intelligentsia' while those who do not support their views are  are thick idiots at best. Can't recall Cameron et al being honest in his presentation of the 'facts' or his summing up of what he had achieved in his negotiations in getting his demands agreed by reg EU.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anon999 said:

There are always going to be a core of disenchanted people that will vociferously complain about anything that does not meet their own agenda. The very small number of Remoaners seem incapable of accepting the vote and have made claims that their voters were the 'intelligentsia' while those who do not support their views are  are thick idiots at best. Can't recall Cameron et al being honest in his presentation of the 'facts' or his summing up of what he had achieved in his negotiations in getting his demands agreed by reg EU.

Well you can't even accept that nearly 16,141,241 people is not a 'very small number'.

Granted it's not as big as 17,410,742 but again not a small number. 

Curiously the ration is 52/48, even more curious is what Farage said before the result came in regarding a 48/52 result.

• Like 1

I'd imagine that every single election or referendum ever held in the UK has broken some rule or other.

Does social Media influence, possibly, but is it any more than newspapers, TV and other forms of media, each of which will do their utmost to influence how you vote and think.

It does seem to be the trend of late, if an election or referendum  doesn't quite go the way xxx group thinks it does demand another vote, then if the result changes then yyy will want another................. life could be one big vote!

There were a lot of complaints that the older generation voted leave, which may be true, however, in their defense, perhaps it is because they can remember what it was like before 1975 and the then EEC, which morphed in to something completely different than the people voted yes vote for then.

The country needs to get on with Brexit regardless, as that is what the people voted for, liking it or hating it ain't going to change that, perhaps if the Country pulled together things might even improve with time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

I'd imagine that every single election or referendum ever held in the UK has broken some rule or other.

Does social Media influence, possibly, but is it any more than newspapers, TV and other forms of media, each of which will do their utmost to influence how you vote and think.

It does seem to be the trend of late, if an election or referendum  doesn't quite go the way xxx group thinks it does demand another vote, then if the result changes then yyy will want another................. life could be one big vote!

There were a lot of complaints that the older generation voted leave, which may be true, however, in their defense, perhaps it is because they can remember what it was like before 1975 and the then EEC, which morphed in to something completely different than the people voted yes vote for then.

The country needs to get on with Brexit regardless, as that is what the people voted for, liking it or hating it ain't going to change that, perhaps if the Country pulled together things might even improve with time.

Electoral not something to worry about then?!

3 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Liking it or hating it will make no difference, If you own a firm which exports you will still try to export and make money whatever your feelings,or if it gets too difficult then up sticks and start again abroad. Not many people have any influence at all about how this will transpire but those that do aren't going to ruin themselves financially because of feelings.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The establishment has never worried about the plebs, they will always make money, just now and again you have to let them think that they matter.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In what way?

When an election is held, for whatever it may be, then yes the rules should be upheld, but to say that people knowingly lied about whatever is pretty standard for any election.

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The establishment has never worried about the plebs, they will always make money, just now and again you have to let them think that they matter.

And your answer to that is to doff your cap and turn a blind eye.

Let's start by upholding the law.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Liking it or hating it will make no difference, If you own a firm which exports you will still try to export and make money whatever your feelings,or if it gets too difficult then up sticks and start again abroad. Not many people have any influence at all about how this will transpire but those that do aren't going to ruin themselves financially because of feelings.

Exactly, like everything, there will be winners and losers, the UK was a trading nation long before the EU and will remain so long after.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And your answer to that is to doff your cap and turn a blind eye.

Let's start by upholding the law.

No, I just view anything that comes out of the mouth of a politician or a rep from Goldman sachs with a jaundiced eye. I don't protest nor do I support

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No, I just view anything that comes out of the mouth of a politician or a rep from Goldman sachs with a jaundiced eye. I don't protest nor do I support

You should perhaps start asking yourself where you got these ideas from.

I doubt very much that you ever uttered the name of Goldman Sachs more than half a dozen times prior to 2008, and all of a sudden its on the lips of every self declared cynic. I wonder how that happens.

I wonder too, who's best interest is it that you don't trust elected government?

Edited by Chomper Higgot

13 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Exactly, like everything, there will be winners and losers, the UK was a trading nation long before the EU and will remain so long after.

Right now we've learned the UK fishing industry is first in line for the losers.

Oh and UK international boomed throughout the UK's membership of the EU, and all that from a starting point of 'the sick man of Europe'. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You should perhaps start asking yourself where you got these ideas from.

I doubt very much that you ever uttered the name of Goldman Sachs more than half a dozen times prior to 2008, and all of a sudden its on the lips of every self declared cynic. I wonder how that happens.

I wounded too, who's best interest is it that you don't trust elected government?

I don't trust any government elected or not,experience has taught me that they all act in their own interest. A wise old man taught me when I was an apprentice, 'When there is a war they will send you to fight whether you want to or not, in financially good times you will be expected to work all the overtime possible, in financially bad times you will be unemployed, if you start to buck the system you will be squashed'. He was right, we are dirt under the fingernails of the establishment.

