Schools targeted as 80 foreigners arrested nationwide

webfact

38 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yeah, the Grace hotel, not you average bastion of culture and the gathering

of the  elite, more like the cesspool of iniquity....

I have read that the Grace Hotel is the headquarters for the Thai Mafia - 2:00 AM is a strange time to hold a press conference - perhaps they meant 2:00 PM??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Sorry but this sounds a bit well fake. 

Aren't all Thai government schools closed and have been for a good few weeks?? And most government schools do not actually require foreign staff to stay during the long holiday. So how were these teachers caught...when then were not teaching??

And given the nationalities of those arrested they do not seem to be those which Thai school directors would want to employ as teachers. 

Sorry but this story is fake - some overstayers have been arrested and the rest is just complete turd. 

"In the latest operation, police searched 127 spots around the country, including 13 international schools, 17 language schools and 61 normal schools"

The language schools aren't closed.

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:

"Eight other foreigners were arrested on other criminal charges –four Vietnamese, two Myanmarians, one Indian, and one Briton"

i assume these others were for not having a WP. Interesting they are targeting the schools now

Yes, very interesting indeed. (why?)

13 minutes ago, trd said:
2 hours ago, Expatthailover said:
If you are illegal you are illegal whether it be a school teacher or a bog cleaner.
Well done thailand

Yes well done Thailand. Clear this scum away. We can't have teachers going near kids.

Where did you read they were teachers? Did it enter your mind that they could , and I say could, be pedos?

• Like 1

Haven't these xenophobic stuffed uniforms anything better to do? Although overstaying seems to be rampant at the moment, there are hotspots such as Pattaya, even one of those idiots who make those dreadfully repetitive and tedious Pattaya Walking street videos on Youtube is an overstaying culprit, .........and tells everyone about it. I wonder how long he'll last?

Living near a border make visa running a rather painless, and even enjoyable experience.

As someone pointed out, it's an odd time to conduct a clean up because Thai schools are mainly closed for summer- a bit like raiding a pub after the customers have gone.  Perhaps this was mostly an exercise in not catching people, other than a few token scapegoats.

• Like 1