Thaksin hopes for new govt by next Songkran

snoop1130

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

If so, then I am truly sorry for Thailand! IMHO, Thaksin is a bad mix of Al Capone and Hitler. Thailand may not have a real chance of democracy until he is either dead, or retires from politics.

Same could be said for those currently in power and seeing as it is a military controlled.... They would be a lot closer to Hitler than Thaksin. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Yes but they have been busy setting everything us to give everyone the ILLUSION that the new election was democratic. Nothing will change until the dinosaurs have died out.

Indeed. 'They voted, didn't they?'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Yes but they have been busy setting everything us to give everyone the ILLUSION that the new election was democratic. Nothing will change until the dinosaurs have died out.

Yes. But it is by no means certain whether the dinosaurs took centuries to fade away, or whether some cataclysm (from their point of view) finished them off quickly...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I wish him a lot of suffering before his body stops working. 

Nice! I guess you prefer a murderous bastard in a red berry whose been skimming profits from needless death and oppression in the south for years!! Good people like you need praise for your peaceful Naivety

17 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Hell, I even miss  Batista.

I plagiarized in a certain sense.

Those words were  from a caption on a cartoon I saw in the Los Angeles Times a few months after Castro overthrew the Batista regime.  (meet the new boss, same as the old boss)

The cartoon showed an obvious peasant in a  small cart  being pulled by a burro.

For some unknown reason those words and the cartoon always stuck with me even after all these decades.    Maybe it has to do with the concept of the grass always being greener on the other side...

47 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I plagiarized in a certain sense.

Those words were  from a caption on a cartoon I saw in the Los Angeles Times a few months after Castro overthrew the Batista regime.  (meet the new boss, same as the old boss)

The cartoon showed an obvious peasant in a  small cart  being pulled by a burro.

For some unknown reason those words and the cartoon always stuck with me even after all these decades.    Maybe it has to do with the concept of the grass always being greener on the other side...

That is kinda the problem here, whoever gets in power will be as bad as the ones before and after (in general). The Thais don't really care anymore because it never really changes anything for them. That is why there are not many protests because who would risk a protests if there is no viable alternative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

That is kinda the problem here, whoever gets in power will be as bad as the ones before and after (in general). The Thais don't really care anymore because it never really changes anything for them. That is why there are not many protests because who would risk a protests if there is no viable alternative. 

If Thais don't care, I'd say the matter stops there.   It's their country and I know personally  I can be kicked out at a moment's notice.   I'm  only a guest and fully understand that.

I'd  just recommend the "powers that be" keep the education system running as it  currently is.     

Keep them ignorant   =  bliss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

It sounds like you are speaking to those in a Bangkok bubble.  There are still many who would be vote for a Shinawatra backed government.  Sutep said as much.  The military and its love of bling and unneeded weapons has achieved nothing for the Thai people accept defiling their choice as to who they wish elected.  Appointed MP's are an outrage and that is solely the army's doing. 

Bad people will always complaining when army try clean up the mess from this corrupt family 

Thailand going the right why 

I not say army perfect but much better than this family and Thai people can see and feel it too 

And no I am not in Bkk 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Bad people will always complaining when army try clean up the mess from this corrupt family 

I not say army perfect but much better than this family and Thai people can see and feel it too 

And no I am not in Bkk 

Henrik i agree with you on many points but, i disagree with you about Thaksin being worse than the present crowd.

Thaksin only did things that benefitted Thaksin, the present crowd are doing exactly the same.

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Henrik i agree with you on many points but, i disagree with you about Thaksin being worse than the present crowd.

Thaksin only did things that benefitted Thaksin, the present crowd are doing exactly the same.

Not quite filling their pockets as blatantly as Thaksin did but their anti-corruption stance is for everyone else but themselves.

One point missed so far is that the current junta wouldn't be in power were it not for the Thaksin amnesty that his party so craved.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, khunken said:

Not quite filling their pockets as blatantly as Thaksin did but their anti-corruption stance is for everyone else but themselves.

