5G SmartGrid Rollout

Easy Come Easy Go

23 minutes ago, johng said:

It would seem this new 5G  is going to be using   the  frequency ranges similar to C band satellites  which have been operating for a very long time now.

Remember when mobile phones first started getting popular...all the hoo- har about  they would fry your brain and cause unborn babies damage...no one wanted a transmitter near their house...now "everyone"

carries a phone around with them are we dead yet ?

Smart TV dont buy one or don't hook it up to the net.

"those silly home pod things"     yes definitely don't get one of those they record all sound,or practice "Chinese whispers"

Yes of course they can  I don't dispute that for a moment.

If they can do that and the device is really "turned off"  then there has been some revolutionary discovery meaning electronic devices  can work without electricity !  someone should have the Nobel prize and be extremely rich.

It was found only a few weeks back that mobile phones cause cancer in mice. Granted that is mice, but it's still a mammal and should be taken into consideration. 

Cancer in humans has risen and risen over the last century, and that could be down to many different things. But adding to the already high number of sources isn't an ideal plan of action. 

Satellites, yes they are high up in the atmosphere. That is slightly different than having a 5G tower on every street corner of your town. 

I do not watch TV period, so no smart TV for me. Don't have a home pod no. 

About the devices before turned off
In the case of a tool called “Weeping Angel” for attacking Samsung SmartTVs, WikiLeaks wrote, “After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a ‘Fake-Off’ mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on, In ‘Fake-Off’ mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server.”

Not sure about you, but I personally wouldn't be happy with having 5G towers all over my town. However, most people are conditioned and are controlled by the ruling powers and they will except it, moreover many will applaud it. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

It was found only a few weeks back that mobile phones cause cancer in mice. Granted that is mice, but it's still a mammal and should be taken into consideration. 

Cancer in humans has risen and risen over the last century, and that could be down to many different things. But adding to the already high number of sources isn't an ideal plan of action. 

Satellites, yes they are high up in the atmosphere. That is slightly different than having a 5G tower on every street corner of your town. 

I do not watch TV period, so no smart TV for me. Don't have a home pod no. 

About the devices before turned off
In the case of a tool called “Weeping Angel” for attacking Samsung SmartTVs, WikiLeaks wrote, “After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a ‘Fake-Off’ mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on, In ‘Fake-Off’ mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server.”

Not sure about you, but I personally wouldn't be happy with having 5G towers all over my town. However, most people are conditioned and are controlled by the ruling powers and they will except it, moreover many will applaud it. 

Curious to know how it can fake off when I turn everything off at the wall switch when I finished watching.  I have done this for years to save power. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, nickcar said:

Curious to know how it can fake off when I turn everything off at the wall switch when I finished watching.  I have done this for years to save power. 

do you have to reset the clock on the tv every time you switch back on from the wall switch?....just asking

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wombat said:

reset the clock on the tv every time

The stupid clock on my TV resets its self every time there is a power cut..so I just leave it telling the wrong time..as it is literally a dumb TV ( not smart TV) it doesn't mater or effect its job of displaying pictures anyway. :smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

do you have to reset the clock on the tv every time you switch back on from the wall switch?....just asking

My 2-year old Samsung TV automatically resets the clock time after a power failure and it's not a Smart TV. On most late model TV's when you set it up, you can choose whether the clock is set manually or automatically from the signal source.

My question is this. Are there current plans to roll this out in Thailand, and if so when and where? For me personally, I don't care where I have to go, I am not going to live in a town where this is being used as it not only comprises health, but privacy and freedom. Thoughts? 

My goodness...as 5G eventually spreads across the world like 3G did...and like 4G is....you may have to move off planet.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, johng said:

Remember when mobile phones first started getting popular...all the hoo- har about  they would fry your brain and cause unborn babies damage...no one wanted a transmitter near their house...now "everyone"

Ah, but people are dying all the time...!

• Like 2

This is clearly a pretty technical subject, and I'm no expert. But from what little I have seen and heard regarding EMF radiation, the concerns raised here by Easy Come Easy Go and others are worthy of consideration and further investigation rather than derision and cheap jibes.

Commercial concerns looking for new markets do not traditionally always tell us the cons as well as the pros of what they are rolling out. Forewarned is forearmed.

For ThaiVisa members concerned about themselves and their families being at risk should find this dedicated website interesting:

https://emfacademy.com/wifi-radiation-everything-need-know/

• Like 2

I once saw a cartoon with several sick mice inside a sealed glass box being exposed to 100%  O2. The caption was "Dr., your theory was right. Oxygen can make you sick". 

So you say the effects of 5G microwave radiation exposure are not theory but has been tested. Negative effects on who, humans or laboratory animals? Mice, rats and other research testing animals are subjected to an extremely high dose of medication, chemicals, radiation and other substances to achieve a scientific breakthrough.  Most of these results contain the disclaimer it has been shown they "may or can" but seldom they "will or do".

If you don't want to live near a 5G tower, I would advise you to rent and not buy because you will be moving frequently if 5G becomes the standard in Thailand.

Also, don't forget your tin foil hat.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Actually, the OP has a point although the damage that can be done by a 5G network has not been satisfactorily proven.  Technology is great but it creates a window for Governments; Intelligence Agencies and others to obtain huge amounts of data to do with what they may.

