Swiss man, illegally in Thailand, to be deported to face charges of spreading disease

webfact

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

There is no HIV in the land of denial Thailand, same as there is no bird flu, or any of the other disease.

Well most of the chickens culled in the name of stopping the spread of bird flu in the early 2000s in Thailand and other Asian countries didn't have bird flu.

Locals were angry with local tessakit and other enforcement officials who simply, without permission raided their small farms to kill their birds without any proof that their chickens were sick. In fact, most locals when asked stated that their birds were very healthy. It is unclear whether any of them received any compensation.

Meanwhile, the actual source of bird flu was actually closed pen operations run by big corporations such as CP. Thousands of birds are placed in close proximity to each other, they poop everywhere, can't move and develop blisters, become sick and are injected with antibiotics and growth hormones. Those operations are where bird flu started and spread.

The whole bird flu scare was simply a way of getting rid of all the competition so the big multinational corporations become bigger and more powerful. Most local chicken breeders only ever owned a few birds anyway.

What happened to farmers back then was an enormous crime that went unpunished.

Bird flu itself was a rather minor disease that is less severe than the common cold. Like most of these fake pandemics, the hysteria quickly went away. Now however we have another one in Thailand - the rabies scare. The rabies vaccine manufacturers will be making billions of Baht as will the government if it can convince all dog and cat owners to get their pets vaccinated and registered as the government is planning.

Speaking of HIV, I thought that it was illegal to discriminate against someone on that basis. Is this report saying that Mr. Enzo "spread" HIV simply because he is HIV positive?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimster said:

Well most of the chickens culled in the name of stopping the spread of bird flu in the early 2000s in Thailand and other Asian countries didn't have bird flu.

Locals were angry with local tessakit and other enforcement officials who simply, without permission raided their small farms to kill their birds without any proof that their chickens were sick. In fact, most locals when asked stated that their birds were very healthy. It is unclear whether any of them received any compensation.

Meanwhile, the actual source of bird flu was actually closed pen operations run by big corporations such as CP. Thousands of birds are placed in close proximity to each other, they poop everywhere, can't move and develop blisters, become sick and are injected with antibiotics and growth hormones. Those operations are where bird flu started and spread.

The whole bird flu scare was simply a way of getting rid of all the competition so the big multinational corporations become bigger and more powerful. Most local chicken breeders only ever owned a few birds anyway.

What happened to farmers back then was an enormous crime that went unpunished.

Bird flu itself was a rather minor disease that is less severe than the common cold. Like most of these fake pandemics, the hysteria quickly went away. Now however we have another one in Thailand - the rabies scare. The rabies vaccine manufacturers will be making billions of Baht as will the government if it can convince all dog and cat owners to get their pets vaccinated and registered as the government is planning.

Speaking of HIV, I thought that it was illegal to discriminate against someone on that basis. Is this report saying that Mr. Enzo "spread" HIV simply because he is HIV positive?

Here's a hint.

Don't take posts on here too seriously. ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, overherebc said:

Here's a hint.

Don't take posts on here too seriously. ??

I knew it was tongue in cheek.

But I also know there are lots of zombies on this forum who believe whatever they see on TV. So I just wanted to set the record straight.

Mind you it's not something I make a habit of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimster said:

I knew it was tongue in cheek.

But I also know there are lots of zombies on this forum who believe whatever they see on TV. So I just wanted to set the record straight.

Mind you it's not something I make a habit of.

Friday night and I'm on my eighth Tin and Gonic, Mome size Heasures, but, I'm not as thunk as drinkle peep I am.

???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, jimster said:

I couldn't say for sure in this particular instance but normally if someone is charged with spreading a communicable disease it's because they have had unprotected sex despite knowing they had a sexually transmitted disease.

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

I couldn't say for sure in this particular instance but normally if someone is charged with spreading a communicable disease it's because they have had unprotected sex despite knowing they had a sexually transmitted disease.

Right I see. No I thought it was because some countries still refuse entry to HIV positive foreigners (not sure about Thailand?) The USA was one of them but Obama ended this discrimination in a decree a few years ago.

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

The doctor or clinic who removed his facial tattoos is <deleted>''  good if thats him in the top photo.

They really ought to start including the photo captions with the photos posted with these articles, because oftentimes, it isn't at all clear just who is being shown in the photo, such as the case here with the bespectacled accountant looking guy in the OP photo, who many folks might unknowingly believe was the Gerber guy who's the subject of the article.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The manic said:

What is a natural channel? 

