“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

15 hours ago, johnefallis said:

Literally the dumbest sh!t I've heard yet coming out of Thailand. 

Have no fear gents, as I am planning a nice little native style party resort in the Philippines. 

You'll be glad you know you can stay, drink, play all kinds of games, hang out with the girls and even engage in other touristy activities, if you so choose, without all this nonsense. For much lower cost too.

We won't even PRETEND to be a world class destination as Thailand likes to do..

Lol

details ?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the sad thing is that in the light of the bridge and darts razzias, the story is perfectly credible.

According to the report he said: “G’day mate. Can I get a tinny?” He was believed to be Austrian, said Thai Rat as he had a strange foreign accent.

“You bet” said the foreigner, clearly indicating to the police that money was about to change hands.

A Pattaya police spokesman said that the image of the resort as a tourist friendly destination was at stake.

“Since we have stopped darts and bridge many more families have felt safer to come and spend money here,” he said on condition of anonymity.

“Stopping Connect Four should assist Pattaya and other places in Thailand to maintain their status as World Class destinations not just for Chinese people, but everyone”.

With this in mind Maj Gen Lorlen said that packs of “Connect the Dots” pictures would be distributed free (minus pencils) to bars and entertainment venues as a wholesome replacement activity.

“Connect the Dots pictures will include airborne inflatables, submarines and luxury watches,” he said.

“And they will all be delivered in a handy brown envelope”.

How many clues are needed?

39 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

Best answer.

yes Govt spokesman.  Mr Lorlen. Means tease in Thai. 555

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

Is that a Soi 6 late night game?

Perhaps Soi 4 if it's played late at night.  The Soi 6 version is I think what Aussies call two-up.

39 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

Best answer.

yes Govt spokesman.  Mr Lorlen. Means tease in Thai. 555

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

Is that a Soi 6 late night game?

Perhaps Soi 4 if it's played late at night.  The Soi 6 version is I think what Aussies call two-up.

4 minutes ago, jethro69 said:
16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Another nail in the coffin

There is nothing of a coffin left, just nails....

It seems meny of your guy's don't respect what Thailand becoming so why not just find another country where you can do what you want I don't get it 

Nail in coffin?  Of what do you mean no more sex tourists?? 

Good idea 

This is Thailand not your country for so many years this only attracted westerners for sex bar's etc now it changes and what happens ...

Nothing sorry guys but wake up every country change including yours 

Do these police officers realized they have gone full-retard?

I am aghast at reading this article.

Phucking Connect 4 - a threat?!?

Maybe they need to be sent to Yala or Nirthawat, where they will find significant unsolved crime to follow...

Absolutely. And. Utterly. Insane.

18 minutes ago, NotMyUsualid said:

Maybe they need to be sent to Yala or Nirthawat, where they will find significant unsolved crime to follow...

I wonder what you would call someone who still hasn't got an April fools day joke by 2 April?

So what is next?  Any recreational activity?  A person can bet on anything.  Monopoly?  Chutes and ladders?  Friendly game of cribbage? Canasta?  Any card games?  Pool?  Goodness I grew up in a place that had winters and before there were millions of places to go to, one car family, no internet etc.  We had friendly games of cards, no money involved, Mad Lib, heck, even twister!

I heard through the grapevine that there are some students deeply involved in hopscotch at local schools.  They need to swoop in and break some legs.  Oh dear! The sheer terror of it; this disgusting, addictive, and impulsive activity has to stop!!!   Wait!!!!   And while they are there they should check out the frog hopping bets; they have been increasingly growing in popularity in the shady areas. 

What is this world coming too!!!  Swarm...Swarm...Swarm  

APRIL FOOLS .....  Me thinks this is

20 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Its getting worse here, but I am very pleased to report that I'm leaving very soon and for good.

Sorry, but I beat you to it as I left 2 weeks ago never to return.  In Toronto, I can gamble, play darts, bridge, conkers, tiddlywinks, marbles, and all other perceived "illegal and or unlicenced" activities as well as "real" legal and or licenced behaviours.  We also have bars where strippers, topless, and sometimes bottomless (clothing wise), dancers perform for the public, and yes, we have prostitutes.  Having said all of that, at 77 years old, I am not interested in such activities because I have too many other things to do, like work.  The only things I will miss are the warmth and the food from my local street market.  One thing that we do not have, and which will be missed, is being asked by an "officer of the law" to urinate into a cup while walking on the street or being pulled from a taxi to perform the same act.

18 hours ago, pedro01 said:

People have been saying that on this forum since it started.

Yet Thailand has more tourists every year.

Grumpy expats might not like it - but Thailand is booming. The tourism trade is booming. 

Whatever the authorities are doing - might make it less fun for aging sexpats but it's still working to bring in more tourists.

The authorities arent doing anything, its the easy sex that is the number 1 attraction. Take that away and i will bet tourism Will drop by over 50%

And if then are getting more tourists its mainly indians, chinese and Middle eastern. usually not the crowd you are seeking to be a "world class holiday destination" 

2 hours ago, NotMyUsualid said:

Yeah will most likely be reconsidered now that april fools day is over.

Of course it's an April Fool's joke and a good one by all accounts.

For those that still believe it to be true, there are a dozen clues in the article as has been pointed out, and probably the biggest clue is there is no source/link to the article ......... because it doesn't exist.

Once again 'Well done' TV.

Archived