DPM Prawit bares all about the wristwatch controversy

webfact

What a load of sh.... comes from this guys mouth. Took him all these months to come up with this ill conceived load of bunkum. The Junta will never live down the shame for not dismissing this guy from any position he held.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:46 AM, Just Weird said:

They have been returned!

Even if they hadn't been, wouldn't it be the family's decision to continue the loan, not Thaivisa members'?

then why didn't the family members of the dearly departed speak up and say "daddy loved his dear friend from st. george and would have wanted him to continue enjoying the watches, so we of course are more than happy to continue daddy's watch loan program".  case would have been closed months ago. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

then why didn't the family members of the dearly departed speak up and say "daddy loved his dear friend from st. george and would have wanted him to continue enjoying the watches, so we of course are more than happy to continue daddy's watch loan program".  case would have been closed months ago. 

Maybe they have spoken up, who knows? The NACC investigation into it isn't over. 

Initially the NACC were waiting for Prawit to explain, which only happened a week or so ago (?) so any suggestions of his explanation before that was media speculation, not his.  At that stage (of speculation) there was no reason to expect the family to speak up, they were not involved in the case at that stage and they would not have been asked for input.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Maybe they have, the NACC investigation into it isn't over. 

Initially the NACC were waiting for Prawit to explain, which only happened a week or so ago (?) so any suggestions of his explanation before that was media speculation, not his.  At that stage (of speculation) there was no reason to expect the family to speak up, they were not involved in the case at that stage and they were not being asked for input.

Yea, no need to ask for the family’s input. In fact, no need to ask for anyone’s input really. Don’t wanna risk finding any real answers. 

Best. Investigation. Ever

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/2/2018 at 9:12 PM, Thian said:

I think it's more normal to borrow a watch from a friend to wear.

And now we know who that friend was/is i hope we can get back to business..there's enough to be done in Thailand.

It has never been "normal" for myself or anyone I've ever known in my entire life to borrow a wristwatch from anyone, friend or otherwise for any reason. And, please do not include me with your "we" as I do not believe that any "friend" was involved. As far as getting back to business, exactly what business would that be that does not involve the inclusion of the good citizens of Thailand? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Sadly this sorry excuse for a human being will probably never have to account for what he's done. After all, the junta have given themselves blanket amnesty. One of the pretexts they used for staging the coup.

So since when is it illegal to wear the watch of a deceased friend that he knew for a very long time?

23 minutes ago, Dap said:

It has never been "normal" for myself or anyone I've ever known in my entire life to borrow a wristwatch from anyone, friend or otherwise for any reason. And, please do not include me with your "we" as I do not believe that any "friend" was involved. As far as getting back to business, exactly what business would that be that does not involve the inclusion of the good citizens of Thailand? 

Thai also use eachothers cars all the time...

6 hours ago, Thian said:

So since when is it illegal to wear the watch of a deceased friend that he knew for a very long time?

It's not illegal to wear a watch borrowed from a deceased friend, but that is not what happened. He owns those watches because he bought them, and there's no way that anyone on a soldier's (again, I use the term loosely because that is an insult to men and women who serve  - or have served in the armed forces - anywhere) can afford tens of millions of baht worth of watches. You don't really believe that story do you? If so, can I interest you in a bridge?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

When he doesn't declare it to the NACC.

If he is wearing an expensive watch, or worse, wearing 25+ of these expensive, luxury watches, you can see why it would be of the utmost importance to clarify their origin to the NACC, as someone in Prawit's position should be accountable for any unusual wealth.

We all know what is going on here, don't be disingenuous. 

prove it then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thian said:

prove it then.

The onus is not on Fintan to prove it, it is on Prawit to prove the laughably implausible dead friend story. The only people that would believe such an absurd story are so dumb they should qualify for disability benefits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

By defensing this sorry excuse for a human being you actually insult the people of Thailand. How may Thais do you think believe Prawit's never-ending stream of BS?

