Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

40 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

The mind boggles that westerners marry people 10.000km away from home with completely different culture, mindset and bankaccount/savings. I stick to my great farang gf who isn't interested in my money because she has 5x more. Hahahah.

Thats the Spirit, smart Man.   :smile:

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Oh dude come on. We all know a crappy little house about the cost of a new Toyota is built in the jungle.

Maybe there is a bank close by and she is the bank manager? Or maybe she sells and goes back to playing star fish emoji16.png

she may well be the local bank manager or she could work in a factory, who knows. you don't and neither do i, she could be a very honest nice girl. that is all i have to say on that mate

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How very sad.... It happens all the time, guys lose everything to parasites and family.. 

Shame he thought this was his only option !!!

Pretty sure he knew he had other options this was just the option he chose...

when you are at your limits you just don't care anymore... everyone has a breaking point

Foreigners committing suicide in Thailand seems to be quite a common occurrence.  Fall in love with the wrong person lose all their money and their will to live. 

35 minutes ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

Lucky you , i had a Uk wife before an she was the pits so i dumped her for a Thai girl an been married 15 yrs and made 1 daughter with her. Im now 46 and never been happier living in Thailand away from dreary Uk.

Good for you, you got Lucky, your Mrs. told me she was glad to see the Bloody Back of you.   :cheesy::cheesy:

2 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

Just 40 and and hanging youself, handcuffs on your back? Family from Harry Houdini??

think about it. it's easy to cuff yourself. so then hang and you won't struggle at the neck to prolong it. the guy thought it through.

1 minute ago, smew said:

Sad, very sad, 40’s is young as he was and could’ve begun all over again. Yes, these women here are merciless and their families demand and demand without an end. RIP

It pays to do your research incl the family. If the tree is rotten so is the fruit.

18 minutes ago, tim51 said:

Why not own the house yourself? Foreigners can own houses and lease the land they sit on for 30 years plus renewals.

Hi Tim51..............that has been discussed on TV many times over and the fact is that although you may own the house, getting to stay/live in it is an entirely different matter esp if the g/f, wife and family want you gone.

Your life can be made a misery, so not a solution I'm afraid.

50 minutes ago, MJL1962 said:

The easy way to stop this is for Thai government to allow a limited size of land say 2 rai to be held in the name of a foreigner. Can tax them each year to pay for the privilege but at least the land is safe and stops the bad ones from getting rich.

Ummm, no.

Idiot Farang will still build a house in wife's name.

It already is easy in Thailand. You just don't have to buy or build a house for the wife. No one is holding a gun to dumb Farang's head.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Your sad tale reads  as a cautionary tale of what foreigners should not do. Yes, you may have been wronged, but did you know that there is a rule in law that states that  those who engage in wrongful acts cannot seek protection from the law when they are injured due to those wrongful acts? Foreigners should learn from you and not do what you did. The alleged  illegal acts of your domestic partner, which you have not responded to, are icing on the cake. This doesn't mean I don't understand the loss, the frustration, the anger and the pain, but it is difficult to feel sorry for people who try to play the system and  lose.

Are you even aware that legally and morally, you committed the first wrongful act?

It was wrong for you to take up with a subordinate. Large hospitality chains have specific regulations that forbid this sort of shenanigan between a boss and a junior employee.  It is no surprise that a relationship created  from a wrongful act would continue to  provide additional wrongful acts. You then attempted to play the rules in respect to the registration of vehicles and  ended up only cheating yourself because you thought you were smarter than the locals.  This is one of the reasons why they have the rules - to protect people from these things. Obviously you thought the rules didn't apply to you. Yours has been a story  of non compliance, including not having the appropriate visas, so it is no wonder that you encountered  problems. The take away isn't the  danger of taking up with a cleaning lady. Rather, it is once again the cost of not following the rules and of trying to circumvent them.  Foreigners only outsmart themselves. The Hisos can  play the loopholes because they have the  legal and tax experts to  guide them and they are connected. Few foreigners have those advantages. 

