“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes, that's the problem here – – how to differentiate!

For example if the fact that the military were buying submarines was in the headlines on April 1, then it would have instantly been labelled an April fools joke. The same goes with the aircraft carrier and the tanks and so on.

Then you've got the law preventing more than five people gathering or the Junta saying that they were going to stamp out corruption, but looking at their finances was not allowed etc etc. You get the point.

So in the land of stupid, where everything is stupid, how do you differentiate between the stupid and the even more stupid?!!!

I recall the saying as... "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

That's one of the best April Fools Day stories I've read in a long time. Well done.

The only problem is that I can see it was an April Fools Day post but, after Bridge and darts... it's too close to reality

On 4/1/2018 at 9:59 AM, RichardColeman said:

Sigh, that means I'll have to pay for a hooker to come back with me to play connect 4 away from prying eyes !

Way more than that...

Gonna have to pay 3 hookers if you want to play connect 4 those days :)

1 hour ago, CantSpell said:

Way more than that...

Gonna have to pay 3 hookers if you want to play connect 4 those days :)

Maybe you could get 4 in a row with just one ladyboy, if that "floats-your-boat"...?

I am not a bar rat and don't like to play anything, like darts, connect four or bridge. On the other hand, however, I met with a lot of tourists, mostly from the younger generation, and even if they are backpackers, they do not come to Thailand to die in boring. They want to go to a bar and play there with something or somebody, they want to go to the beach and enjoy their time. 

I have a great idea. I do not think these things are good, so we could rise the tourism by banning everything, generally.

I would start the paper, scissors and stone because of it offers a possibility for gambling too.  Unlicenced paper, scissors and stone games should be banned immediately. Those who caught red-handed should be deported to England and should be forced to be a boss of a F1 racing team.

I gather Connect 4 Threesomes have become a popular local variant since Twister and Tiddlywinks were banned last year. Mastermind has always been a bit of a local non-starter, due to the astonishingly low IQ of visiting players.

Connect Four's always been an insidious game. I remember in Grade IV, losing my play lunch time after time, in games of Connect Four. Eventually the government ran a public awareness campaign to redress the impact of Connect Four gambling among primary school pupils. A bit late for me, but I know it saved countless others.

2 hours ago, Mexlark said:

I gather Connect 4 Threesomes have become a popular local variant since Twister and Tiddlywinks were banned last year. Mastermind has always been a bit of a local non-starter, due to the astonishingly low IQ of visiting players.

Hah, we were playing Mastermind in Grade III. Okay, we didn't use the black and white pegs.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:37 AM, merlin2002 said:

"A Pattaya police spokesman said that the image of the resort as a tourist friendly destination was at stake. “Since we have stopped darts and bridge many more families have felt safer to come and spend money here,” he said on condition of anonymity."

Pattaya has an image alright, but it's not for playing connect four. These govt. buffoons have lost the plot big time.

Maybe they think Connect Four means some kind of orgy?

I never gambled on .Connect Four in Thailand but I did issue a few prizes. I had a few bar girls play beach other and the winner of each game would get 20 baht. Good time all around. Would that have been illegal?

5 hours ago, notamember said:

one wonders how far a one day wonder will run.......

I am wondering if this mistake was picked up?

Too many pages to read to find out myself.

"According to the report he said: “G’day mate. Can I get a tinny?” He was believed to be Austrian, said Thai Rat as he had a strange foreign accent."

I guess I will find out 1.4.19?

7 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

20 Years ago, I won a free go,  for a win with connect 4.

No Bar fine, No Fee, just 50 baht tip,  she was cute as well.

So was I back then. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that may have helped :giggle:

Ah, Happy days in Pattaya. :jap:

I had a similar situation happen with me .

I played Connect 4 with a Ladyboy for a freebie as well.

Unfortunately, I lost the game and I've never been back to Pattaya since .

50 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

I am wondering if this mistake was picked up?

Too many pages to read to find out myself.

"According to the report he said: “G’day mate. Can I get a tinny?” He was believed to be Austrian, said Thai Rat as he had a strange foreign accent."

I guess I will find out 1.4.19?

They were deliberate mistakes as was 'Thai Rat'.  It was an 

APRIL FOOL PRANK

and people are still believing it!

Archived