“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

16 hours ago, Amabideous said:

I’ve read two pages of comments and no one yet has got the April’s fool. Jesus the readership is as dumb as the word gullible being removed from the dictionary. 

You didn't get up early enough. Quite a few pointed it out within the very earliest replies and had their comments quickly removed, me included. Quite rightly too, seeing how much mileage the prank still had in it.

Actually the headline is extremely plausible, if they considered that any money was changing hands - just the article that gave it away. A witty and topical April fools joke, well done.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You didn't get up early enough. Quite a few pointed it out within the very earliest replies and had their comments quickly removed, me included. Quite rightly too, seeing how much mileage the prank still had in it.

Actually the headline is extremely plausible, if they considered that any money was changing hands - just the article that gave it away. A witty and topical April fools joke, well done.

Mine was removed too. I was surprised to see how many people took it seriously. Mind you given the recent dart board issue I suppose you can't blame them, but it was kind obvious it was a joke, especially given the timing. I expect the moderators had a good laugh at all the incredulous responses.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:01 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Another nail in the coffin

Don't know where there's possibly room for even 1 more nail! In Land Of Stupid though, just like Jello...always room! :bah:

Should I dob myself in?     

... the night I spent hours playing Thai Chess at the bar, against the Mamasan.

Against all Odds - I ended up winning the series of games, and won a Discount on Mamasan herself

On 4/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

I agree .................... but all the bars are going to slowly disappear for sure & 7/11's will continue to sell cheap beer in competition. Pattaya & other areas will be an Asian venue for holidays & very few europeans will visit. It has a lot of bad press in the world regarding safety & crime, slowly people are going elsewhere. The only tourists on the rise here are Chinese & the people cashing in on this are the "local in crowd" who are in cahoots with the tourist & bus companies. They'll milk it dry & Thailand as a whole will not benefit in my opinion.  

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

What bufoon told you the tourist trade was booming? speak to anyone involved in tourist related activities and they will tell you it has never been quieter.

An excellent thread !! , thanks to the OP and the mods for removing the “ party poopers “ posts who picked up on it early doors .

I’m sure I would have been fooled, for a while at least, if it wasn’t for a certain Geordie boys thread at just after midnight on Saturday night which prepared me for this thread.

Certainly fun to see how irate people can get when they believe the story [emoji23] and looks like there’s still some “ late risers “ getting uptight over losing Connect 4 [emoji23]

2 hours ago, tigermoth said:

What bufoon told you the tourist trade was booming? speak to anyone involved in tourist related activities and they will tell you it has never been quieter.

It is booming ,unfortunatly ,not with the sort of tourists who spend money , all i ever see now in Pattaya is hordes of Chinese being herded from one place to another ,it is busy ,but little money is being spent in the places that keep it alive .

Yes, that's the problem here – – how to differentiate!

For example if the fact that the military were buying submarines was in the headlines on April 1, then it would have instantly been labelled an April fools joke. The same goes with the aircraft carrier and the tanks and so on.

Then you've got the law preventing more than five people gathering or the Junta saying that they were going to stamp out corruption, but looking at their finances was not allowed etc etc. You get the point.

So in the land of stupid, where everything is stupid, how do you differentiate between the stupid and the even more stupid?!!!

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yes, that's the problem here – – how to differentiate!

For example if the fact that the military were buying submarines was in the headlines on April 1, then it would have instantly been labelled an April fools joke. The same goes with the aircraft carrier and the tanks and so on.

Then you've got the law preventing more than five people gathering or the Junta saying that they were going to stamp out corruption, but looking at their finances was not allowed etc etc. You get the point.

So in the land of stupid, where everything is stupid, how do you differentiate between the stupid and the even more stupid?!!!

the thing you mentioned about aircraft carrier. i think the uk has a new one now that they can't land any planes on that they have in the raf. never should have got rid of those harriers! i might be wrong but i think i read that, whether a reliable source or not, i'm not sure

Archived