BKK entry refusal

Googled and found this this site.

Arrived on TG 627 yesterday afternoon from Tokyo. 

Had 4 previous 30 days exemptions (May 2017, Aug 2017, Nov 2017 and Jan 2018). Immigration officer scanned my passport, checked something on her screen and called someone. 2 guys came and looked at her screen for a while, then I was asked to follow them. They asked to see my ticket, what i was doing in thailand, why i was coming this time funds (i had $750 and jpy 28000).

Asked where i stayed last year and what i did and what i planned to do this time. One of them checked my phone, went through my facebook app and saw a picture of me on a tuk tuk. At that time I asked a tuk tuk driver to take a picture of me on the driver seat. Now this caught the attention of the immigration officer and she said something in Thai to her colleagues who looked at the picture. They asked me if I owned the tuk tuk and if I was driving one. I explained it was a touristy kind of picture and nothing more but they just weren't convinced and went on and on trying to talk me into confessing.

End of the day they denied me entry and after some delay was told i would i would be flying back on TG 642 today. Thai Air backdated my ticket from June 3rd to today.

They held on to my passport. (is this allowed?) I have a ticket for Narita to LAX but that's not until the 4 of June with United.

Now to my question. Upon arrival in Tokyo tomorrow morning, will i be allowed to reenter Tokyo or will they be informed about the denied entry in BKK?

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Together with the regular (mostly every 3 months) arrival, receiving a visa-free entry every time, I suspect...

And does the OP have an onward flight ticket from Thailand?

Any extensions on the 30 day visa exempt entries?

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And does the OP have an onward flight ticket from Thailand?

Any extensions on the 30 day visa exempt entries?

No extensions on the previous visa exempt entries.

I have a VietJet ticket to Vietnam on Apr 27, returning to BKK on May 2. They totally ignored it.

Edited by kylep
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kylep said:

No extensions on the previous visa exempt entries.

I have a VietJet ticket to Vietnam on Apr 27, returning to BKK on May 2. They totally ignored it.

Screw them! Spend the money in Vietnam or Japan. If they sent you back to Tokyo, why not buy an inexpensive ticket to Vietnam? Next time, perhaps get a tourist visa, just for peace of mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kylep said:

Upon arrival in Tokyo tomorrow morning, will i be allowed to reenter Tokyo

If you have a "Refused Entry" stamp in your passport then you may well be refused entry to Japan. If that happens you will be sent back to Thailand where you will again be refused entry -- You should consider returning home

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Swimman said:

If you have a "Refused Entry" stamp in your passport then you may well be refused entry to Japan. If that happens you will be sent back to Thailand where you will again be refused entry -- You should consider returning home

If that happens, you'll know soon enough. Then you won't have another choice than backdating your United ticket to LAX. Let us know; good luck!

The thing is I'm not detained. I'm allowed to roam freely in the transit area. Instructions are to be at the gate later this evening by or before 10 PM. Buying anything on duty free is not allowed. They want to see the passport and boarding pass which they are holding on to and I suspect they will only return to me either before I board or when I arrive in Japan.

Yes, will update what happens tomorrow morning. 

1 hour ago, kylep said:

The thing is I'm not detained. I'm allowed to roam freely in the transit area. Instructions are to be at the gate later this evening by or before 10 PM.

This is an improvement over the treatment of others. 

Sad story, though.  Given what the OP probably spent here - multiples of an annual Thai salary - Immigration just forced another Thai business to close, and forced the family out of the middle-class and back to subsistence-farming.  What a way to "help" their fellow Thais, eh?

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

Are you able to fly to Laos, VTE and get a single entry tourist visa, then return to Thailand through the Nong Khai border?

Would this be possible?

That would depend on the Japanese Immi as he is now committed to being processed yet again by them

4 minutes ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

Are you able to fly to Laos, VTE and get a single entry tourist visa, then return to Thailand through the Nong Khai border?

Would this be possible?

The OP should ask them this, around 18 months a friend of mine was denied on a VE, he flew to Vientiene got a Tourist Visa and flew back and had no issues upon entry

24 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

HUH: as an American i can fully own my company,  Be the director as well and dont need any thai's as shareholders either..

and there are other ways as well, if ur not American

obtain a foreign business license
or open a BOI company

That is right. I know a lot of foreigners here who own big businesses and have majority shares in them, all BOI Companies. Maybe he is talking about a small minimart or bar type of business.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Can anyone tell me where it was posted the OP has a business here?

Having read through again I see someone mentioned something about a family losing it's income but a few have jumped on this and assumed.

The OP has never mentioned being married and having a family or a business.

Give it a break.

Nobody said that.

It was just an off topic post by phuketrichard and you replied to it