Shinawatra siblings ‘should be ashamed’, says Prayut

snoop1130

7 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Firstly, Taksin didn't flee the country in 2008. While at the UN general assembly in 2006 a coup has overthrown his government and he never returned from that trip.

Next - all those favoring Taksin either have not been in Thailand during his period of ruling, or don't remember how it was back then or simply didn't pay attention to what was going on...

True, Taksin didn't have "article 44" in his arsenal. However he had sh**t loads of money to tackle his opponents and criticizers.

He never handled nor solved any crises, he usually just covered up and lied about them, zigzagging his way out once it was proven the crises actually existed. Need some reminders? Starting with a "minor" crises -  the chicken flu. When rumors about such a disease started going around, in order to defy them Taksin hosted a chicken BBQ event for all members of parliament at Sanam Luang as a proof that no such disease existed, which was of course proved to be false statement later on.

Around 2006 a reporter of an English newspaper (I think not allowed to mention its name here) reported about cracks in the runway of the not yet opened Suvarnaphumi airport, along with photos and a testimony from an engineer who worked on the site. Taksin sued the reporter + the editor for 40 million THB for defamation... The article was withdrawn, the reporter and editor were fired. And of course there were cracks on the runway and many of the parking bays at the airport - all had to be fixed before the airport was opened.

Taksin owned among other things a TV station which only praised him and his doings and was actually a propaganda tool. If any other news outlet dared to say something against him - they suffered the consequences. I don't remember exact details, but a reporter of TV channel 5 was fired for reporting (real) news not in his favor. 

What about corruption? well, just 3 stories for now...

1) in 2001, shortly after forming his first government Taksin pushed for open skies law. A day after the law came into effect Taksin owned Thai Air Asia...

2) During his first administration Taskin took many members of his government on an official visit to Myanmar. In the same official airplane, he brought along the top executives of his very own Shin Corporation. He arranged for the executives business meetings with Myanmar's officials who then bought satellite services package for about 1 billion THB. The Myanmar government didn't have the money. So upon return to Thailand, Taksin arranged a Thai government loan for the Myanmar government for the full amount............................

3) Around 2005 or 2006 Taksin sold his Shin Corp (that included AIS, the TV station and Thaicom - the Thai telecommunications satellites to a company owned by the Singaporean government (ridiculous to say the least and very irresponsible) for 2 billion US$ CASH, and refused to pay any tax at all. 

There is much more, by this reply is getting too long as it is......

Great post! ? And I agree. One correction...Thaksin did return and was in the Kingdom in 2008. He was absurdly "allowed" to attend the 2008 Beijing Olympiad, where they then skipped bail and fled to Britain.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/When-Thaksin-decided-to-go-missing-30238799.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Show the receipts made or stop spreading your slandering nonsense.

If you think that buying votes is the democratic way of winning an election you have a long way to go.

And if you think that not paying tax and buying the land where Swampy airport was planned to sell it for 5 times the original price is fair you come from another planet as me.

Those siblings offended soo many laws that they even are not welcome in Japan where they liked to buy a house, also not in London and Sidney. I bet they're in the plane now before Japan is kindly asking them to leave because they don't want to ruin their good reputation.

Look Thailand, we have no friends left, only 2 of us here in Tokyo enjoying all the money we stole from you....have to go now, see a policecar coming...byeeee...

If you are talking about the city in Australia just for the record it’s SYDNEY

The other spelling is I think usually a person’ s name.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Junta meanwhile is kicking corruption in its teeth.

It is????????????

If true, then I expect to see "watch man" kicked into touch along with those in the Junta who won't allow scrutiny of their assets and wealth (perhaps relatives too) including any found to be "unusually wealthy"............so when is it going to start, pray tell?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Thaksin did many bad things and was a greedy so and so BUT he did not have 'attitude camps', abolish free speech or ban rightful assembly.  Most Thais I know were happier back then than NOW. That does not make 'back then' a glorious past or an innocent past but NOW is much worse. Thais are feeling the pinch and are unhappy.

Taking over a country with force and destroying democracy, giving yourself amnesty and 'fixing' future elections with unelected senators is an appalling aberration and to justify any such government by referring to the past is absurd by Prayut and history will not favour him with positive comment.

Thailand is at the top (or very close to it) in successful coups of the modern era. That said...I am NOT a fan or in favor of the current Junta. I agree with most of your above post and about Prayuth.

However, the topic is whether the Shins should be ashamed. The answer is a resounding YES. 

Also, I worked with around 70 affluent, well educated Thais back then...Thaksin PM reign...before and after. 90% of them did not support Thaksin...nor did they support the ensuing "Red Shirts". They were solid "Yellow Shirts". 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, xylophone said:

It is????????????

If true, then I expect to see "watch man" kicked into touch along with those in the Junta who won't allow scrutiny of their assets and wealth (perhaps relatives too) including any found to be "unusually wealthy"............so when is it going to start, pray tell?

