HIV positive Thai prostitute had sex with “dozens of men”

webfact

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:
So many mongers on this forum claim it's almost impossible to get HIV from a prostitutes. Makes you kinda wonder how many mongers are who post here are HIV positive. 

Hopefully everyone on thaivisa gets regular HIV tests

Why?? Ive never even been with a bar girl ever in any country, taken drugs via shared  needles and only  had 1  partner  and  married once. in  Thailand guess I aint a "real man"............although I did have a medical last year which confirmed i wasnt hiv  positive and didnt have  hepatitis a bc........I guess  I shouldnt be  reading  TV:sad:

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

But to put this in perspective:

1: There is a small chance she had hiv.

2.  Even if she did there is perhaps just a 20% chance she could pass it on.

3.  Even if we say your exposure was comparable to a needle stick injury there is a low risk.

I've just bought a month's worth of PEP drugs (Combivir)

According to the AMA (ie Oz) the 3 parties at risk of contracting HIV are:

those intravenous drug users sharing needles

those engaging in unprotected anal sex

the female partners of the above 2 groups

Saliva kills the virus, as will stomach juices. A bodily fluid transfer is necessary to transmit the virus .

If you have open sores on your penis, and a prostitute agrees to allow you sexual intercourse, then the chances of contracting the disease would be high IMHO. As my sergeant said, you can contract venereal disease in a public toilet, anybody willing to have sex there probably has one.

Edited by halloween

Saliva kills the virus, as will stomach juices.

Links? There is still a risk of heterosexual sex, otherwise they would all say its ok, they don't

• Like 1

A lot less Thai men wear condoms then Falang.  They truly hate them.

As far as Falang, most do not "glove up" as they say.  Just a big lie really to protect judgement.

Get to know some of these girls in popular areas like Soi 6.  Yes I go there blah blah.

The word spreads quickly Falang, especially older Falang, no condom.

Another one is all these guys walking with girls on their arms at the malls, etc.

The typical honest comment is "we were together LT for a day or 2 and she seemed OK and healthy so we stopped using one".

Sorry to disappoint and not saying it is smart, but if you "glove up" in Pattaya you are in the minority.

But, believe what you want.

Edited by bkk6060

There are a number of facts here, that need to be examined. First of all she is a hooker. She is 24 years old. She may have gotten started at 18. So, the figure of dozens, may be more like hundreds, and quite possible 1,000 to 2,500. Definitely not dozens, unless she started working last month, which is ridiculously unlikely.

Second, hopefully she was not having unprotected sex. Having unprotected sex with a hooker is absolutely crazy. 

Third, it is relatively difficult for a hooker who is infected with HIV, to transfer it to a man, even if he was not using protection. That is a fact. Unless they were doing the back door version. That is a whole different story.

13 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

One thing is interesting.

I read about people (and have a close friend) that reject thai food and how it's handeld. But when it comes to "professionals" he licks and kiss the gals everywhere. 

It's not really the ladies' fault. 

It's the disgusting farang men who force the women to unprotected sex. I feel sorry for the gal, but hope that everyone who have unprotected sex with a bargirl get super gonorrhea or worse (hopefully something that make his dick to drop off fairly quickly). Because this dude will spread the shit to next gal.

Darn I dislike (nicer word so the reply won't get deleted) those "men" (the ugly old dudes) that can't get laid in their home country taking advantages of the girls here.

Ahh, the proverbial white Knight rises... protector of prostitutes worldwide.  Mommy does indeed love him, as he does no wrong and secretly wishes he was physically a woman. Pathetic.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

Saliva kills the virus, as will stomach juices. A bodily fluid transfer is necessary to transmit the virus .

If you have open sores on your penis, and a prostitute agrees to allow you sexual intercourse, then the chances of contracting the disease would be high IMHO. As my sergeant said, you can contract venereal disease in a public toilet, anybody willing to have sex there probably has one.

That is all correct. Very difficult to transmit vaginally from a woman to a man.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

Interesting, except for the last few words.

