Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How very sad.... It happens all the time, guys lose everything to parasites and family.. 

Shame he thought this was his only option !!!

The mind boggles that westerners marry people 10.000km away from home with completely different culture, mindset and bankaccount/savings. I stick to my great farang gf who isn't interested in my money because she has 5x more. Hahahah.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

So sad and at only 40 too , some dirty parasites of familys about this country with no heart or anything , hope their cursed for ever for driving this poor guy to this end .

Give them nothing !!

I dont give the issan crew 1 baht an never will , go earn their own money same i had to. Believe me that day you need help not one of them has anything to help back.

Yes,,but slowly,gradually they are coming to help me.

They look after my dog whom I may never see again.

Somehow they do understand..IF... (I will leave it up to you) they think you are actually human and not just a" farang"

Best of  luck.everyone.

Ody.

The easy way to stop this is for Thai government to allow a limited size of land say 2 rai to be held in the name of a foreigner. Can tax them each year to pay for the privilege but at least the land is safe and stops the bad ones from getting rich.

@ happy enough

Are you drinking? Explain to me how they will survive without cash.

A crappy little 1.5 mill house is going to be in the middle of nowhere.

I hope there are not to many more idiots gifting houses thinking that children will benefit

4 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

The mind boggles that westerners marry people 10.000km away from home with completely different culture, mindset and bankaccount/savings. I stick to my great farang gf who isn't interested in my money because she has 5x more. Hahahah.

Lucky you , i had a Uk wife before an she was the pits so i dumped her for a Thai girl an been married 15 yrs and made 1 daughter with her. Im now 46 and never been happier living in Thailand away from dreary Uk.

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

@ happy enough

Ate you drinking? Explain to me how they will survive without cash.

A crappy little 1.5 mill house is going to be in the middle of nowhere.

I hope there are not to many more idiots gifting houses thinking that children will benefit

how do you know she doesn't have a job

and 1.5 million can buy a perfectly respectable home in some parts of the country

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes,,but slowly,gradually they are coming to help me.

They look after my dog whom I may never see again.

Somehow they do understand..IF... (I will leave it up to you) they think you are actually human and not just a" farang"

Best of  luck.everyone.

Ody.

Well they tried to cheat their own daughter too LOL so it was a  win win for me as both of us hate their guts .

Btw they got nothing in the end as i set up recording their chats when we left the house each time ,it was the best thing i ever did and they lost their daughter also , Karma 

Taking care of your mental as well as your physical health is doubly important here because there's not much of a safety net down below when things go south. Deception is a problem here, as is self-deception. It's so easy to be taken advantage of here because distinguishing between what is unacceptable behavior and what is just a different cultural norm is hard to do. Thailand is definitely a place where you want to take your time and get to know your partner before you jump in head first. Unfortunately many of these relationships start as whirlwind holiday romances and people find themselves in way over their heads when reality begins to set in.

1 minute ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

Well they tried to cheat their own daughter too LOL so it was a  win win for me as both of us hate their guts .

Btw they got nothing in the end as i set up recording their chats when we left the house each time ,it was the best thing i ever did and they lost their daughter also , Karma 

Yes,I do understand..best of luck everyone.

9 minutes ago, MJL1962 said:

The easy way to stop this is for Thai government to allow a limited size of land say 2 rai to be held in the name of a foreigner. Can tax them each year to pay for the privilege but at least the land is safe and stops the bad ones from getting rich.

Amen.

6 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Sad out come.

R.I.P. 

The girls can only runaway with what you give them.

Please take care of your finances in Thailand.

most people are to old to fill the bank up again. :jap:

Ps, I totally get the burning it all down,  Nice one man :thumbsup:

Never invest more in thailand that you prepared to loose with a broad smile on your face.... like a ninth hand car u only buy to have fun with to crash it down.... anything else  is insane.... i would not burn the house rather soak it in butyric acid... than they have to spend to tear it down.. try to get out a big loan and put the land as security... etc etc.... but first and most important never give more that you are prepared to loose...

