Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

Sad, very sad, 40’s is young as he was and could’ve begun all over again. Yes, these women here are merciless and their families demand and demand without an end. RIP

rubbish

its only a matter of time that your GF/wife will begin ripping you off, or maybe she already is and you don’t even notice it. The minute a foreigner arrives on Thailand he is to be taken advantage, no matter what, its only a question of time, mark my words and check your wallets and bank accounts

30 years ago a colleague of mine committed suicide in his car with a hose from the exhaust. He was in his early 20’s .
His name, Matt White !!
We ( his colleagues ) never did discover the reason he did it.

Seeing this has brought all the sadness back . Another wasted young life !

RIP Matthew and my condolences to family and friends.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

30 years ago a colleague of mine committed suicide in his car with a hose from the exhaust. He was in his early 20’s .
His name, Matt White !!
We ( his colleagues ) never did discover the reason he did it.

Seeing this has brought all the sadness back . Another wasted young life !

RIP Matthew and my condolences to family and friends.

close friend of mine did it too. made me feel guilty living here as had i'd been there i am sure i could've prevented it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gbswales said:

I don't believe a word of this - handcuffs behind his back - not the normal way for someone to commit suicide. I hope the police will look beyond the obvious!

If a 3rd party was involved wouldn't they think to remove them afterwards before plod turned up?

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

I know that's why I said "usually" and not always.

Let's face it though a farang is most likely to hook up with an ex bar girl unless he can speak fluent thai.

So in your mind in a country of sixty-six million people only bar girls and prostitutes are speaking some English?  RI-DI-CU-LOUS!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wolf81 said:

I am not married but have a Thai girlfriend and daughter. We're building a house for a lot less money, about 1.5 million baht. Personally I'd be ok to walk away from this property and leave it to my GF and daughter if we ever had any problems. But I am also happy to not spend more. And my GF is kinda sometimes hinting me to marry her, but I will avoid it. I feel if we'd be married, she or our daughter might be entitled to my oversees properties and that could cause problems for me eventually.

Better safe than sorry. 

Reading the last line of your  post I would say it's probably best you never marry.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

rubbish

Yes rubbish.  There are exploitative families and wives here like everywhere on earth, particularly including "back home" where the divorce laws in most countries favour the wives.  There are grasping families here but they are by no means a given. As long as your wife and her parents are "good-heart" towards you, you can ignore the odd ignorant annoying neighbour or distant relative.  However at risk of upsetting some folk, your chance of being ripped off vary immensely on how you met your wife, and what her job was at the time you met.  You wouldn't marry a hooker back home, and yes there are hookers with good heart, but perhaps fewer than if you mix with office workers & professionals etc.   (Yes;  and we all know that good girls are hard to meet if you are a tourist who went direct from Swampy to Pattaya.) 

It's not rocket science, you know!

I'm a novice in English language, but from what I can understand from the headline is that he hang himself then put the house on fire and put a note (on a paper that doesn't burn obviously) and than what?

He went back to the rope?

Happy Easter folks!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So many stupid comments from so many clueless people. TV should really close commenting on stories like this and just post updates (if any).

Seriously people, GET a clue. It is NOT hard at all to buy handcuffs in Thailand when they are on sale in every <deleted> market in the country.

And it is NO problem AT ALL to handcuff yourself behind you back. <deleted>. Years ago I used to do it quite often and practise opening them with a paperclip while watching a movie.

Not to mention it would probably take all of 2 minutes of searching on the internet to find a few dozen ways to do the deed. In fact in a lot of cases the police (in Western countries) will search a person's computer/phone and note how many sites were visited prior to the act.

And THINK about it. The "family" wouldn't "suicide" him and then burn the house/car etc and leave a large message (in decent English) painted on the wall. I seriously can't believe some of the comments in this thread.

Oh wait, I said "think". Perhaps I'm asking too much.

Another "theory" would be the family discovered the burned house car and motorbike and out of rage decided to suicide him.

In his message on the wall, he did not mention precisely a suicide!

15 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Thank you...I will certainly give them a call, this mans situation has opened my eyes, 

as have the rest of you with your constructive feedback.

I truly appreciate all the responses, though I wasn't the OP, 

and thankfully this story wasn't about me directly.

RIP Mathew...respects

you call them ok please. if you need to inbox me. i'm no expert but really. my door is open. it's open for you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

you call them ok please. if you need to inbox me. i'm no expert but really. my door is open. it's open for you

Marc, so is mine, I thought about sending you a message but thought it might be unwanted. So I leave it up to you.

Songkran is coming up soon and I'm sure that your problem maker will stay with her family. Maybe time to do something?

Text me if you feel like it, I don't bite, I'm located in the lower northeast. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yes rubbish.  There are exploitative families and wives here like everywhere on earth, particularly including "back home" where the divorce laws in most countries favour the wives.  There are grasping families here but they are by no means a given. As long as your wife and her parents are "good-heart" towards you, you can ignore the odd ignorant annoying neighbour or distant relative.  However at risk of upsetting some folk, your chance of being ripped off vary immensely on how you met your wife, and what her job was at the time you met.  You wouldn't marry a hooker back home, and yes there are hookers with good heart, but perhaps fewer than if you mix with office workers & professionals etc.   (Yes;  and we all know that good girls are hard to meet if you are a tourist who went direct from Swampy to Pattaya.) 

It's not rocket science, you know!

Knew plenty of strippers and part time hookers back home.

They were just "normal" people too, some with proper relationships.

And generally more honest, trustworthy and a helluva lot more fun than "office workers and professionals etc"...

• Like 2

RIP. Sad ending to a dream.  

I'm glad I got out of isan when I did.

After finishing house, My ex and her family drove me crazy.

I was never good enough. 

They only "loved me" when they needed something.

When I said NO more.

Oh, Bad Bad falang, and 

Every morning, noon and evening I heard "falang go home". My smiling reply was "I am at my home".

So family changed the tune "falang go  your country" 

They were always laughing at me. I always replied with a smile "We will see Who will laugh at the end"

Karma is visiting all of them  - - - one by one. They are as happy now as i was in isan

I am laughing now and I have new stressless life

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JOC said:

Don't you ever get tired of insulting people?

BTW. The guy was American...Matthew White, 43

No one has been insulted. If you find the truth too difficult that's your problem.

Meanwhile, no one  who is posting knows the deceased yet we are being told how he suffered at the hands of a Thai woman, who again, no one knows. Meanwhile we also have  a statement that he was a US national  and  at age 43 had already left a son and daughter behind in the USA.

Gee, do you want to take a stab at where this is heading?

It all fits the scenario of similar stories, but the hand cuffs are a bit unusual.  I have to raise the suspicion flag that if his money wasn't gone before it is gone now after they hanged him.  The Thais know little to no investigation will ever be done.  The Thai officials will not dig into his financial records, the house records, the alleged daughter wife relationships mentioned in the note.   If they do establish the man's identity, it is unlikely anybody from his home country can or will mount any significant investigation or that the Thais will cooperate greatly. 

• Like 1