time needed to process documents for employment

Hello! I was accepted to work in a company and I sent all my documents to he employer and he made the application for hiring a foreigner. This was done in February. Do you know how much it takes for the documents to be processed? Thank you very much!

Edited by t101eddy

Are you here in Thailand or elsewhere?

If not here they have to send the required documents for you to apply for a non-b visa which includes a work permit application receipt. It could take a while to everything done.

Just wondering if there's any misunderstanding.

Does the OP actually mean he sent documents which must have an approval perhaps from the education ministry or whatever, as a step before applying for a work permit WP.

I'm aware of a professor who comes from a country which uses a different award levelling scale, not your traditional bachelor, masters, doctorate approach (rare but it does exist).

He had to submit his documents direct to the Ed. ministry for them to make an evaluation whether they would accept his awards to be equivalent to a masters degree.

It took perhaps a year to get a decision and the professor concerned became aware that the Thai Ed. ministry had multiple e-mails with the university in the professors' home country.  

In regard to the WP process, in my experience 2 to 3 days. 

Edited by scorecard