One point missed so far is that the current junta wouldn't be in power were it not for the Thaksin amnesty that his party so craved.

Current junta not in power if they honest!

No honour to steal power. 

Thaksin not make junta steal power. 

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

And no I am not in Bkk 

Yes, if you were in Bangkok you would feel differently.  It is still a mess, but just a lot less fun.   Sort of like a dirty, unsafe Singapore with the same lack of fun.  Big shiny Shopping malls full of luxury brands are now part of Thai culture.

It is shameful that farangs who benefited from universal suffrage and freedoms of speech deny the Thai people of such things all because of a petty squabble.  Remember you advocated the theft of votes from the Thai people as you condone the unelected MP's, because you do not like corruption.  Thailand is stuck now with legal and monumental corruption.  Your trust people who are unaccountable to anyone who took power by force.  Gladly, I know no such people in Thailand, farang or otherwise.  YOur country must have an ethical legal system and sense of fairness.  Where are yours ?  People who want freedom of speech like those Chula students are NOT bad and do not deserve to be harassed.   Your whole embrace of the police state and your attitude is shameful.

Edited by yellowboat
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

And no I am not in Bkk 

Sad commentary and Thais I know yearn for the 'good old days' under Thaksin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

Everybody with a care about democracy hopes.

But the JUNTA hope not lol.

So you mean democracy is to buy people wote as thaksin family did before 

Thailand had never been a free democracy country as corruption have been here for a century 

But I wonder why so meny of your guy's in here know so much about politics and junta. Sorry where are your knowledge from?  Media?  Internet?  Beerbars?

23 hours ago, IamRoach said:

I agree with the only elected PM who served a full 4 year term.

And is a convicted fraudster, wanted on numerous serious other charges, and fugitive.

Still, most career criminals like to pretend their anything but.

Just now, Henrik Andersen said:

So you mean democracy is to buy people wote as thaksin family did before 

Thailand had never been a free democracy country as corruption have been here for a century 

But I wonder why so meny of your guy's in here know so much about politics and junta. Sorry where are your knowledge from?  Media?  Internet?  Beerbars?

Many of the members here follow current events in Thailand very closely because they care about their adopted country. Many are also very well read on Thailand's political history. But even if one is not familiar with the situation in Thailand and the country's modern history, it doesn't require a rocket scientist to understand grim realities of the patronage system and the function of the so-called military in this respect. You are simply being defensive because the opinions expressed and conclusions drawn by many here simply done chime with your own. Now that I have answered your question, I think it would be fair to direct your own question back to yourself. Where is your "knowledge" (or clear lack of it) from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Sad commentary and Thais I know yearn for the 'good old days' under Thaksin.

The only ones who "yearn" for the Shin kleptocracies under Thaksin or his various puppets are the Clan, its cronies and lackeys and all those who were lining their pockets at the expense of the people.

Thais I know despise Thaksin for the crook he is. They want an elected government, hate the corruption and entitlement of the elite but don't want this crook back thieving again.

14 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

And don't lecture me on the bloody military. I've been working with the US and UK military since 2003. As for

And US and UK have just make the world unsafe place to live 

Sorry but since when US had a victory 

Meny countries have a army there will loose quickly if any invasion 

1 minute ago, stephen tracy said:

Many of the members here follow current events in Thailand very closely because they care about their adopted country. Many are also very well read on Thailand's political history. But even if one is not familiar with the situation in Thailand and the country's modern history, it doesn't require a rocket scientist to understand grim realities of the patronage system and the function of the so-called military in this respect. You are simply being defensive because the opinions expressed and conclusions drawn by many here simply done chime with your own. Now that I have answered your question, I think it would be fair to direct your own question back to yourself. Where is your "knowledge" (or clear lack of it) from?

True enough Stephen regarding the patronage system and its effects.

Now with all your information based knowledge, can you perhaps explain Thaksin's role in the Krungthai Bank fraud where other co-defendants have been convicted and given lengthy sentences? The one where his little boy seems to have been given 10 million baht tip.

