Local Laundry Lady vs Washing Machine

banagan

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am a big softy, getting into a freshly changed bed with clean and nice smelling sheets is a pleasure.

I prefer to let the sheets absorb some bodily pheromones and become a bit gamey.....it drives the chicks wild.

That is the incorrect use of that "piece of string" expression and also the incorrect answer to the question.  The correct answer is that most places charge by the piece as they make more, but a few places also charge by the kilo.

It has been my experience that (generally) ironed hanging or boxed is by the piece and fluff & fold is by weight.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

It has been my experience that (generally) ironed hanging or boxed is by the piece and fluff & fold is by weight.

They "box" stuff??? That is way too upmarket for me thanks, not to mention contributing to the destruction of rainforests, resulting in global warming, causing glaciers to melt, raising sea levels, and getting left wing environmentalist politicians in power to milk the situation and raise taxes.  It is the butterfly effect in action, little did you know.

We got a front loader that you can set the water temperature up to 65C.

I am not allowed to do laudery. When I try I get scolded especially by my wife's mom and sister when they come to stay for awhile. Cripes I cant even go get my own beer. I am getting spoiled.?

Pay a few quid extra get yourself a decent front loader,use about 1/3 amount of water than a top loader,use less detergent,can adjust water temp for what you washing,e-coli bacteria can grow in towels,bedsheets and the like,set water temp to 60 Celsius will kill e coli bacteria,no brain in my view.

20 hours ago, Wake Up said:

The wash and iron service by the local ladies is one of the best deals on the planet. Find one you like and say hello to her and get to know her name. The relationship you will create is priceless. 

OP, another thought provoking mind boggling Post, i mean it just beggars belief, do my own washing or take to a Laundry Woman, Bored are we, and then the replies, Bloody Priceless.   :cheesy:

In your situation, I would buy a frontloaded machine and use it for stuff that does not need ironing, such as towels, pillowcases, bed sheets, floor mats, curtains, underwear, socks. Then take the "irony" stuff to the laundry lady. Good to have a machine in case laundry ladies go for a vacation or something else. Frontloaded are better because they actually move and tumble around the laundry. If you look down a top-loaded machine in operation, you will notice there is not much tumbling being done, the laundry is just basically floating around in the water.

I have yet to find a Thai lady who knows how to properly wash clothes in a a washing machine. Similar to driving a car or motorbike?

Recently was traveling so tried one of the 30B washing machines. Clothes came out visibly "beat". These commercial washers are tough my western bought clothes.

Plus add in the cost of the lost shirts from the laundry. Have been paying for that servise for 3 years. Changed shops. Same problem. . I could have bought a couple of the machines with the money spent. Got a 12kilo washer . 10,000. 8 kilo for 8,000 some less. But if you hate ironing , as they say up to you.