5G SmartGrid Rollout

Easy Come Easy Go

3 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

This is clearly a pretty technical subject, and I'm no expert. But from what little I have seen and heard regarding EMF radiation, the concerns raised here by Easy Come Easy Go and others are worthy of consideration and further investigation rather than derision and cheap jibes.

Commercial concerns looking for new markets do not traditionally always tell us the cons as well as the pros of what they are rolling out. Forewarned is forearmed.

For ThaiVisa members concerned about themselves and their families being at risk should find this dedicated website interesting:

https://emfacademy.com/wifi-radiation-everything-need-know/

You are right, this is a very technical area...but not because of the EM used. Gamma rays, X-rays are damaging because they ionize whatever target they hit. Radio & Microwaves are on the other end of the EM spectrum and we've been using them for many years now. The problems are more likely to come from what the cell phones are made of...the Lithium batteries for example. The energy produced by batteries does indeed depend on ions and though the risk is supposed to be minimal many wonder if that is the case. I don't wish to alarm anyone but there is research going on, apparently, into what environmental factors may be important that might add to any 'slight risk'. Take for example the sub atomic particle, the Neutrino. The Sun produces these in very large quantities and around 65 billion pass through every square centimeter...per second. Originally they were thought to be 'mass-less' because they travel a speeds close to that of light, pass through everything, you, me and indeed the Earth as a whole, without any interaction. They have no electric charge. Recently, new research into these shows that they do have mass but it's tiny compared to say the Electron and there isn't just one 'type' and that indeed some types may well interact under special conditions. I mention this just to show just how much we know about what goes on at the quantum level and all things electrical and chemical depend ultimately on Quantum Physics and that includes cell phones. Perhaps some will feel I have gone to deep (perspective) and they maybe right.

As I said, yes very technical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

You are right, this is a very technical area...but not because of the EM used. Gamma rays, X-rays are damaging because they ionize whatever target they hit. Radio & Microwaves are on the other end of the EM spectrum and we've been using them for many years now. The problems are more likely to come from what the cell phones are made of...the Lithium batteries for example. The energy produced by batteries does indeed depend on ions and though the risk is supposed to be minimal many wonder if that is the case. I don't wish to alarm anyone but there is research going on, apparently, into what environmental factors may be important that might add to any 'slight risk'. Take for example the sub atomic particle, the Neutrino. The Sun produces these in very large quantities and around 65 billion pass through every square centimeter...per second. Originally they were thought to be 'mass-less' because they travel a speeds close to that of light, pass through everything, you, me and indeed the Earth as a whole, without any interaction. They have no electric charge. Recently, new research into these shows that they do have mass but it's tiny compared to say the Electron and there isn't just one 'type' and that indeed some types may well interact under special conditions. I mention this just to show just how much we know about what goes on at the quantum level and all things electrical and chemical depend ultimately on Quantum Physics and that includes cell phones. Perhaps some will feel I have gone to deep (perspective) and they maybe right.

As I said, yes very technical.

Wow! Sweet dreams. . . 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Well, no not quite right. Providing the cell phone has no defects, that it is perfect, then it will not emit a signal when switched off. However, some cell phones can become defective by one of several methods and they will continue to emit a weak signal when turned off. But I am no expert on this so one needs to check it out. Certainly a cell phone can be tracked while switched on and could become infected with a Trojan or virus which ensures that a signal continues when switched off. But don't forget that all things electric emit energy and this is true of any instrument that has internal data continually running...the clock, for example, continues to work even when switched off. However, this is not enough to reach any relay tower but theoretically (emphasized) if someone got close enough...The main point is, how many of us switch our cell phones off?

Smart TV dont buy one or don't hook it up to the net.

Why? Most people I know have done both - including me!

1 minute ago, Krataiboy said:

Yes, some of my friends switch off their phone when they go to bed and some don't...I don't perhaps I should eh? Ha!

I can remember all this rubbish being claimed when the first microwave oven was released with the stupid statements that you will die eating the food that is cooked in the microwave because of all the radiation. That and all this is nothing but a load of rubbish in my opinion because there is NO proof that anyone has died from radiation poisoning from cooking in microwaves or using mobile phones, the biggest risk is from the chemicals that are used every day by every person on this earth, even in the western countries just the water that we drink is full of chemicals to kill the bacteria in it plus all the chemicals in the air from all the vehicles and factories and even the bottled water that you buy here in Thailand is not pure water it still has chemicals in it.