The CIA does have programs that can turn on your smart phones, TVs and other smart devices and listen to you or watch you. The NSA has huge resources to capture data and 'mine' it when necessary.  A US Passport has an implant in it supposedly to locate it if stolen- I suspect it can do other things if needed.

Facebook; other Social Media; Credit Reporting Agencies; Department Stores where cedit cards are used; ATM Machines all have either been hacked or gather data through various means.  Some countries force everything to go through a central server enabling them to control the flow.

People ask- what does it matter- I have nothing to hide.  Really.... How about privacy- the ability to live a free and open life without every aspect of it being recorded; stored; analysed by a computer program and then fedback to a human being to use for whatever they want to use it for. At what point will the human oversight not be needed and the computer system make the decision/  This is not freedom- it's the start of potential tyranny.

I don't understand the people who insist it doesn't matter about disregarding privacy for convenience, because they 'don't have anything to hide' - I guess that's the point, governments and the elite bank on the fact most people will throw their privacy away for convenience.

Like I said in the OP, it has already started in China where computer algorithms have started to blacklist people, and it most likely won't be long before it starts to happen in the West and globally.

Imagine if you're in your bedroom at night and you make love to your partner, people could be listening in and watching. After you're in bed with your significant other and are talking about topics and discuss something hypothetically that the algorithm doesn't like, and bam you're blacklisted. There's no way to appeal it or to dispute it. This isn't a far-cry of a possible future to come. Orwell imagined cameras watching and listening to us in our own homes, and that has essentially happened now.. 

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem unless you set up home right next to a base antenna.

If you've got a dual-band router at home, you're already living in a 5GHz microwave field, and if you can see ships at sea, you're likely being blasted with 10GHz narrow pulses of 10kW or more from the radars.  Nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

The stupid clock on my TV resets its self every time there is a power cut..so I just leave it telling the wrong time..as it is literally a dumb TV ( not smart TV) it doesn't mater or effect its job of displaying pictures anyway. :smile:

If you are here in Thailand, I think it is the country that's dumb in that it still has power cuts, if you are a westerner, how often did you have power cuts in your country?

One aspect has been forgotten in this topic 5 g using exact same frequency 3,5 ghz like Cband reception of thai com and other satellites in Asia so it will be come to signal overlapping and interference 3 g no longer needed then in Austria allready have some 5 g test area in bigger city

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, johng said:

It would seem this new 5G  is going to be using   the  frequency ranges similar to C band satellites  which have been operating for a very long time now.

Smart TV dont buy one or don't hook it up to the net.

"those silly home pod things"     yes definitely don't get one of those they record all sound,or practice "Chinese whispers"

Yes of course they can  I don't dispute that for a moment.

If they can do that and the device is really "turned off"  then there has been some revolutionary discovery meaning electronic devices  can work without electricity !  someone should have the Nobel prize and be extremely rich.

Well, no not quite right. Providing the cell phone has no defects, that it is perfect, then it will not emit a signal when switched off. However, some cell phones can become defective by one of several methods and they will continue to emit a weak signal when turned off. But I am no expert on this so one needs to check it out. Certainly a cell phone can be tracked while switched on and could become infected with a Trojan or virus which ensures that a signal continues when switched off. But don't forget that all things electric emit energy and this is true of any instrument that has internal data continually running...the clock, for example, continues to work even when switched off. However, this is not enough to reach any relay tower but theoretically (emphasized) if someone got close enough...The main point is, how many of us switch our cell phones off?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

I once saw a cartoon with several sick mice inside a sealed glass box being exposed to 100%  O2. The caption was "Dr., your theory was right. Oxygen can make you sick". 

So you say the effects of 5G microwave radiation exposure are not theory but has been tested. Negative effects on who, humans or laboratory animals? Mice, rats and other research testing animals are subjected to an extremely high dose of medication, chemicals, radiation and other substances to achieve a scientific breakthrough.  Most of these results contain the disclaimer it has been shown they "may or can" but seldom they "will or do".

If you don't want to live near a 5G tower, I would advise you to rent and not buy because you will be moving frequently if 5G becomes the standard in Thailand.

Also, don't forget your tin foil hat.  

Can I borrow yours?

• Haha 1

OP

I would suggest you put on your tin foil hat ( make sure you have three thicknesses - Home Pro sells heavy duty )

If you expect anybody to believe this conspiracy nonsense- please supply us with all the links to scientific papers , peer reviews , journals etc etc etc.

otherwise return to your bunker and add more foil .

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

People ask- what does it matter- I have nothing to hide.  Really.... How about privacy- the ability to live a free and open life without every aspect of it being recorded; stored; analysed by a computer program

Too late. there is no such thing as privacy. Some years back when i needed to go on the UK government site (to view pensions, tax status, tax returns etc) my identity had to be verified which could be done through approx 8 different organisations of which you picked one (i picked the post office but i'm sure they were all the same)

I was dumbstruck by the questions they asked me, and knew the answers to (it takes a lot to shock me). 50% of the questions i could not even answer myself they were so obscure/long ago

plus they wanted exact dates, amounts etc. It was not just transactions but questions relating to all manner of matters.

I have no doubt this is available in nearly all western countries

Everything is now linked when you get pulled over by the police in a car they already know if the car is taxed, insured, has mot, and if your the owner  and probably your waist size before they even get out of their car