Songkran checkpoints launched in Phuket

webfact

Songkran checkpoints launched in Phuket

"There will be 15 main checkpoints, 15 sub checkpoints and 20 service points across the island."

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

241f80c740f8e1be436124218a3b4aec.jpeg

The Road and Marine Accident Protection and Reduction Centre for the 2018 Songkran Festival was launched by Phuket’s Governor Norapat Plodthong.

The centre brings together 33 government departments, non-profit organisations and volunteers such as local administration organizations, marine police, tourist police, individual enterprises, foundations and volunteers.

“Even though the number of accidents has reduced during New Year season over the past few years, the three district of Phuket are still in the red zone that has the top number of accidents in the country,” said the Governor.

Full story:  https://thethaiger.com/news/songkran-checkpoints-launched-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-13

18 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I'm hoping it will all over by Sunday here in Phuket.

It is all over tomorrow already, except for a small area in Patong. That is what I like about songkran here: just one day, which means I find it really enjoyable. Especially this year: hardly anybody with ice water, really good.

• Like 1

I don't mind songkran but i avoid it because dirty water and baby powder thrown on me as i ride by.
I really loathe the baby powder smeared all over me and my bikes. Get it in your eye and you can feel the grit.
What does baby powder have to do with Songkran? Serious question.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

I don't mind songkran but i avoid it because dirty water and baby powder thrown on me as i ride by.
I really loathe the baby powder smeared all over me and my bikes. Get it in your eye and you can feel the grit.
What does baby powder have to do with Songkran? Serious question.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Powder is part of the tradition.

But this year also no powder in the water, no colouring, etc.

All in all in my opinion a much cleaner songkran.