‘Don't Dress Sexy’ Advice Triggers an Echo of #MeToo in Thailand

webfact

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are quite right.... a woman dresses as she pleases and it 'should' NOT trigger the animal in anyone...

I'd like to apply a healthy dose of reality to the topic: Some animals are unable to control themselves, thus, when offering advice to anyone it is not unreasonable to be realistic for the world is not made up of perfectly well-behaved people. 

She still doesn"t have it coming!

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:
19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are quite right.... a woman dresses as she pleases and it 'should' NOT trigger the animal in anyone...

I'd like to apply a healthy dose of reality to the topic: Some animals are unable to control themselves, thus, when offering advice to anyone it is not unreasonable to be realistic for the world is not made up of perfectly well-behaved people. 

She still doesn"t have it coming!

I wholeheartedly agree....  but that would not prevent me from advising someone I care about (or anyone for that matter) to be realistic and heed the advice of caution.... 

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wholeheartedly agree....  but that would not prevent me from advising someone I care about (or anyone for that matter) to be realistic and heed the advice of caution.... 

Look at how the attitudes are changing towards unwanted touching. Look at the movies back in the 70s, 80s and even 90s and early 00s. Attitudes are changing because we are finally talking a “no more” approach. We are taking the “it’s completely unacceptable” to do and the woman bears 0% responsibility. You may have noticed things have changed drastically. This is because of this attitude. Telling women not to dress sexily is just regressive. It sends the wrong message to men who can’t control their urges. Let’s not compare a human being’s right to dress as they please to a set of car keys left in the ignition. Let’s be huge advocates of equal free will. 

If 10 years ago I saw a guy slap a girl’s ass and she got angry, I might not have said anything. Nowadays, I’d definitely say something. This is because people are finally saying enough is enough. 

• Like 2

Civil servants must use their brains when they work. Of course young girls with big tits will show as much as possible their nice tits. Because they know when they grow old nobody will look at their tits so it's a once in a lifetime fun. Nobody will look at tits that are flabby so it's now or never.

Government should not interfere and if girls who dress like this make a sexual harassment report the police should not entertain them because it is only fair. You are free to show your tits so don't report to police if someone touch them.

On 12/04/2018 at 12:19 PM, puipuitom said:

A woman has the right to dress, a man to look, but touch... only and only under mutual agreement.

On 12/04/2018 at 12:19 PM, puipuitom said:

A woman has the right to dress, a man to look, but touch... only and only under mutual agreement.

or under individual payment agreement ? :cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to the racist insinuations of the forum, but recall a bit your history and the extremism during the catholic crusades...the dogma was no better and their dynamics still haunt many communities around the world, that are as bad as the muslim extremists.

On 5/2/2018 at 6:24 PM, observer90210 said:

Sorry to the racist insinuations of the forum, but recall a bit your history and the extremism during the catholic crusades...the dogma was no better and their dynamics still haunt many communities around the world, that are as bad as the muslim extremists.

Europe might be due for an encore of the purge 700y ago. Maybe the Swiss guard will train the crusaders this time.

Edited by DrTuner
A few centuries off

I try to keep my opinion on this practical.  Yes I a woman has the right to dress how she wants and I believe she should have that right but while hopefully most guys will keep themselves together even during an alcohol fueled fest like Songkran, predatory people will be the same predatory people that they are on any other day.  So regardless of what is right and wrong, in a practical, protective context, remaining cognizant that predatory people don't prescribe to those specifics is just looking after yourself. 

I believe I should have the right to walk down a favela in Brazil or the roughest neighborhoods in the Central African Rebublic wearing "bling" and flashing cash around but if I actually wanted to, which I don't, I wouldn't expect that my rights would be respected for very long.  I wouldn't expect that conjecture and philosophical ideals about rights, wrongs and "shoulds" would protect me from getting robbed.  So while I believe I should have the right, I fully expect that in that hypothetical scenario that I what I surmised would happen would happen.  

Predatory people aren't suddenly reading these articles and going "oh!  I didn't realize I mustn't be doing that!  I'll stop at once!  So sorry!" 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tfc said:

I try to keep my opinion on this practical.  Yes I a woman has the right to dress how she wants and I believe she should have that right but while hopefully most guys will keep themselves together even during an alcohol fueled fest like Songkran, predatory people will be the same predatory people that they are on any other day.  So regardless of what is right and wrong, in a practical, protective context, remaining cognizant that predatory people don't prescribe to those specifics is just looking after yourself. 

I believe I should have the right to walk down a favela in Brazil or the roughest neighborhoods in the Central African Rebublic wearing "bling" and flashing cash around but if I actually wanted to, which I don't, I wouldn't expect that my rights would be respected for very long.  I wouldn't expect that conjecture and philosophical ideals about rights, wrongs and "shoulds" would protect me from getting robbed.  So while I believe I should have the right, I fully expect that in that hypothetical scenario that I what I surmised would happen would happen.  

Predatory people aren't suddenly reading these articles and going "oh!  I didn't realize I mustn't be doing that!  I'll stop at once!  So sorry!" 

Well, at least you have some grasp on reality..... 

13 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Well, at least you have some grasp on reality..... 

...as well as a new but ultimately odious take on victim blaming.

Yes, I get the point that one must be willing to bear the greater responsibility for ones actions and the consequences of ones actions. However, I won't be duped into making any sort of excuses or allowances for predatory and otherwise criminal behaviors.

I see woman regardless of how they are dressed as sexy and alluring, thankfully i can keep my thoughts from becoming actions. It's not real hard to do. For those who cant, they are rapists and are deranged people.The women are not at fault.

• Like 1