• Like 1

Just now, Baerboxer said:

The only ones who "yearn" for the Shin kleptocracies under Thaksin or his various puppets are the Clan, its cronies and lackeys and all those who were lining their pockets at the expense of the people.

Thais I know despise Thaksin for the crook he is. They want an elected government, hate the corruption and entitlement of the elite but don't want this crook back thieving again.

And is a convicted fraudster, wanted on numerous serious other charges, and fugitive.

Still, most career criminals like to pretend their anything but.

As I have stated numerous time, the elite are the primary reason for Thailand's socio-economic backwardness. They are the chief, malignant tumor. And unlike an elected government, they can't be voted out or removed peacefully.

True enough Stephen regarding the patronage system and its effects.

Now with all your information based knowledge, can you perhaps explain Thaksin's role in the Krungthai Bank fraud where other co-defendants have been convicted and given lengthy sentences? The one where his little boy seems to have been given 10 million baht tip.

No one is disputing the venality of the Thaksin clan. Your obsession with all things Thaksin denies you of your sovereignty of reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

No one is disputing the venality of the Thaksin clan. Your obsession with all things Thaksin denies you of your sovereignty of reason.

Actually there are members who inform us that his trial, & the ones awaiting him, were all just a political setup. Others claim that 'the Thais' still love him and will vote his party into power again.

I make no claim other that, yes, I'd like to see a semblance of democracy here, excluding the military and any party owned by one clan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Yes, if you were in Bangkok you would feel differently.  It is still a mess, but just a lot less fun.   Sort of like a dirty, unsafe Singapore with the same lack of fun.  Big shiny Shopping malls full of luxury brands are now part of Thai culture.

It is shameful that farangs who benefited from universal suffrage and freedoms of speech deny the Thai people of such things all because of a petty squabble.  Remember you advocated the theft of votes from the Thai people as you condone the unelected MP's, because you do not like corruption.  Thailand is stuck now with legal and monumental corruption.  Your trust people who are unaccountable to anyone who took power by force.  Gladly, I know no such people in Thailand, farang or otherwise.  YOur country must have an ethical legal system and sense of fairness.  Where are yours ?  People who want freedom of speech like those Chula students are NOT bad and do not deserve to be harassed.   Your whole embrace of the police state and your attitude is shameful.

Yes, it seems easier to suppress freedom of speech when you have all the guns. How unfair on poor Thaksin, he only had the defamation laws, which he used feverishly, plus the odd disappearance, etc to try and prevent critics.

At a time when the democracy in the West seems under more threat than ever; with increasing attempts at state control, at more and more corrupt politicians being exposed and then getting away with it a la Madame Lagarde; with electorate will being ignored by politicians who flip once their in office; then the future doesn't look rosy for anyone who supports universal suffrage and democracy, whether direct, representative, and however constitutionalized.

100 years ago a terrible conflict was taking millions of lives. Many British people who were risking their lives didn't have the right to vote. Women didn't have the right. That Western democracy isn't as old as some would pretend and for years was restricted by wealth and privilege.

This is nowhere near a police state. If you ever experienced life in a police state you'd know that. Like Singapore was for instance. 

Here the masses have never had a voice. Just rich elite families wanting to run things for their benefit. And that included the Shins who didn't want to share with the others and so set up the confrontation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Not sure you understand what constitutes reason in this context. First you agree then try to dismiss it with obfuscation.Hardly a reasoned response.

But if you read the political threads here you will note some posters claim Thaksin and his siblings are innocent, that everything against them is politically motivated and pretend they've never done anything wrong.

Whereas they are the Junta without the military.

19 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

As I have stated numerous time, the elite are the primary reason for Thailand's socio-economic backwardness. They are the chief, malignant tumor. And unlike an elected government, they can't be voted out or removed peacefully.

Indeed they are. But you sometimes seems to portray the Shins as not being of the elite. When in fact they are and part of the problem, just another face.