Summer storms wreak havoc in 17 provinces

rooster59

Summer storms wreak havoc in 17 provinces

flood4.jpg

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation said summer storms have wreaked havoc to 17 provinces during April 2-6.

Mr Chayapol Thitisak, director-general of the department, said the storms caused damages to 656 homes in 34 districts.

Meanwhile, Bangkok was hit by summer storm last night with heavy rains in many areas until this morning.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/summer-storms-wreak-havoc-17-provinces/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-07

5 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It rained a bit here on and off all day. Hardly a storm but this is further south in Hua Hin.

Rained  ALL day until 9pm at night down here in Pranburi area, pretty heavy also and I not far from you so  looks  like you  missed a  lot of it.

14 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Yep at last some rain but the wind not so welcome tossing my plastic decoy owls crashing into the roof overhang make that 657 homes. 

Sorry for going off topic, but did your decoys actually work? Mine didn't.:sad:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Sorry for going off topic, but did your decoys actually work? Mine didn't.:sad:

A definite reduction in in bird crap in conjunction with cd's on a old headphone cable the owls are now beefed up with more sand and hurricane tested on the downside not to astatically pleasing.

• Like 1

Didn't wreak any havoc in my part of BKK, but certainly ushered in some welcomed unseasonably cool weather! Some areas probably set all-time record low temps for April. Was close here in BKK...maybe tied...but haven't yet heard the official temp recorded. 22 C in my location was a tie, but heard 21 C and 20 C reported. :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

A definite reduction in in bird crap in conjunction with cd's on a old headphone cable the owls are now beefed up with more sand and hurricane tested on the downside not to astatically pleasing.

A photo or video of this could be fun.

• Sad 1