In physical geography, a channel is a type of landform consisting of the outline of a path of relatively shallow and narrow body of fluid, most commonly the confine of a river, river delta or strait. Wikipedia

Edited by jenny2017

This article gives a bit more info on the guy and, in particular, his previous arrest.

http://phuketnews.easybranches.com/story/swiss-man-wanted-for-hiv-spreading-arrested-in-ko-samui-251503

The Department of Special Investigation which arrested him in 2013 had seized the suspect’s 5-million-baht house; bank accounts with 4 million baht money; 60,000 Swiss francs (about 1.8 million baht); 13.5 baht-weight of gold jewellery worth about 263,000 baht; and 19 vehicles, including cars and motorcycles.

Wonder what happened to all that stuff..............?:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dabhand said:

This article gives a bit more info on the guy and, in particular, his previous arrest.

http://phuketnews.easybranches.com/story/swiss-man-wanted-for-hiv-spreading-arrested-in-ko-samui-251503

The Department of Special Investigation which arrested him in 2013 had seized the suspect’s 5-million-baht house; bank accounts with 4 million baht money; 60,000 Swiss francs (about 1.8 million baht); 13.5 baht-weight of gold jewellery worth about 263,000 baht; and 19 vehicles, including cars and motorcycles.

Wonder what happened to all that stuff..............?:whistling:

Perhaps all donated to the two women's GFM account.....:sleepy:

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

My friend told me that he's got the Ebola virus...

Or it could be the super resistant form of gonorrhea acquired in some unnamed SE Asian country...

Ahhh rats!!!  It's regular old HIV, not the super gonorrhea....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jimster said:

Right I see. No I thought it was because some countries still refuse entry to HIV positive foreigners (not sure about Thailand?) The USA was one of them but Obama ended this discrimination in a decree a few years ago.

Back in the early 80's I was offered a job in Egypt and one of the conditions was that I had to have an HIV test. 

I was told at the time that I should keep the fact I was having a test very quiet as UK insurance companies at the time would either load the premium or refuse cover if you had a test irrespective of the result. Since then I've lost count of the various tests I've had. 

Hasten to add all clear by the way  ??

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Back in the early 80's I was offered a job in Egypt and one of the conditions was that I had to have an HIV test. 

I was told at the time that I should keep the fact I was having a test very quiet as UK insurance companies at the time would either load the premium or refuse cover if you had a test irrespective of the result. Since then I've lost count of the various tests I've had. 

Hasten to add all clear by the way  ??

I was also in Egypt around the time that they introduced HIV tests in the mid 80's. A doctor and a couple of nurses arrived at our site, west of Alexandria, and did the business. They were not exactly gentle and the needle entry point on my arm ballooned up rather painfully. Also, our Project Manager was not available for the test so our local admin guy stood in for him.......luckily he tested negative!!

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No idea why The Nation foretells about a "transmittable disease" while rest of the world names what it is, HIV.

The Swiss government  controlled the information to be released. I would expect that  the Thais do not know because Switzerland did not  declare the illness.

10 hours ago, dabhand said:

I was also in Egypt around the time that they introduced HIV tests in the mid 80's. A doctor and a couple of nurses arrived at our site, west of Alexandria, and did the business. They were not exactly gentle and the needle entry point on my arm ballooned up rather painfully. Also, our Project Manager was not available for the test so our local admin guy stood in for him.......luckily he tested negative!!

In Syria around the same time on 6/3 rotation every time you arrived you stayed one night in Damascus and before leaving the next morning for site they would appear at about 6am, take your passport and a blood sample. I always had a good few needles/syringes given to me by my sister ( Matron in the local hospital at home ) that I passed out as the local doctor only had one to use on everyone. ?

Only once in two years did I see one guy pulled on site when the passports came back, his gear was packed and he was offsite within an hour.

12 hours ago, dddave said:

Could just as easily be Hep-C, TB, Herpes  or any other of a long list of possibilities.

What I wanted to say: another English paper from Bangkok names it HIV, thaipbs names it HIV and others.

• Like 1

There is no reason for most people that know they are HIV+ to pass on the disease to others. Even if you are an immoral bastard for not telling your partner.... you can take PReP and a lot of other drugs to lower your virus load and wear a condom. It then would become very difficult to pass the virus on. They should be subsidizing things like PReP in areas like Nana, Soi Cowboy, and Pattaya.... much cheaper long-term for the government and everyone.

18 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

In this Topic your Comment is the most big Joke:passifier:

Last 7 days big Joke was in Dubai to arrest some scammers, in China, several Thai cases....he's the big hero of the policeforce.