PM Prayut hopes next administration avoids populist policies

webfact

41 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

a countless number of social and political issues have been resolved and the wellbeing of the poor has significantly improved. 

I would beg to differ on that.....the fund for the destitute was pillaged in most provinces, how does that improve the lot of the poor? The education budget has been pillaged, how does that help anyone but the dishonest grubs who stole it!

I guess you haven't seen the watches and rings they are wearing lately.  Those poor seem to be doing very well in the last few years.

• Like 2

Politics is largely made out big chunk of plausible BS,spiked with populism and appeasement policies, some illusions and promises, a tiny bits of truth and the uncanny abilities to sell all this to the people...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, baboon said:

No. Great politicians watch what they are saying. Great politicians charm not threaten. Great politicians can debate passionately and convince not coerce. He can do none of these.

Relax I was making a joke about the lying part.  

I have said it often the guy can't handle the media.. if you can't do that you can't become a politician.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Relax I was making a joke about the lying part.  

I have said it often the guy can't handle the media.. if you can't do that you can't become a politician.

I shall relax once I get some coffee down me...:biggrin:

26 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Great post, Baboon. You know what they say: 'Many a true word spoken in jest'.

When we look at these buffoons running Thailand, we can't help thinking at some level: 'This has to be one massive satire, one huge wind-up, right?! No one could be that stupid - and expect others to believe them!'

Exactly! Jeez, what a laugh in these threads must have been over the past four years for the fanbois on here - us getting all po-faced about a bit of repression and corruption - when the whole thing is a wind up!

Let's join in the fun. Get yourselves a sound effects app, and when the news comes on away we go. Prawit comes on and it's 'Tick tock tick tock... "Going somewhere, Solo?"' The General who is now a politician who is now a General who is now a politician announces "Moooo" and a woman screams... Bring back the smiles to LOS, I say!

Edited by baboon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lungstib said:

There are so many "alternative opinions" in that short statement that my mind is boggled. I thought Trump was the leading exponent on political garbage but this takes the prize. TV comedians could run with this for a week.

"TV comedians could run with this for a week."

If only it were legal here. 

• Like 1