Tourism and Sports Minister confirms safety of Thailand as tourist destination

webfact

8 hours ago, ginjag said:

Pattaya and Jomptien beaches are dangerous because of pollution from sewage and general garbage,  Try going to Pattaya city council and demand they immediately clean up the sea and beaches. Bringing new sand from distant places is not solving anything only covering up and lining some haulage companies pockets.

They even don't pick the large coconuts hanging above the sidewalk from to the roundabout with the dolfins to beachroad.

No joke ok. l swear my sister's life. Safe ?

Today I was behind a ute with a high enclosure. He ripped the electricity LINE down missed me by a meter. Some one gag this Thai. The buses will kill you. Where's the lady bring her back

• Haha 1

Yup, I guess its a safe Tourist Destination.

As long as you avoid these things ( and more )

The Roads ,are the  most dangerous in the World

Ladyboys

Rabid Dogs and Cats

Food poisoning

Speed Boats that will chop you in half

Paragliding in Pattaya Bay

Walking anywhere

have a nice trip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

there is no law. It's the wild west

YES they don't like foreigners. In the Philippines Vietnam your a god. Thais are not yet evolved. And won't be for decades. They have been politically and religion brain washed. But the tides shifting

Edited by Media1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, smedly said:

someone tell this guy that April Fools only lasts until noon on the 1st

what a shocking statement to make

True, as long as you are not riding a motorbike, in a double-decker bus or you have pissed off a bar owner, yeah sure its safe there, boring as batshit but safe,...... He is a bigger joke than first thought 

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

From my experience, Thailand is a dangerous place.

Thai teachers can threaten to kill foreign teachers and get sway with it!

Tourists attacked, as I was, and the culprits get away with it!

There are many videos on the net clearly demonstrating the dislike toward foreigners.

Law and order is not adhered to by Thais, so what are the chances   foreigners have with regard to their safety in a very lawless society.

I can't identify with your statement about Thais not liking foreigners, it's all down to how you react with them. I live in a village in Isaan so maybe things are different to a big town. I am well liked and respected here, people don't refer to me as farang but use my name. If I go to the village shop to buy something I am always there for half an hour joking and laughing with the Thais, OK I don't speak Kmehn but they change to speaking Thai with me. I am always invited to their celebrations (sometimes nervy but the wife says I have to go) The Abbot of our temple comes to my house often to discuss religious topics (he wants me to be a monk for at least 6 months) I feel very welcome here.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Weerasak dismissed a report by a foreign news website claiming Thailand is one of the world's most dangerous places for young British travelers as exaggerated. 

Uh, huh. Methinks he protest, et al. Someone needs to tell him that dismissing a report that reveals the Thailand he would sooner not, doesn't make it go away. And it certainly doesn't cure the problem.

• Like 2

Wow, look at the Malay numbers. Do they have a burgeoning middle class starting to take out of country holidays?

I have stayed at a hotel that seems to package in Vietnamese 3 and 4 day long weekend stays. As a group, they are well behaved and polite. They mostly stay to themselves. I will say, they don't know lift etiquette. They try to bum rush the door, not allowing people on the lift a chance to exit first. I've made it a game of bum rushing them first on the way out.  Ha ha. Maybe they think I am the one that is out of touch and now I do it exactly right.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

London has just overtaken New York for murders this year so where would you rather be ? so you can all stop wetting your pants now !!

When the Former Ch Supt Leroy Logan who  retired from the Met Police in 2013 after 30 years' service says "I cannot understand how things have gotten out of hand,"  one only has to look at him, and his name and the country where the choice of terminology comes from to understand why! 

Leroy Logan MBE

On 02/04/2018 at 7:34 AM, Andyfez said:

The original figures are based on statistics, and to get any sense you need to look further. The newspaper didn't because all they want is a good headline.

Many of these deaths are self-inflicted.

Caused by young naive travellers. Many on their first long trip. Influenced by alcohol, motorbikes without any experience (and no licence), and playing silly buggers on balconies.

Good try but that does not explain why so many more do it in Thailand. Or are you trying to say that such people choose Thailand to do themselves in on purpose. I don't think so. It is a combination of atrocious policing, corruption and ambivalence to safety in every possible way and criminality. And everything covered up to protect a bad light being shed. They trot out these lies daily and it's sick.

• Like 1