out of country and missed 90 day

I may have to leave soon and because of this may be out of the country when my 90 day is due , i am married and have never had to go away so long before , no problems with money in bank etc etc ,anyone have an answer .all help appreciated .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tagaa said:

To clarify the correct but vague posts above:

If you are in LOS for 90 days, you need to verify your address. If you leave LOS before 90 days is up, you do not.

The clock on the 90 day count starts when you enter the country and get stamped in. If you don't return for 9 months, no problem, your 90 day count starts anew when you stamp in at immigration.

Exactly.

You have to report  89 days after the day you fly back in.

Just dont be away on 'Visa/Extension' due date.

The thing is , Im still not sure if you must report to Immigration with a completed TM30 within 24 hours of return to Thailand. You had to here if you went to the Patong Office ( which now has a sign saying so ) , same as CM  , but not if you went to Phuket Town Immigration . Now some are saying you must report to either  office within 24 hours....

• Like 1

Honestly this is what make TV so stupid, the same stupid request for information that is very common knowledge, and would you not ask immigration that question as you leave the country or at least when you go and get your exit permit?, The same as the request about  money in the bank, late/forgot my 90 days etc., Don't you think its time to stop replying to these questions, surly TV as pages with these details on?

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Tagaa said:

To clarify the correct but vague posts above:

If you are in LOS for 90 days, you need to verify your address. If you leave LOS before 90 days is up, you do not.

The clock on the 90 day count starts when you enter the country and get stamped in. If you don't return for 9 months, no problem, your 90 day count starts anew when you stamp in at immigration.

I know this is the "law" but my IM office does not follow it. They keep sending me (yes this happens) my 90 day reports from the extension date even if I have been out of the country

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

Exactly.

You have to report  89 days after the day you fly back in.

Just dont be away on 'Visa/Extension' due date.

The thing is , Im still not sure if you must report to Immigration with a completed TM30 within 24 hours of return to Thailand. You had to here if you went to the Patong Office ( which now has a sign saying so ) , same as CM  , but not if you went to Phuket Town Immigration . Now some are saying you must report to either  office within 24 hours....

Yes, you should plan on reporting within 24 hours of returning into the country. This will also serve for you to validate with your immigration office that you are indeed restarting the 90 day clock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, malt25 said:

This isn't meant to be a flame or a put down.... but !!!  After over 6,000 posts you are asking this question.

This issue has been answered a gazillion times, almost on a daily basis.

Am I missing something ???

You are not missing anything, TV has thousands of members and posters and their answers are helping others with their questions whether he has 6000, or 60000 posts.

• Like 1

The things that you used to know but no longer use, you often forget those things. I'm on the sixteenth extension of my O-A visa, I haven't got a clue how a person applies for one anymore - perhaps give the OP a break on this rather than savage him for not knowing when you do!.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I know this is the "law" but my IM office does not follow it. They keep sending me (yes this happens) my 90 day reports from the extension date even if I have been out of the country

Your immigration office sends you the reports without you reporting to them?

25 minutes ago, smccolley said:

I have lived in Thailand since 2006 and never done a 90 day report. I travel once or twice a month and don't have to worry about it.

I find it unbelievabele that you have never done a 90 day report. Do you have an extension of stay or have you been on overstay since 2006. I would have thought that if you have an extension of stay that a lack of 90 day reports would have been picked up. Or maybe you have an illegal one.

4 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Don't forget to get your re-entry permit before you leave.

Yes that is the major point you get a re-entry permit before leaving from Emigration then your 90 day starts when you re-enter LOS no problem, i have never tried it without a re-entry permit!

Edited by maxcorrigan
more info
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimn said:

I find it unbelievabele that you have never done a 90 day report. Do you have an extension of stay or have you been on overstay since 2006. I would have thought that if you have an extension of stay that a lack of 90 day reports would have been picked up. Or maybe you have an illegal one.

If he never stays longer than 90 days in the country a report would never need to be done. His entry stamps are proof of that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimn said:

I have an extension of stay based on marriage and a WP. I just travel a lot and the longest I have been in the country is 54 days.

2 hours ago, smccolley said:

I have an extension of stay based on marriage and a WP. I just travel a lot and the longest I have been in the country is 54 days.

My apologies. I misinterpreted your e mail about travelling. Although you didnt specify it, I assumed and I dont know why that you were travelling inside Thailand. :sorry:

Removed some off-topic posts and the replies to them.

This topic is about the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days, not about the notification of the arrival of a foreigner at the residence.

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

This topic is about the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days, not about the notification of the arrival of a foreigner at the residence.

But the fact of the matter is that the 2 go hand-in-hand in practice in the OP's case, given the specific requirements of what appears to be his local immigration office (Jomtien) and the amount of foreign travel which he undertakes.

@i claudius - in these circumstances I would merely draw your attention to the contents of the following recent thread, which may also be relevant in your case:-

Edited by OJAS