Not sure where to start here?

I had the non immigrant visa at the time of purchasing the Truck & the motorcycle. I had a work permit at the time of purchasing the truck, and I signed the paperwork at the dealership to secure the loan on the Truck, but those documents are not a factor at this time, as the truck was fully paid off, when the misses took out her own loan. 

As for the motorcycle, no I did not have a work permit at the time of purchase, but as I have only now stated, and not beforehand, which it appears you assumed; I did have a non immigrant visa.

In case anyone is unclear on the law of purchasing a motorized vehicle in Thailand, unless you are on a retirement visa, which at the time of purchasing the visa I was not, and currently am not, though I am  on a non immigrant visa, you are not illegible to purchase without a work permit.

As for the status of the room maid, I was never her direct superior, and she was only a part time employee when we only entertained short conversations / interactions. It wasn't until I spoke with the Housekeeping director to find out what her status was, that I seeked out a better opportunity for her at a nearby resort, that yes, allowed me to invite her to have dinner with me after working hours, but never before.

I even went as far as to discuss my brief conversations with the HR director, in the event that one of the  other personnels attempted to cause any issues from our conversations, even though they were at the time hardly more than a smile & hello "how is your day going".

The HR director smiled when responded and assured me, there was no harm to come toward either of us, sbut I'm just one of those kind of people that doesn't want to cause any shame upon others, especially within our working environment.

So it kinda appears you made several assumptions which though there is some gray to your response with the purchase of the Motorcycle, it still hardly address the underlining situation addressed here...

Not really from me; as you put it-sad story, but more importantly from what this man found his position in, though not addressing his relationship, the result of his relationship, and what finally drove him to make the ultimate sacrifice, as I expressed conveyed the ways which I could certainly relate, within my own experience, even after so many years within the kingdom.

1 hour ago, wolf81 said:

I am not married but have a Thai girlfriend and daughter. We're building a house for a lot less money, about 1.5 million baht. Personally I'd be ok to walk away from this property and leave it to my GF and daughter if we ever had any problems. But I am also happy to not spend more. And my GF is kinda sometimes hinting me to marry her, but I will avoid it. I feel if we'd be married, she or our daughter might be entitled to my oversees properties and that could cause problems for me eventually.

Better safe than sorry. 

Why not do a little research and find out your rights and alternatives?  A will or two?  Put the house in your name only?  Life insurance with only daughter as beneficiary?  Only you control your bank accounts and ATM cards,   etc.  Lots of ways to avoid the financial problems some expats make for themselves here.  Get the correct info before spending the money. Talk to the experts (who are not sitting on the next bar stool).  And thoroughly vet the  lucky lady and her family before doing anything serious.

"Better safe than sorry"

<happily married 10 + years>

i'll let my wife know 555 have a nice day
**one last thing. the law of averages aren't backing you
She met farang in a city and now after he builds a house in her village and leaves.. She will stay on selling chicken eggs at the markets?

You have lost it!

Don't reply your already 3 deep in final posts [emoji23]

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Thank you for your post, it was really time for you to deal with all the circumstances of your life. I’ve been here for 15 years and the only reasons for staying are my wife and bankalogical son. I can fully understand how you feel, but don’t take this guy’s suicide as an excuse to do the same.

I know how difficult it can be when somebody’s constantly lying to you and if you don’t have somebody to talk to, it seems like a wall that’s impossible to climb over.

You need something to fight for and that should be your kids now. You wrote that you’re not married because she didn’t want to? Perhaps she still is married and it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Fight for your right to have the kids, anybody with a brain will see what’s going on. But you’ve got to stop to support her whatever it is.

Do some sport, try to get your body and your mind into one piece that such things don’t bother you that much. I also understand that going back must be like a horror movie, back to a country where you’ve got nothing else in common with than the language.

