Stray dogs rounded up in Jomtien

Rimmer

Stray dogs rounded up in Jomtien

image.png

PATTAYA:Pattaya municipal officers and local veterinarians rounded up stray dogs in Jomtien Beach to administer rabies shots.

The city hall police, led by Somchai Inruang, and vets on March 20 captured “a good number” of wild dogs for the vaccinations after Chonburi was declared a “red zone” for rabies outbreaks.

While Pattaya has a large population of stray dogs across the city, Jomtien has the most due to local feeding them. However, a number of tourists complained that they were scared of the wild canines due to their potential to have rabies.

Authorities said they will continue to make field trips to gather and vaccinate dogs.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-03-30

7 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Quite a few wondering around soi 6, 7 and 8 usually in union jack style attire, fat guts and shaven heads.

Officials could do us a favour and round them up

Dogs or bitches............:sorry:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Authorities said they will continue to make field trips to gather and vaccinate dogs.

So they only vaccinate the dogs on beach please take all the soi dog's away including all 27 dogs in my soi 

2 accidents in 2 days dogs running after tourists and motorbikes F..... dangerous here 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last time I saw dogs being darted by blowpipes it wasn't to knock them out to vaccinate them. One shot, one kill. This was in Thailand (Phitsanulok) about 10-15 years ago. Not saying that is what is happening here, just that it has happened before.

The people with the blowpipes were I believe Cambodians and it was a major cull in certain areas.

Don't believe it doesn't happen because it is a Buddhist country because it does. Seems a bit expensive knocking them out, vaccinating them and then releasing them again. Anyone seen the vaccinated dogs afterwards?

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

When I was dealing with an immediate family tragedy, this stray dog followed me everywhere. I am positive that she was sensing my pain.

DSC00367.JPG

yes waiting for you to drop dead so she could get the first bite in. you can see it in her eyes

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I assume they dont want to run the risk of getting bitten. Knock em out, give them the vaccine and wander away.

Shame they didn't neuter them at the same time, so the problem of Soi dogs naturally dies away in time.

I am afraid "helping" the dogs will not a solution to the soi wanderers problem.

The dogs are acquired when small and adorable, then dumped when they get bigger, becoming the new wave of soi wanderers.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Wang Lalker said:

yes waiting for you to drop dead so she could get the first bite in. you can see it in her eyes

Why don't you go back to your other  TVF  name  and be a jerk under that. Your post was . unwarranted and cruel.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Looks like they wanna hurt kill them as much as possible in a sneakiest way possible.

I'm quite sure the dart would hurt less than their territorial fights,the kickings from poeple not wanting them near their food and kids or being run over by car or motorcycle.

2 minutes ago, Gabor said:

So, from now the vaccinated dogs will bite the tourists...  bravo ! 

I was unaware there was an isue of  dogbites, because there are no claims filed with the  local authorities. Any chance these are the jerks provoking them with sticks and the like?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I was unaware there was an isue of  dogbites, because there are no claims filed with the  local authorities. Any chance these are the jerks provoking them with sticks and the like?

Yes, and they are using poison arrows against the pack

Not only do they bite,they cause accidents,noise,defecate and rummage through the rubbish bins spreading litter.
They do not belong in a "world class family tourist resort" AKA the "Rivera of Thailand" AKA the "Miami of Thailand"
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, johng said:

Good to see them being rounded up.

Why not remove them completely ?

There are a lot on Bahn Amphur beach too...not just locals feeding them though.

I was at Ban Amphur the other day, there were only two dogs, last year had 75 dogs at the car park, they seem to be doing something positive about it. Whether they just rounded them up to innoculate them or get rid completely, only time will tell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Pattaya municipal officers and local veterinarians rounded up stray dogs in Jomtien Beach to administer rabies shots.

Does that mean they then let the go again??? :shock1:

It is not just rabies, these dogs are a danger, I have seen them attack motor cyclists, no point in giving them a rabies shoot unless they are going to be homed.

Or better still I understand there are places in Thailand where they eat dog meat, could ship them there.

Purr... 2dff2492de1df814056aeb3ab83a2943.jpg.bbb988364cf5b9603233bbe25b3f26fa.jpg