It makes me laugh how many punters in Thailand come out with this little gem, " I own a house and business in Thailand and everything's fine"  Really ?  I've got news for you lads, all you own is the right to keep feeding money to the many hands that are usually out in the La la land, and the very moment you're not needed or run out of cash you're on your backside without any rights worth a fiddlers fa%rt.......  I've heard stories like this for the last thirty years, infact every wide eyed potential ATM that lands at swampy should be given Stephen Leathers book "Private dancer" and be made to read it in order to give him a fighting chance of survival in the land of lies......  

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Sure she has a great job right next to the jungle he will build the house on.

Hard to believe your this nieve.

so now the house is next to the jungle? where do you get this info

i know a girl who lives "next to the jungle" controls most of the birds nest around here. daughter went to boarding school in the UK. your point?

OK, i'm so naive 5555

3 minutes ago, free123 said:

Never invest more in thailand that you prepared to loose with a broad smile on your face.... like a ninth hand car u only buy to have fun with to crash it down.... anything else  is insane.... i would not burn the house rather soak it in butyric acid... than they have to spend to tear it down.. try to get out a big loan and put the land as security... etc etc.... but first and most important never give more that you are prepared to loose...

The guy on Bloomberg earlier said Thailand is an asset haven when talking about risk off on other currencys in a crash

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Yesterday, I was eating at a shop in Chiang Mai city.  The Thai restaurant owner told the couple (young Thai lady with bald elderly farang), that most Thai girls marry foreigners for love. So I interrupted and said 'that's not true', most Thai girls marry foreigners for money especially if the foreigner is elderly.

I bet you were about as popular as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip!!

It is quite funny how basically all Thai-women ends up being gold-diggers in these posts. But especially Isaan women always gets mentioned as the worst ones.

Personally I think it could properly be much harder to “control” a relationship with a Hi-So Thai woman, who would have the education and skills to really rip someone off, if they wanted.

I know a lot of really sweet, honest and decent Isaan women. Some are married to farangs and are really good hard-working mothers and wifes (this includes my own wife)

Also people often tend to forget, that there are two sides to a bad marriage. I have seen lots of Thai/Farang marriages gone bad, because the man acted like a prick or just did not use common sense and disrespected the wife.

Just saying... Not all Isaan women deserve to be called gold-diggers. And just because some Thai woman is middle or upper class, does not mean she can not be a bad person. And this goes basically for all women in the world.

E.g. My ex-wife (Farang) cost me more money and worries, than my Thai wife ever will. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo1964 said:

RIP another sad story and we know that they will keep on coming and hear they say, "NO......she is different" !!

Play the Field, relax, enjoy, no need to go Marrying these Women, ive said it a Million times on here, why put yourself thru all that, the risks far out weigh the benefits, take care of your Cash you worked hard for it, dont let any Thai Woman Steal it all from you.

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Looking back Maybe condo ownership was more suitable for him. 

Until she told him she wants her name on the deeds or she leaves.

Ultimatums - isn't that how these leeches get there way, one way or another??

if you don't have a set &a brain that actually works, not just in Thailand but anywhere in this world, you'll surely get raped & pillaged through your wallet and bank account.

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

No it's not it's very common. Very easy to cuff yourself behind yer back and it will prevent a natural reaction to save yourself. As if killing yourself isn't the stupidest thing to do.

Such a compassionate Pair arent you, unbelievable !   :sad:

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Sad, Tragic, RIP.
Emotions and finances never go well together.
How many times has it been to read here, that many have ruined themselves financially in Thailand.
Be it with a business, buying land or just with an unfortunate marriage.
Golden Rules:
Never invest your entire money in a project over which you have no total control.
Never invest more than 50% of your entire money in a single project.
Nothing is constant forever, be it love or the income from a business.
Plan not only for the best case, but also for the worst case.
When doubts arise, they are always entitled.
Learn to say no.

When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I am building a house at present,it is large and will probably come in at around 5/6 million baht. My Wife[my second Thai wife} does not have a big family unlike my ex,and they have never asked me for anything. I trust my Wife,but only up to a certain extent,i have told her if she ever tries to #&** me over i will demolished the house and another we own. I have plenty of money overseas,so whilst dissapointing it would not really affect me financially,i certainley would not kill myself,as another poster said never spend more than you can walk away from.

Why not own the house yourself? Foreigners can own houses and lease the land they sit on for 30 years plus renewals.

Archived