Edited by HLover
Added content

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

1. She may have been having protected sex - in which case HIV could only be transmitted orally. So, yes going down on your favourite bar girl is risky ! Especially if you have an ulcer or bleeding gums.

2. Even if she has HIV it does not mean she is contagious - if her viral load is undetectable and she is on retro-virals then there is a zero rate transmission. 

3. Story makes no mention if she caught it there after starting work there or if she knew she had it anyway. It may have come as a shock to her too remember.

4. Whilst unpleasant. Nobody often dies from HIV related illnesses these days if they are on drugs and will live a full life. The worry should not be HIV that you could live with. the issue is more uncureable and untreatable ghonorea these days along with other illnesses like herpes, etc. 

I apologize if I misread the story

Seriously? You’d rather live with HIV than herpes?  

Most people already have herpes whether they know it or not. If you’ve ever had a cold sore you have it. For most people herpes is no big deal. Other than an initial rash, herpes often doesn’t have any symptoms or cause problems.

And foreigners to Thailand are accused of spreading STD, but yet a Thai in another country, who is a foreigner there, is spreading STD!!

I repeatedly read how foreigners do wrong in Thailand, so this report comes as a welcoming read.

No nationality is perfect! 

3. Story makes no mention if she caught it there after starting work there or if she knew she had it anyway. It may have come as a shock to her too remember.

Does it make any differences?

4. Whilst unpleasant. Nobody often dies from HIV related illnesses these days if they are on drugs and will live a full life.

Just about a million in 2016

http://www.who.int/gho/hiv/en/

19 hours ago, PaddyDaddy said:

After 20 beers they all look like Patty..........fuzzy features. If they don't show a clear photo, how will people know if they have had sex with her?

to be frank: I never looked at the FACE so far...

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Links? There is still a risk of heterosexual sex, otherwise they would all say its ok, they don't

There is a real risk of contracting HIV through unprotected heterosexual vaginal sex for a man, but it is very low, if it’s a one time thing (if the man is healthy down below).

If it is a frequent thing, well the more often you roll the dice, the greater the risk you put yourself at. It’s still lower than most people think though. 

That said, I wouldn’t chance it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Then no one should worry about contracting HIV. 

Two problems with this conclusion: 

First, the fact that it does not state that anyone had unprotected sex with her does not mean that they had protected sex. 

Second, even if they had protected sex, it is still possible (though unlikely) to contract HIV.  Thus, anyone who has had sex with her, protected or not, would have cause for some worry.

5 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

Two problems with this conclusion: 

First, the fact that it does not state that anyone had unprotected sex with her does not mean that they had protected sex. 

Second, even if they had protected sex, it is still possible (though unlikely) to contract HIV.  Thus, anyone who has had sex with her, protected or not, would have cause for some worry.

If you read on further in the thread, you’ll find I’ve already answered your second point in a reply to another poster. 

Your first point should be directed at sanemax, not me. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Spelling mistake and rephrasing

1 hour ago, ostyan said:

She must have already had HIV before she arrived in Taiwan  , as it takes at least two weeks after infection for the results to show a positive

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

She must have already had HIV before she arrived in Taiwan  , as it takes at least two weeks after infection for the results to show a positive

Two weeks or 50 punters, whichever comes first.

• Haha 1

Just now, HLover said:

Two weeks or 50 punters, whichever comes first.

I dont think that you understood .

If She had caught HIV in Taiwan, the result would still have been negative , as it takes two weeks for the virus to become detectable 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If you read on further in the thread, you’ll find I’ve already answered your second point in a reply to another poster. 

Your first point should be directed at sanemax, not me. 

No, the first point should be directed at you.  Sanemax has nothing to do with this other than a correct observation he made that was the basis of your incorrect conclusion.  Let me walk you through it:

You originally stated "no one forced the men to have unprotected sex with a prostitute". 

Sanemax then properly stated "It doesn't state that anyone has unprotected sex with her". 

You then drew the incorrect conclusion (on the two counts I made) that "no one should worry about contracting HIV".