Scarcism alert. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Thailand is at the top (or very close to it) in successful coups of the modern era. That said...I am NOT a fan or in favor of the current Junta. I agree with most of your above post and about Prayuth.

However, the topic is whether the Shins should be ashamed. The answer is a resounding YES. 

Also, I worked with around 70 affluent, well educated Thais back then...Thaksin PM reign...before and after. 90% of them did not support Thaksin...nor did they support the ensuing "Red Shirts". They were solid "Yellow Shirts". 

"They were solid yellow shirts"

Sure.

And most of the people I knew were "red shirts.-it proves nothing except what social/economic group you were in and what region you came from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Those closing hours are not enforced in Pattaya and never have been. The night is barely getting started at midnight.

It's certainly not a good reason to berate Taksin. 

IYO...fine and great for Patts back then. Not at all the case here in The Capital. There are plenty of other reasons to berate and hate Thaksin. I'll leave that to the educated Thais.

As a foreigner living here...it sucked in a major way. And that is certainly good reason for this "farang" to berate the corrupt businessman turned corrupt politician! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

please send?  even 1?   BTW you don't have a vote as I don't so no one could care less if you would vote for weak Mark and the un-Dems

You have AVOIDED answering that you live in a coconut?  you denied there were 'attitude camps' so either you are ignorant or what?  

I have not seen attitude camps,  do you mean detention centers where against the law persons go.  ??   Please tell me where they are  ??  and are they all brainwashing places that you make us think  ??     more likely the agenda rubbish you haters throw in a post every time.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Thaksin was corrupted. No disagreement. He has been charged and convicted and have to live in exile. Junta meanwhile is kicking corruption in its teeth. Blatant corruptions that have key perpetrators silenced, force into exile or simply ignored. How better? 

Didn't say Prayuth and the Junta are better. Did say that Thaksin was no better and at least as corrupt.

"Our" disagreement was about the forced early closing times in BKK...putting businesses out of business over night and lots of folks out of a job. Also the general malaise that replaced the best nightlife in the world. You thought it a good thing. I disagreed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Didn't say Prayuth and the Junta are better. Did say that Thaksin was no better and at least as corrupt.

"Our" disagreement was about the forced early closing times in BKK...putting businesses out of business over night and lots of folks out of a job. Also the general malaise that replaced the best nightlife in the world. You thought it a good thing. I disagreed. 

You have opine. I am not for drug, alcohol related crimes and police bribes. Thailand don’t need more social ills. That the junta see fit to continue, says a lot. Maybe view from foreigners are different from locals. 

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Yes they should be ashamed, but you know how the saying goes, who is without sins cast the first stone, the guy claiming they should be ashamed, is leagues and I mean leagues worse than any of the two Shinawatras, and dare I say one of those is a saint compared to Prayuth. He should remain silent about the law and about shame, two topics he knows absolutely nothing about. 

How dare he even open his mouth on the subject, he is an utter hypocrite. 

Tell him  not us,   if you live here  ??  can contact him, ask for info, give him your address and passport number   ha ha

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You have opine. I am not for drug, alcohol related crimes and police bribes. Thailand don’t need more social ills. That the junta see fit to continue, says a lot. Maybe view from foreigners are different from locals. 

No one is for crime of any kind...other than the criminals, that is. Drugs are illegal...alcohol is not. 

Gov't cannot dictate and/or control "social ills". Though they never give up trying! Many countries have Wars on Drugs...FAILED in every one and led to more crime and cost and violence. Prohibitions DON'T work. USA even tried prohibition on alcohol...FAILED miserably and led to more crime and violence.

I am for freedom, free speech, personal and civil liberties...not oppressive gov't that wants to control and dictate every little thing. This bad behavior is expected from Juntas...NOT democratically elected officials such as Thaksin. 

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Thaksin did many bad things and was a greedy so and so BUT he did not have 'attitude camps', abolish free speech or ban rightful assembly.  Most Thais I know were happier back then than NOW. That does not make 'back then' a glorious past or an innocent past but NOW is much worse. Thais are feeling the pinch and are unhappy.

Taking over a country with force and destroying democracy, giving yourself amnesty and 'fixing' future elections with unelected senators is an appalling aberration and to justify any such government by referring to the past is absurd by Prayut and history will not favour him with positive comment.

Most Thais I know were happier back then than NOW

Maybe not the couple of thousand who got shot and the ones who were found as skeletons in Sattahip. But what do I know? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Tell him  not us,   if you live here  ??  can contact him, ask for info, give him your address and passport number   ha ha

Is this your way of saying I need an attitude adjustment ? He can read it, this is an open forum. Hope he doesn't use google translate though, the message might not come accross correctly if he did...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Is this your way of saying I need an attitude adjustment ? He can read it, this is an open forum. Hope he doesn't use google translate though, the message might not come accross correctly if he did...

