Video: How didn't you see the motorcyclist?

webfact

Video: How didn't you see the motorcyclist?

9pm.jpg

video screenshot

CCTV posted online showed the moment a 15 year old motorcyclist went back to get his bike's licence plate that had fallen off in the center lane of a road.

As he stops to stoop down and pick up the plate a pick-up comes up behind and collides with him at speed.

It seems remarkable that the pick-up driver did not see the young man.

The footage was shown on Thai Channel 8 who reported on Facebook that the motorcyclist was injured and that the incident happened on March 22nd.

It was not reported where it happened.

Source: Thai Channel 8

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-29

37 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I hope the rider recovers from his injuries, but I question his bad judgement not to have pulled his bike over to the left and walked out when the road was clear and safe.  I don't blame the pickup driver, he was probably taking an important phone call, or better still playing a video game.

or  sleeping , very important to rest between food  breaks......Happy Songkran

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

The bike rider should have pulled over to the side of the road, got off his bike and walked when safe onto the road to pick up his license plate. I guess that would be to much work.

should of could of course not too much thinking involved ,maybe a lesson learnt maybe. 

The truck driver was simply following the Thai rule of the road.  It is the fundamental responsibility of all bike riders to get out of the way of cars or trucks, because bike riders are less important than car or truck drivers.

Car drivers in Thailand always expect bikes to move out of their path, and they do not expect to be inconvenienced by having to move the steering wheel to accommodate a bike.  So he kept going, expecting the bike to move.

I've ridden a motorcycle for 10 years in Thailand, so I know that I am invisible, so would never put myself in the path of a car, truck ... or worst ... a bus!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

15 year old motorcyclist went back to get his bike's licence plate that had fallen off

He was going with traffic to retrieve the plate...meaning when losing it he must have gone against traffic...

Karma....?

• Like 2

lazy......too lazy to park his motorcycle and walk 3 m ,too lazy to turn his head and watch

the road.......got what he deserved.

The car driver ? he did fine , nicely driving in the middle of an empty road ....as is normal here, probably too drunk to bother about a dent in his car.....

What happened with the rescue guy's ? Were they also parked in the middle of the road and ran over ?........as i saw happen 1 time.

This place is a circus ...with dangerous acts all the time .Free entrance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

It's just another example of what you get without trafficpolice patrolling the roads and writing fines.

Are cops able to detect and stop folks for distracted driving? or are they usually patrolling where people happen to be retrieving lost stuff in the middle of the road?

Brilliant forward thinking on both sides. Let me just stop in the middle of the happy lane, not think there may be other cars driving on roads, not look behind me, and block the pick up driver's private lane. Road Cleared, Next ? 

I see this stuff everyday. Like they forget to think or are incapable, & when they almost kill you and your entire family you receive the big "mai pen rai"

super smile.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Jesus Christ.

The motorcyclist firstly doesn't even bother to have a look and see what is behind him before stopping.

However, what the hell is the truck driver doing. I would expect better from primates. 

And your expectations would be well exceeded :coffee1:

• Haha 1

The truck driver probably saw the bike but probably did not realise the bike was stopped. Just took it for a bike going in the same direction as he was. By the time the truck driver realized the bike was stopped it was to late. 

Who would think a bike would stop in the middle lane,in the middle of no where.? I think most of us would not be prepared for this.