And do not hesitate to send me a message. I’m gone and back in the evening.

Take care.

Thank you for your response.

I have taken up exercising much more than I normally would of at this age, 

and you are certainly wright; it does help a lot, even motivates me to workout harder, 

as I attempt to bury the pain upon my body, instead of within my heart & head for making such a colossal mistake somehow.

I think one always hates the feeling of being outwitted by someone else, 

especially when that person is under the same roof.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Your sad tale reads  as a cautionary tale of what foreigners should not do. Yes, you may have been wronged, but did you know that there is a rule in law that states that  those who engage in wrongful acts cannot seek protection from the law when they are injured due to those wrongful acts? Foreigners should learn from you and not do what you did. The alleged  illegal acts of your domestic partner, which you have not responded to, are icing on the cake. This doesn't mean I don't understand the loss, the frustration, the anger and the pain, but it is difficult to feel sorry for people who try to play the system and  lose.

Are you even aware that legally and morally, you committed the first wrongful act?

It was wrong for you to take up with a subordinate. Large hospitality chains have specific regulations that forbid this sort of shenanigan between a boss and a junior employee.  It is no surprise that a relationship created  from a wrongful act would continue to  provide additional wrongful acts. You then attempted to play the rules in respect to the registration of vehicles and  ended up only cheating yourself because you thought you were smarter than the locals.  This is one of the reasons why they have the rules - to protect people from these things. Obviously you thought the rules didn't apply to you. Yours has been a story  of non compliance, including not having the appropriate visas, so it is no wonder that you encountered  problems. The take away isn't the  danger of taking up with a cleaning lady. Rather, it is once again the cost of not following the rules and of trying to circumvent them.  Foreigners only outsmart themselves. The Hisos can  play the loopholes because they have the  legal and tax experts to  guide them and they are connected. Few foreigners have those advantages. 

Judge and jury eh? What planet are you from?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

believed to have hanged himself in handcuffs

This always seems a bit unlikely to me.

"At a ten meter tall water tower some three meters from the house they found the body of a man swinging from a nylon cord attached to a roof. He was handcuffed with his hands behind his back."

Many grammatical errors in the note

- 'Eveything' should be 'everything'

- 'taken an' should be 'taken and'

- 'now you have all' should be 'now you have'

- 'exactily' should be 'exactly'

- Too many words use capital letters 

- The question mark is messed up 

RIP but sorry stupid thing to do. Must have had mental issues and total lack of self esteem . "Oh I'll show her I'll kill my self"  She probably doesn't care as insurance will cover loss and his daughter (if she is American) will get Social Security payments till she is 21.I have had relationships that hurt from a breakup to having a soulmate die at the young age of 29. Hurt like hell and yes was sad even depressed but I sucked it up and moved on. He was only 40 so had say at least 20---25 years to work and build up his finances even if he had lost everything. Plenty of time to find someone else and enjoy life.

1 minute ago, jspill said:

Many grammatical errors in the note

- 'Eveything' should be 'everything'

- 'taken an' should be 'taken and'

- 'now you have all' should be 'now you have'

- 'exactily' should be 'exactly'

- Too many words use capital letters 

- The question mark is messed up 

Really?

Perhaps he was under some sort of stress-tho' I cannot imagine what that would be....

2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

RIP but sorry stupid thing to do. Must have had mental issues and total lack of self esteem . "Oh I'll show her I'll kill my self"  She probably doesn't care as insurance will cover loss and his daughter (if she is American) will get Social Security payments till she is 21.I have had relationships that hurt from a breakup to having a soulmate die at the young age of 29. Hurt like hell and yes was sad even depressed but I sucked it up and moved on. He was only 40 so had say at least 20---25 years to work and build up his finances even if he had lost everything. Plenty of time to find someone else and enjoy life.

So...you sucked it up,eh?

Bully for you.

Archived