Wednesday ‘beach cleaning day’ dirtiest of week

Rimmer

Wednesday ‘beach cleaning day’ dirtiest of week

image.png

PATTAYA:--One reason Pattaya’s administrators banished chairs and umbrellas from beaches every Wednesday was to use the day to get the shoreline clean again. As it turns out, it’s dirtier that day than any other.

A stroll along Jomtien Beach late March 28 found the beachfront littered with garbage that beach chair vendors normally would pick up. The litter lingers until morning when the operators return.

It has been 2½ years since the order to remove chairs once a week came down and people are still debating whether it’s worth it. Half of beachgoers surveyed bemoan the lack of shade and easily obtained refreshments. The other half, carrying their own mats and towels, like the natural look of the shoreline.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/wednesday-beach-cleaning-day-dirtiest-week-206414

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-04-06

a couple of months ago on Jomtien beach there were hordes of beach cleaners didnt have a bloody clue, just wandering about in no order, one following behind another instead of fanning out, it was a joke to watch, in fact i took a photo. its not rocket science, or maybe it is to them. its not as if the beach is very wide, 

16 hours ago, johng said:

The deck chair vendors  owe it to them self to keep their patch clean and they do a good job...but they don't clean up  outside their designated area  who can blame them for that.

What do they do with the trash they collect....? I ask because I recall watching them in the past and often they simply threw the rubbish into the sea.

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems like a good idea for community service for hoodlums to me.

And policeman's son who does drugs, maybe daddy could come down and take family photo

• Like 1

I live here over 10years beach vendor not cleaning only waiting for the litter drifting down to the next vendor I a vendor cleaning it is only where the chair have to be they completely lazy and for the government people they hired to clean is a joke they're to lazy or stupid to see the garbish 

Thailand will always just blame the tourism because Thai people not do anything 

• Like 1

I was wondering if I signed up people to join me at the beach to collect rubbish and then send it to the land fill dump if that would be ok or counted as working without permit and we'd be in trouble. I'll ask next time at immigration but if you are there before me please ask. And if you would like to join the rubbish club let me know.

collect rubbish and then send it to the land fill dump

And if you would like to join the rubbish club let me know.

Still waiting for the answer as to where is the official Pattaya landfill site where we can take all the recyclables etc.

Immigration don't deal with work permits
the Labour department does...

I would imagine a single individual picking up rubbish on the beach wouldn't have a problem but it gets a bit grey when someone organises a mass cleanup...someone might get annoyed that it shows those responsible for keeping the place clean in a bad light.

Anyway I decline your invitation to clean up after the people who say they love their country but insist on throwing rubbish all over it....ohh and where is the Pattaya refuse /recycling site ?

42 minutes ago, johng said:

I once got a baht bus full of concrete bags to take me to the rubbish dump.

Sorry I forgot where it is and I can't easily find it in google maps.

I recommend quizzing the local baht bus drivers.

I paid 500 baht to take a full load of concrete on the back of one of those babies.

It did look like an official dump.

If you join to clean up the beach with me maybe you could overlook that we are cleaning a country and that we are cleaning the planet.

The thing that stops me from getting exercise outside in the sun and doing a good deed is fear of being arrested.  I still will follow up what immigration have to say. haha and see if they will give me a visa for it. lol. Maybe they will pay for the garbage bags.

42 minutes ago, johng said:

Still waiting for the answer as to where is the official Pattaya landfill site where we can take all the recyclables etc.

Immigration don't deal with work permits
the Labour department does...

I would imagine a single individual picking up rubbish on the beach wouldn't have a problem but it gets a bit grey when someone organises a mass cleanup...someone might get annoyed that it shows those responsible for keeping the place clean in a bad light.

Anyway I decline your invitation to clean up after the people who say they love their country but insist on throwing rubbish all over it....ohh and where is the Pattaya refuse /recycling site ?

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

I was wondering if I signed up people to join me at the beach to collect rubbish and then send it to the land fill dump if that would be ok or counted as working without permit and we'd be in trouble. I'll ask next time at immigration but if you are there before me please ask. And if you would like to join the rubbish club let me know.

I have clean the beach before someone said to me I could be in trouble for do it because it's a Thai job so I stop but I will be happy to do it again 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎4‎/‎2561 at 11:08 AM, dorchester said:

maybe koto can nail up signs on every tree.Wait,he already did that.Thailand,we got trash nailed to trees

Seems like - 80 so far and counting .................

kotoscan2.jpg

Kotscan!1.jpg