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Sorry I'm late to this party, and I'm not going to read all the previous comments due to Brexit fatigue. I just want to make a couple of comments.

Firstly if you are desperate enough you will be able to dig up wrongdoings in just about every national election or referendum. If Leavers were as desperate as Remainers they would no doubt uncover a vast array of wrongdoings on the Remain campaign side. The fact is, the Leavers don't need to, so we are only hearing one side of the story here.

Secondly, the sitting UK government took sides in the referendum - something that never should have been allowed. They spent £9m of tax payers' money to leaflet every household on behalf of Remain. How that was allowed I'll never know.

Lastly, I would never take a bloke with a ring through his septum seriously. 

Or pink hair.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

Seriously if ant remainers are reading and this and are scared of what lies ahead, message me with your concerns and I will gladly put your mind at rest. Kind of like an online psychologist 

Priceless.  Chomper Higgot has replied to your post so no point in repeating it.

However it seems to me that it is the Brexiteers who are running scared at the moment.  Scared that there could be a second referendum and then their game would be up!  I am sure you will dismiss that argument.   But we are all in the same boat.  We do not know what Brexit will consist of but given the amount of ground that May and Davis have given so far it is going to be a very long way from what the leavers voted for.  I would have thought that only the "gullible" would think that that is acceptable?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Priceless.  Chomper Higgot has replied to your post so no point in repeating it.

However it seems to me that it is the Brexiteers who are running scared at the moment.  Scared that there could be a second referendum and then their game would be up!  I am sure you will dismiss that argument.   But we are all in the same boat.  We do not know what Brexit will consist of but given the amount of ground that May and Davis have given so far it is going to be a very long way from what the leavers voted for.  I would have thought that only the "gullible" would think that that is acceptable?

The first and second line of your second paragraph tells me not to get involved with you. What a pathetic couple of sentences. You sound like an adolescent.

Im not sure what Chomper has got you all excited about though, unless you would like to share it?

1 minute ago, Walter Travolta said:

The first and second line of your second paragraph tells me not to get involved with you. What a pathetic couple of sentences. You sound like an adolescent.

Im not sure what Chomper has got you all excited about though, unless you would like to share it?

Yes better to not get involved with me. On TV we tend to debate these things to ad nauseam. You might find that a little too much for you.  We tend not to take fools gladly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

Making sweeping statements like "everyone is influenced" really shows your ignorance (unless you personally know everyone on the planet of course!)

Off course you are correct, not "everyone is influenced" but for most of us that were forced to go to school, to be "indoctrinated" (taught what society expects from us) then we watched TV, our perceptions were influenced by what we watched, we read newspapers, watch movies, dam influenced again & so it goes on, doubt there is truly anyone in the western world who has not been influenced in some way or other just by following fashion or watching football is that influenced?, we don't all have a TV because the powers that be want us to enjoy ourselves, its a tool for them, as are newspapers, the media, etc, the same people own them all. If you were in any of the "active services" influenced again! if you dare to question what you are told to believe you are labelled a crackpot or "conspiracy theorist" those that truly have never been a "sheep" can see this - well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Off course you are correct, not "everyone is influenced" but for most of us that were forced to go to school, to be "indoctrinated" (taught what society expects from us) then we watched TV, our perceptions were influenced by what we watched, we read newspapers, watch movies, dam influenced again & so it goes on, doubt there is truly anyone in the western world who has not been influenced in some way or other just by following fashion or watching football is that influenced?, we don't all have a TV because the powers that be want us to enjoy ourselves, its a tool for them, as are newspapers, the media, etc, the same people own them all. If you were in any of the "active services" influenced again! if you dare to question what you are told to believe you are labelled a crackpot or "conspiracy theorist" those that truly have never been a "sheep" can see this - well done!

There's a script for a James Bond movie in there.

3 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

I might not be able to control what a company like FB does as in it knows my location or what ads it throws at me, but sure as sh!t I aint influenced by their ads or anybody elses. If you cannot understand that someone can have total control of their own life, like I do, I can guarantee 100% it is you who is the ignorant one. Who the eff do you think you are trying to tell me about my life, what I do, or how I think?? Not just ignorant you are worse than a narcissist

Making sweeping statements like "everyone is influenced" really shows your ignorance (unless you personally know everyone on the planet of course!)

Sadly, you really don't understand what is going on. It is very subtle, almost subliminal. You may not believe it but you ARE being manipulated

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Sadly, you really don't understand what is going on. It is very subtle, almost subliminal. You may not believe it but you ARE being manipulated

It’s worse thsn that.

The argument ‘I am immune to manipulation’ is rediculous without anyone pointing out that for the manipulation to be effective it need only work with a relatively small number of people.

When the ballot result comes out at 52/48 a small percentage becomes critical.

• Like 1