Attitude adjustment on the brain,     He may well have a dossier of info,    to give constructive criticism is fine but slagging is not

13 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Yes they should be ashamed, but you know how the saying goes, who is without sins cast the first stone, the guy claiming they should be ashamed, is leagues and I mean leagues worse than any of the two Shinawatras, and dare I say one of those is a saint compared to Prayuth. He should remain silent about the law and about shame, two topics he knows absolutely nothing about. 

How dare he even open his mouth on the subject, he is an utter hypocrite. 

And technically speaking Yingluck is not a law breaker, the conviction she received was trumped up, with almost no relevant evidence and usage of article 44 on two occasions to Ensure she would reveive this conviction, a conviction that is worth absultely nothing outside of Thailand. 

One thing she did do was win the hearts of the Thai electorate with a landslide election victory, the reason why he is so jealous of the woman. 

OK OK we get it...you :heart_001: Yingluck! :biggrin:Geez...My posts haven't even mentioned her. Never had any complaints with her...other than she was related to the slimeball elder bro. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

I am not slagging anyone, what I said is the truth. He is a lawbreaker, and he should be utterly ashamed to rob the Thai electorate of their rights.

I already said several times, foreigners supporting this junta are the worst guests a country could receive, it shows an utter disrespect of the citizens of the country they are a guest in. 

I for one, would support deportation of such guests. 

Better choose your words better in your posts--you are even in denial about the slagging----and you are telling me about disrespect and deportation---you have to be joking,  just amazing.  we should be shot for not liking the governance of Thaksin family.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

OK OK we get it...you :heart_001: Yingluck! :biggrin:Geez...My posts haven't even mentioned her. Never had any complaints with her...other than she was related to the slimeball elder bro. 

No I do not love Yingluck, in fact, I could care less about her. Your posts indeed did not mention her, however the OP you referred to did. And that was of course exactly what I was talking about. 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I am for freedom, free speech, personal and civil liberties...not oppressive gov't that wants to control and dictate every little thing. This bad behavior is expected from Juntas...NOT democratically elected officials such as Thaksin. 

Great that we are on the same page regarding junta bad behavior. Curtailing drinking hours to reduce social ills and police corruption is quite the opposite of bad behavior. Not doing anything is bad behavior. But you absolutely free to disagree as we both for free speech. 

Just now, sjaak327 said:

The only one in denial are you. Fact is he broke the law, fact is he stole the rights of the citizens he claims to care so much about. Those facts cannot be denied. And therefore  me calling him a hypocrite is 100% correct and justified. 

Slagging, I see you slagging off a vast percentage of the citizens of this country, even to the point where you claim they don't know what they vote for, what a digraceful way to slag off the citizens of the country you choose to live in. I know for a fact that many of those citizens know exactly what and who they vote for. And I dare say that they seem to know this country a whole lot better than you.

Disgraceful post that was this morning. In any case, you don't have to like anything, you need to respect the will of the majority of the electorate of this country, just as you would be expected back in your home country, whichever country that is. 

Normal agenda from an angry man,   try reading your own posts again, if it wasn't for you blatantly knocking for the sake of it you would get less of my disgraceful posts and others that wish to agree with the Topic heading.    The other side to the Topic The Junta is all you care about,  it seems to be hurting you very much.

I did say about some citizens in some Issan villages afraid to vote against the Reds,  never mentioned about Thai people in general------  please do not blow up out of proportion my posts to suit your agenda.

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Excellent comments, Sjaak327. Yes, for all her flaws, Yingluck was not a vicious, nasty and tyrannical person - far from it; nor was she ever proven to be a criminal (she did not tear up a whole nation's Constitution and hold a gun to the nation's head and strip it of all its freedom). In comparison with the thing that is running Thailand today, Yingluck is positively delightful and human!

And..as far as I know she doesn't write songs-let alone sing 'em-and she has never purchased a dirigible in her life.

Two major strikes against her,

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

Just now, sjaak327 said:

No you are not getting a free pass on this one. And no the OP is not correct, I still have to see any relevant evidence that Yingluck is a lawbreaker, and she certainly should not be ashamed. And let us not forget why she is able to appear in public. It all happened under the watch of Prayuth. 

I wonder since they set the precedent of negligence with the Yingluck case, when Prayuth needs to a appear in court for gross negligence in letting here "leave" in the first place. Or all the other corruption that seems to be happening under this Guy's watch, when oh when will he have to pay the piper. Never of course, because he granted himself a nice little amnesty. It certainly pays when you can draft your own laws, this aspect, previously not discussed makes his comments even more disgraceful. But I am betting you don't even see it, or refuse to see it. 

Oh for Pete's sake,  bye.------you should be far more worried than me if these posts were intercepted, your said honesty about the PM is  relentless.  my point is as always-----good governance is what Thailand needs.  have fun with the others that disagree with you.

• Like 1