“Connect Four” latest bar game to be axed as military voices gambling concerns

rooster59

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is innocent enough, but often leads to a "friendly" wager for a drink. When the customer loses, he discovers a 200 or 300 baht drink has been added to his tab. At least that was my experience the last time I played. An innocent game often used to scam unsuspecting customers. Can't say I'll lose sleep over this news tonight.

10 minutes ago, oaklandpete said:

Today is April Fool's Day.   Or are they really this crazy?

With the latest "crackdowns", do you really have to ask?

Yes, they are this crazy :sad:

10 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The game itself is innocent enough, but often leads to a "friendly" wager for a drink. When the customer loses, he discovers a 200 or 300 baht drink has been added to his tab. At least that was my experience the last time I played. An innocent game often used to scam unsuspecting customers. Can't say I'll lose sleep tonight over this news.

I prefer this to the straight out begging for lady drinks. At least I get entertained with a game. And I have fond memories of the time one fairly inebriated hostess of the night doubled down on her bet and I got four shots of the worst tequila on the planet as the reward for my superior intelligence at the game.

See those two flies climbing up that wall? I bet..............! No,  stop, you need a licence for that!

Love the last line in the mostly tongue in cheek post, by the way:-  “And they will all be delivered in a handy brown envelope”. 

10 hours ago, johnefallis said:

Literally the dumbest sh!t I've heard yet coming out of Thailand. 

Have no fear gents, as I am planning a nice little native style party resort in the Philippines. 

You'll be glad you know you can stay, drink, play all kinds of games, hang out with the girls and even engage in other touristy activities, if you so choose, without all this nonsense. For much lower cost too.

We won't even PRETEND to be a world class destination as Thailand likes to do..

Lol

Thing is with philipinos they have very flat noses ??

11 hours ago, YetAnother said:

wow; my faith in the judgment of our law enforcers just went up; what idiots

This place has gone totally Mad! AUSTRIANS asking for Tinnys! whatever next.  :cheesy:

Archived