You are going to die and there is nothing you can do about it but I would say that very few if any will die because of this 5G rubbish unless you climb one of the towers and you fall. 

Easy come easy go, I with you 1000% ( no typo ).  Sounds like you have some trolls on your tail. Consider the source. I've been worrying about it out here in Issan ever since TOT offered 5 G to me. I declined. I hear you loud and clear. When the Cancer spikes start, the same nay sayers will keep their head in the sand. Not to worry. Protect your self at ALL cost. It's your life. 

2 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

Easy come easy go, I with you 1000% ( no typo ).  Sounds like you have some trolls on your tail. Consider the source. I've been worrying about it out here in Issan ever since TOT offered 5 G to me. I declined. I hear you loud and clear. When the Cancer spikes start, the same nay sayers will keep their head in the sand. Not to worry. Protect your self at ALL cost. It's your life. 

The cancer spikes that were claimed that were going to happen with microwaves and early mobiles plus 3G and 4G did not happen. The more serious things to worry about is the chemicals that are a proven cancer causes that are killing people today

There is of course two other types that will suffer. These are animals and Radio Astronomy. Radio Astronomy is under continuous threat from the Earth based micro frequency sources. Radio Astronomers search the universe for micro wave sources and in January this year there was a conference to debate issues that will arise from 5G technology. As far as astronomers are concerned pollution isn't just having to wear face mask to keep out the smog in big cities, pollution is just as prevalent in the airways in the form of background noise. 5G will add to this 'EM pollution' and make analysis more difficult. The other point is that some animal life also depend on the low frequency bands but of course not a great deal is known about how 'EM pollution' affects them...does anyone making this this technology even care? I don't know...maybe some else on this thread does know.

BBC Click show had something about 5G last week 

it seems great for cities , but the signal does not go very far so you need 1000s of base stations , too many to put out in the countryside , 

Plus it does not go thru buildings etc very well.....

if this info is correct I do not see it as a big plus except in areas that have enough money and people to make it pay off...

But yes its VERY fast.......

More interesting is the new GPS the japanese are doing that will get down to a few inches of where you are at ,  this will help with self driving cars and farm equipment......

12 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

If you are afraid the TV will be used to spy on you   don't buy one or don't hook it up to the net.

31 minutes ago, johng said:

If you are afraid the TV will be used to spy on you   don't buy one or don't hook it up to the net.

Yeah, but. . .  Do you actually have any credible evidence that internet linked TV's in Thailand ARE used to spy on people? If so, this should be making headlines in the national newspapers.

28 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Do you actually have any credible evidence that internet linked TV

No I don't   as I don't care  because my TV is not smart

It was @Easy Come Easy Go who brought the TV into the conversation I was just saying  don't buy one or don't connect it to the internet if you are afraid it can be used to spy on you..

I believe some of them have webcams and microphones  so could be used to spy.

10 minutes ago, johng said:

No I don't   as I don't care  because my TV is not smart

It was @Easy Come Easy Go who brought the TV into the conversation I was just saying  don't buy one or don't connect it to the internet if you are afraid it can be used to spy on you..

I believe some of them have webcams and microphones  so could be used to spy.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

Take it or leave it..

My point in the initial post was not about TV in Thailand being used, but the potential of them being used in the near future in combination with the 5G smart grid. It's already happening in other parts of the world, and things slowly progress over time. Apart from actually going and hacking CIA computers yourself, the link above is going to be the most trust worthy source of information you can get. 

3 hours ago, johng said:

Korea is introducing the prospect of an early pre-commercial 5G trial during the PyeongChang 2018 winter Olympic games. This activity is ongoing in preparation for an early 5G demonstrator in PyeongChang, Seoul and in other Korean locations.

https://gsacom.com/5g-spectrum-bands/

Haha. PyeongChang, Pyongyang. All the same, right?

Actually I had never even heard of PyeongChang before the Winter Olympics but I have been to Pyongyang and I bet the former has a lot more to offer than latter, never mind 5G.