“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, johnefallis said:

Literally the dumbest sh!t I've heard yet coming out of Thailand. 

Have no fear gents, as I am planning a nice little native style party resort in the Philippines. 

You'll be glad you know you can stay, drink, play all kinds of games, hang out with the girls and even engage in other touristy activities, if you so choose, without all this nonsense. For much lower cost too.

We won't even PRETEND to be a world class destination as Thailand likes to do..

Lol

I smell an April fool ?????

7 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Obviously an Australian guy..Not Austrian!

"Tinnie".....a can of beer

"G'day mate"....hello in Australia

"You bet "....absolutely,  let's do it!

no, the "curious mouse in springtime" is not a German expression. I invented it.

This morning I posted as number 5, but got deleted by the admins. Or this funny thread would not have lasted for five more minutes!  

Thanks to you April fools!   5555555555!!!!

April Fool! Got to say it first (without checking), even though 19 pages of comments probably indicates it was rumbled long ago. The thing is I have just come from a thread that seemed to indicate an April Fool, but probably wasn't. Gotta prove I'm not a complete *********

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

Well done - only took you 20 pages!

I rumbled it on the first read, naturally. Just happened to read it a bit late in the day. ;-) It's well  after midday here anyway. And some folks in the World won't even have read it yet. (That's my excuse, anyway.) I reckon it's a pretty good one.

12 hours ago, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

Suggesting that only expats find the rules stupid because tourism is booming misses the mark big time.

Tourism is booming in spite of ridiculous rules, not because of them.

I was wondering if this was the April fools this year but it's getting harder every year to tel 5555

Well....no, I won't delete or change my post above. I admit the admin has got me this April 1 st ; a first for me, an old timer here :smile:

I guess I should have read the first few pages of the thread, which I usually do, but didn't this time :)

7 minutes ago, Cuba said:

Hilairious. Some people don't seem to realise this is a joke.

Because it is getting harder every year to tell. 

The rules are getting so close to April fool's jokes that the lines are blurred.

A few weeks ago, I was staying in a Sukhumvit hotel of old acquaintance. I noticed a new 'sports' bar across the street. It was a bit noisy overnight, but not that bad trying to sleep.. I kinda wondered what games they were watching as there was continual bargirl celebration going on. Naive, right? But I thought ping-pong went out years ago. Now I know, they were playing Connect 4 all night.

Sugar!!!! Just realised what the date is. Took the bait hook, line and sinker. Nice one.

I will say one thing in my defence, I wasn't really that surprised when I read it. I've sort of been expecting it. I suppose the guy responsible knew that too. 

13 hours ago, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

Please, please tell us that your comment is in keeping with April the 1st. 

Ageing sexpats:cheesy:

More tourists:jap: Ni Hao :cheesy:

I can't believe the number of people who took this seriously even with all the 'clues' in the article.

Does that show the stupidity of the 'readers' who obviously don't read well.

Or is it the 'cleverness' of the writers to be able to fool so many people.

I wonder how many are feeling a little embarrassed now! 

Archived