A borroughed watch from a deceived friend is not same same as stealing billions of us$ from the thai people by not paying tax or just commiting pure fraude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

It's not illegal to wear a watch borrowed from a deceased friend, but that is not what happened. He owns those watches because he bought them, and there's no way that anyone on a soldier's (again, I use the term loosely because that is an insult to men and women who serve  - or have served in the armed forces - anywhere) can afford tens of millions of baht worth of watches. You don't really believe that story do you? If so, can I interest you in a bridge?

"He owns those watches because he bought them..."

You know that how?

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

How do you think Prawit and Prayuth and those that installed them amassed such enormous fortunes? Through hard work?  Why is there not an independent investigation into their assets, well I mean apart from the obvious threat of jail? If there's nothing to hide, then there should be no problem. But Prayuth has actually warned people not to question his wealth or the wealth of his family. I wonder why?. It doesn't strike you as odd that the head of state resorts to threats aginst those who, quite reasonably, would like their public servants to be accountable, while at the same time hounding other people for corruption?. And just for the record because this is becoming tiresome. We are not talking about a borrowed watch, we are talking about a watch collection worth millions, which a soldier's salary would not cover. Are you honestly telling me you believe the dead friend story? You must be the most gullible person in Thailand, or perhaps on the planet. Either that or you have an extremely unhealthy fondness for overweight Asian men.

"It doesn't strike you as odd that the head of state resorts to threats..."

I wonder who you think the Head of State In Thailand is (it's certainly not Prayut or Prawit) and who you allege he has been threatening?  You need to be very careful with what you say, for your own sake.

"And just for the record because this is becoming tiresome".

Well your lengthy tomes are, that's for sure.

6 hours ago, siamcrut said:

What kind of man in his 60 borrows wrist watches from an old classmate and wear them in public?

mind boggling 555

No one, which is exactly why he didn't. They were his. However, in reality, they probably belong to the Thai tax payer.  What is mind boggling is that junta sycophants actually believe his absurd story... at least they claim too, but it's hard to fathom how anyone could be that naïve and just plain dumb.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

A borroughed watch from a deceived friend is not same same as stealing billions of us$ from the thai people by not paying tax or just commiting pure fraude.

Oh my god, are you really this naieve ? He borrowed 25 watches from  a guy who apparently is already deceased. Which brings up the question how he could borrow those watches from someone that is allegdly dead for over a year, and it also brings questions as to why it took him so long to come up with this "explanation" which apparently also changed from friends to just one friend, a friend that is no longer with us.

I call <deleted>. 

Dead men tell no tales..

Edited by sjaak327
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, Thian said:

I think it's more normal to borrow a watch from a friend to wear.

And now we know who that friend was/is i hope we can get back to business..there's enough to be done in Thailand.

The friend is a figment of Prawit's rather uninspired imagination. This buffoon had months to come up with plausible lie and this is the best he can do? Politicians are meant to be good liars, soldiers are meant to be able to fight battles. He can do neither, so what use is he? He's just a parasite. I say it's high time Thailand starts trimming the fat of society beginning with dumbo himself.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Because I'm not irretrievably stupid.

You're making false accuses and that's pretty dangerous in Thailand....

I don't know or care how he got those watches but unless i had proof i wouldn't accuse him of anything.

I think they should get the attitude adjustment out of the box again, i know someone who can use it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

The friend is a figment of Prawit's rather uninspired imagination. This buffoon had months to come up with plausible lie and this is the best he can do? Politicians are meant to be good liars, soldiers are meant to be able to fight battles. He can do neither, so what use is he? He's just a parasite. I say it's high time Thailand starts trimming the fat of society beginning with dumbo himself.

Why would he lie if he borrowed it?

And how do you know he can't fight a battle? Which battle are you talking about?

If i were him, i would let my man pick you up for some attitude adjustment...what you're doing is not allowed in thailand.

• Like 1

OK then!  Prawit is confessing that he conspired with a friend to help him evade taxes.  And these guys call themselves lawmakers???

Thailand is rapidly going down the toilet and not even the critically important tourism industry can save it.

They need  to have an election ASAP and wheel in some  educated young turks who have lived and studied overseas.

On 02/04/2018 at 6:31 PM, Parsve said:

How comes that anyone except NACC could google  Patthavart Suksriwong and find that the name is a fake?

Beacuse its not. And you are googling based on questionable phonetics.