“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

But beneath the apparent harmless exterior of what many thought was an innocent game for children lurks a murky world with connections to what local district chiefs are saying is “the foreign mafia”.

The people in charge must have wayyyyyy too much idle times on their hands.  This place gets more bizarre by the day.  (April 1st 'eh?) :whistling:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a chap must be gambling for hiv and other STDs spending time with hookers, so prostitution should be banned too. oh wait, it's already illegal! or is it? maybe he has to "connect" 4 times for it to be illegal.

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's (tin)can of Aussie beer served so cold it can cause frostbite.

It can also mean a small aluminium boat, probably made from recycled tinnies.

So, would it be safe to say, the caucasian foreigner was not Austrian?

4 hours ago, geoffrobbo said:

"People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming."

Have you seen all the businesses struggling and closing down in Pattaya?

Fantasy Man has arrived, its a Shithole , you know it and i know it, quality Tourists in Pattaya ! Too Funny.

I think it's pretty bad April 1st joke... because it could happen at anytime in Thaisurdistan

I wouldn't be surprised if there is 150 member committee now scratching their head why is the bill they have been working on for the past 3 months so funny and who leak it out!

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Has anyone mentioned pool or billiards? Seems to me gambling can be done there too.

I think pools need a license for decades already, at least I remember more than 20 years ago police told the bars that they needed to go to the police station to get a pool license, only to be told there that licenses were not available.

Of course that could be arranged with a donation to the police foundation.

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I think pools need a license for decades already, at least I remember more than 20 years ago police told the bars that they needed to go to the police station to get a pool license, only to be told there that licenses were not available.

Of course that could be arranged with a donation to the police foundation.

The article is not talking about licensing connect-four. It was discussing stopping the game.

“Since we have stopped darts and bridge many more families have felt safer to come and spend money here,” he said on condition of anonymity.

“Stopping Connect Four should assist Pattaya and other places in Thailand to maintain their status as World Class destinations not just for Chinese people, but everyone”.

The reason, as stated, is because connect-four is gambling. I submit pool and billiards are gambling games too, but no one is talking about "stopping" them.

4 minutes ago, smotherb said:

The article is not talking about licensing connect-four. It was discussing stopping the game.

“Since we have stopped darts and bridge many more families have felt safer to come and spend money here,” he said on condition of anonymity.

“Stopping Connect Four should assist Pattaya and other places in Thailand to maintain their status as World Class destinations not just for Chinese people, but everyone”.

The reason, as stated, is because connect-four is gambling. I submit pool and billiards are gambling games too, but no one is talking about "stopping" them.

Sorry my wrong, now did you realise that the chance this article is all made up is at about 99,999999% ?

And when was darts stopped? Last I heard was that you needed a license

18 minutes ago, smotherb said:

And nobody should stop people playing pool in Pattaya it's very entertaining.

images-26.jpg

Screenshot_20180401-185400.jpg

20180401_190104.png

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Sorry my wrong, now did you realise that the chance this article is all made up is at about 99,999999% ?

And when was darts stopped? Last I heard was that you needed a license

Sorry, it appears the quotes I offered confused you. I was attempting to show you the article was not talking about licensing connect-four, but stopping it. I guess I need to explain it.

Whether or not the article was made-up or whether or not darts were stopped, or need a license, are not the point; neither is the playing of bridge.  Purportedly, the Pattaya Police are pursuing the stoppage of connect-four because it is a gambling game.

My question is, why are we not hearing of some similar action--not licensing, but stopping--against billiards, pockets or carom? Billiards, in all forms, can be a gambling game too.

3 minutes ago, smotherb said:

My question is, why are we not hearing of some similar action--not licensing, but stopping--against billiards, pockets or carom? Billiards, in all forms, can be a gambling game too.

Probably because they need a story for next April fools day as well.

Archived