Video: Watch out for loony Thai drivers "asleep" coming the wrong way towards you this Songkran!

rooster59

Video: Watch out for loony Thai drivers "asleep" coming the wrong way towards you this Songkran!

vid.JPG

Image: Daily News

A dash cam video from a poster in Phijit showed a black car coming the wrong way down a one way dual carriageway on Friday.

The white car in front consequently loses control and is driven off the roadway.

Daily News said that the poster of the clip and many people commenting online thought the driver of the black car was asleep of the wheel.

The news media doubted this suggesting they were just going the wrong way down the road through ignorance or some other reason.

If they had been asleep at the wheel on the correct side they would have woken up by now. 

They called for the Muang Phijit police to arrest the driver responsible.

The 20 second clip was posted on Facebook by "Paveenuch Mymint Charoen".

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-14
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The news media doubted this suggesting they were just going the wrong way down the road through ignorance

Ignorance is the keyword here....

Also known as stupidity and/or 'me-me-me-attitude....:coffee1:

No wonder so many are killed on the roads here......the number of idiots behind the wheel is scary...!!

• Like 2

Looks to me as though this is just some idiot who's driving down the road thinking, "what on earth is this idiot doing coming at me in my lane?" !!!...  apparently, without even the faintest idea that they themselves are driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway.... 

Easily done, for the unobservant and stupid....

I hope the people in the White car were ok... Again its disappointing to see no one stop (the cam-car was clearly continuing on their journey without sparing a thought for those who crashed).

• Like 1

It seems to me the driver of the white car was also "asleep" or distracted as he/she did not change lanes to avoid the wrong-way black car and then seemed to lose it after the black car had passed. Was he/she startled out of a phone call or sending an SMS or something else? Dash-cam car did change lanes before passing the black car but failed to stop for the accident.

Black car was on road's shoulder so it was unlikely he/she was asleep. I think "looney" was a better description of the black car's driver. It looks to me like there was actually more than one "looney" on the road, which would not be a surprise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Driver is not asleep. total BS.

Watching the video again and again.

It's so damn blurry but it really looks like the black "ghost rider" flew over the ditch just before the event. It suddenly seems to pop in from the right side (ditch).

Driver woke up then :blink:

Further in the video you see a cloud of dust/dirt on the right side which can not be caused by the white car.

Flying cars are also custom practice in Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

It seems to me the driver of the white car was also "asleep" or distracted as he/she did not change lanes to avoid the wrong-way black car and then seemed to lose it after the black car had passed.

For me just another indication that this black car did not drive steadily on the wrong side but suddenly jumped over.

Little time for a proper reaction. In shock, full break and turn the wheel.

Off you go.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They called for the Muang Phijit police to arrest the driver responsible.

Haha. Good luck if this washed out blurry video is the only evidence. I would not even recognize the type of car.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On Thursday evening, at about 7pm (It was already dark), on my usual way home, I stopped behind a car waiting to turn left onto a dual-carriageway.  Out of nowhere, from behind, came a pickup with 4 guys in the back, overtook me and the car in-front, turned right against the traffic and travelled down the inside lane like a bat-out-of-hell.  The driver must have had a shit-load of amulets round his neck because he disappeared into the distance like a rat up a drainpipe.

I expected a few more pissed-up drivers on the road during Songkran, but this guy's taking the piss!

Roll-on post Songkran; there's only a pissed-up driver every 2 kms, then!

I have seen this happen in broad daylight. Dual carriageway so rather than go to the next U-turn it's down into the soil middle, switch on the hazard indicators drive a few meters the wrong way then turn right. Apart from installing a one meter tall wall down the middle of dual carriageways there is nothing and no one to stop this.

Yeap. Dash cam car should have stopped and offered assistance. And hindsight is 20/20 but maybe the white car should have just stopped when it saw “loony” coming the wrong way. 

On 4/14/2018 at 11:19 AM, keith101 said:

Idiots driving on the wrong side of the road is nothing new here they are just to lazy to go the right way to get to the U Turn and come back , more incorrect driver training/learning from watching Parents .

Yep, nothing will ever change. Laziness = Thainess.

Now brought to you in Traditional Songkran Costume :coffee1: