BKK entry refusal

21 minutes ago, Jamin123 said:

Excuse me! Keep your narrow minded opinion privately. In NYC, some of the most beautiful girls I have met are from the Caribbean. There’re many Whites and Chinese living there for centuries.

I may visit New York some day to see Caribbean girls

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

Stop some Japanese folks in the street (except usually for high schools kids) and they will run away, 

Yes, 100% true. My French, non threatening girlfriend almost started crying when she asked a few girls her own age for directions and they just run away. This was on the middle of Shinjuku in broad daylight. This was after our trip to Thailand where everyone was so friendly. She just couldn't understand. I think she took getting scammed at KSR better than this.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

When you enter visa exempt, after staying significant periods on tourist entries, immigration has pretty much total discretion on whether to admit you. It is different when you are entering with a visa. An appeal would almost certainly just be a waste of money.

This pattern of travel is very common with off shore oil workers on rotation work.

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You are misinformed, according to the Amity treaty between Thailand and the USA a US citizen can own the majority of a company. If you work here long enough , learn to speak and write Thai you can aply and become a Thai citizen get a Thai passport. Look up the name William Heinecke ,  he is the owner of The Pizza Company who was born in the USA. His father became an ambassador but when he returned to the US  William stayed (was only 17) worked and later became a Thai citizen. So not only were the Chinese accepted so have others.

And the Indians who own so much land in Bangkok. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, The manic said:
12 hours ago, BritTim said:

When you enter visa exempt, after staying significant periods on tourist entries, immigration has pretty much total discretion on whether to admit you. It is different when you are entering with a visa. An appeal would almost certainly just be a waste of money.

This pattern of travel is very common with off shore oil workers on rotation work.

I agree with you, and the denial of entry seems harsh. That does not change the reality that, with visa exempt entry, the immigration official has pretty much full discretion. Unless the OP has friends in high places, any appeal is simply going to be ignored.

• Like 1

So much nonsense on this post- he is the truth

-No appeal can legally be accepted- exempt entries have no appeal process an if by chance accepted -would be denied.

-US Treaty of Amity- gives US Citizens 100% ownership- read the details via Google

-Japanese people are friendly- I lived there 15 years-  if they ran away from a question it means they didn't understand English and were shy and didn't want to lose face.

-As far as the OP being denied entry- I suspect the color of his skin was really the deciding factor- unfortunately some Thai officials do not like people of color. As far as Caribbean girls in New York- they are in New York and not Thailand- I too think they are beautiful but unfortunately some Thai IOs may not.

-No foreigner owns land in Thailand-  people of Indian abstraction are actually Thai citizens whose family emigrated to Thailand a century ago- I personally know several who are quite wealthy.

Unfortunately for the OP he ran into some IOs who took a dislike to his travel pattern and then suspected he was working-  and they wanted to deny entry-  absolutely ridiculous- never ever heard of a foreigner driving a Tuk Tuk in Thailand nor ever heard of one even owning such a 'vehicle'- and neither have the Io's.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

never ever heard of a foreigner driving a Tuk Tuk in Thailand nor ever heard of one even owning such a 'vehicle'- and neither have the Io's.

I saw a farang driving a tuk tuk a few weeks ago in udon

There will be lots of assumptions etc... but we don’t know all the facts. I traveled to BKK for over 10 years on 30 day free entry from Shenzhen and I am an American and never once was I questioned by anyone. I also had a job and hotel booked. I never read TVF at the time but if you make a good presentation and appear to be a tourist ready to spend money you are allowed in. If you are something else then they have a job to do and you are not allowed in.  End of story.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

Contrary to Thais, the Japanese are all very friendly and polite; even the Thais rave about that. 

Now that's a load of BS. Japanese won't even sit near a foreigner on the metro. You will have empty seats on both sides even on a full train they are so freakishly uncomfortable around us. 

5 hours ago, Media1 said:

Incorrect badly. Thai people don't see sweet FA from Chinese. The only people that earn is the JUNTA and key businesses. The grass roots Thai business want UK AU USA EURO. 

How does the junta earn from Chinese tourists?

1 hour ago, jspill said:

'Checked her screen' - avoid the female IOs

I just got in with another visa exemption couple weeks ago, in my current passport is a 2yr overstay stamp, 9 exemptions and 1 tourist visa, and previous passport 7 years of visas including another 1.5yr overstay. 

I pick a queue with a male IO who is letting in people quickly 

bloody hell 555 if you're going to overstay you might as well get your 20k's worth i suppose. well then at least, no so much now

• Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 5:05 AM, kylep said:

Had 4 previous 30 days exemptions (May 2017, Aug 2017, Nov 2017 and Jan 2018). Immigration officer scanned my passport, checked something on her screen and called someone.

In 2015 I did 5 trips to LoS. Since 2016 I do 4 trips/year. This year I have already been there in January-Feb. My 2nd next trip is Mai-June...... I stay in the same hotels in BKK and Pattaya..... (Majestic grande and Ktk regent suite)

Los is a touristic country, the more tourists, the better it is!!! 

2 minutes ago, Wang Lalker said:

was thinking of coming after songkran but will delay further until these type of reports are past history. immig. definitely dont like me either through no fault of mine

They have been going on for a couple of years now, they won't be stopping anytime soon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaidream said:

So much nonsense on this post- he is the truth

-No appeal can legally be accepted- exempt entries have no appeal process an if by chance accepted -would be denied.

The same way I was told incorrectly that I would have to give up my UK citizenship when I gained Thai citizenship.

That was wrong too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jamin123 said:

Excuse me! Keep your narrow minded opinion privately. In NYC, some of the most beautiful girls I have met are from the Caribbean. There’re many Whites and Chinese living there for centuries.

Think you kind of missed the point of the post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jspill said:

I just got in with another visa exemption couple weeks ago, in my current passport is a 2yr overstay stamp, 9 exemptions and 1 tourist visa, and previous passport 7 years of visas including another 1.5yr overstay. 

so total overstay 3.5 years?

I wouldn't suggest it to anybody.

you've been very lucky, never been asked to show your passport.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

Many non-Thai folks have attained Thai citizenship.

Is the Amity treaty really alive and well, does it contribute significantly today to either Thailand or the US?

It's alive and well and is worth a read if you have enough money maybe worthwhile if you can start a business that doesn't conflict with jobs on the restricted list, that actually still applies even if it does come under a different set of laws/rules. The Amity treaty doesn't over-ride those restrictions, they still apply.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darrendsd said:

On virtually every thread we have seen on this forum about people being denied at the Airports the I/O has been a female and it is the same in the OP's case

Another poster has advised avoiding booths with female officers, I am starting to think this is good advice

This

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

I saw a farang driving a tuk tuk a few weeks ago in udon

Udon isn't Bangkok and might as well not be Thailand.   No one care what happens in the boonies.   

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, jspill said:

I always look for the youngest Female IO.  10 years of living here on tourist visas and I've never had any issue with immigration.