A suspected Russian robber arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport

rooster59

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

How do you know his lifestyle is ''funded by robbery''? And how do you know ''she's guilty as hell''? I'm not sticking up for this piece of vermin but there is , as of yet, no reason to believe his wife knew anything about it. Smacks of vile Russophobia to me.

Because they are Russian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Denial until the end, next he’ll be saying he found the bag and spreading other fake stories and spread fake news just like their government. Russian society is filled with criminal elements commencing with their their president putin and ending on the lowest of citizens. Their motto is simple: follow the leader, if he can rip off the state and so can we. Worked and lived there and there is not a single citizen that has not broken the law; and not  talking about trafic or tax evasions. Unbelievable society! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

Because they are Russian

Sticking up for this vermin is exactly what you are doing. If he could afford his life style why is he out robbing and attempting to murder a 90lb Thai girl while his skank wife is packing up preparing to make a run for the border. Just so happens Russians often are involved in such cases. It was reported this wife of his had been seen scoping out Xchange outlets around Jomtien.

On 15/04/2018 at 8:42 AM, lemonjelly said:

I wonder what a background check on his criminal record might unearth, and would it not be a good idea to make it mandatory for people applying for extensions of stay/ non-tourist visas to have to provide these?

"would it not be a good idea to make it mandatory for people applying for extensions of stay/ non-tourist visas to have to provide these?" Thoroughly disagree with this. Why should the rest of us, mostly normal, honest, law-abiding expats, have to jump through yet more hoops and provide more paperwork just to prove we aren't scum bags? 

It's folk like him that gives the rest of us a bad name. 

Edited by djayz

1 hour ago, JAZZDOG said:

Sticking up for this vermin is exactly what you are doing. If he could afford his life style why is he out robbing and attempting to murder a 90lb Thai girl while his skank wife is packing up preparing to make a run for the border. Just so happens Russians often are involved in such cases. Just so happens Russians often are involved in such cases

''Just so happens Russians often are involved in such cases''

Give a link to even one ''such case''.

'' It was reported this wife of his had been seen scoping out Xchange outlets around Jomtien''

Nope, not reported, just rumoured by the Russophobes on this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smew said:

Denial until the end, next he’ll be saying he found the bag and spreading other fake stories and spread fake news just like their government. Russian society is filled with criminal elements commencing with their their president putin and ending on the lowest of citizens. Their motto is simple: follow the leader, if he can rip off the state and so can we. Worked and lived there and there is not a single citizen that has not broken the law; and not  talking about trafic or tax evasions. Unbelievable society! 

''there is not a single citizen that has not broken the law''

What a ludicrous statement, you need help.

33 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

'' It was reported this wife of his had been seen scoping out Xchange outlets around Jomtien''

Are you auditioning to be his attorney? Next you will be questioning the validity of the video? The Russians are involved with scams from Putin on down. If they are not invading countries and annexing they are hacking the internet. I don't care for the way they behave nor would I ever consider living in their society. If you want to bend over for Vlad knock yourself out but trying to make excuses for this scum and his wife sickens me. Go back and watch the video a few times and imagine if that was your family member.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Are you auditioning to be his attorney? Next you will be questioning the validity of the video? The Russians are involved with scams from Putin on down. If they are not invading countries and annexing they are hacking the internet. I don't care for the way they behave nor would I ever consider living in their society. If you want to bend over for Vlad knock yourself out but trying to make excuses for this scum and his wife sickens me. Go back and watch the video a few times and imagine if that was your family member.

Show me one post where I have made an excuse for this monster.

6 minutes ago, Xaos said:

I talked to staff and police, and I know them personally.

Wife was seen days before comming to this exchanges, CC got few around Ambasador and Pattaya, she was playing with leaflets thats are outside, one of the staff recognized her, so it looks like they planned it.

They might search cctv images to spot her.

She dropped him to airport, she didnt notice anything when he get out early in morning came back with a bag full of money, mind it was a lot of small nominals, so its not like u can stick it to ur pockets.

Then rush in a massive hurry, before washing bike gloves he hit her with, dumping other bag, and clothes.

It was only him flying, she was about to drive back to pattaya, and apparentely she was going to join him in russia later.

So far theres strong proofs.

Bike from cctv was in his name and parked at house in thier name.

Tatoo

DNA being tested as he not accept guilt, and b cuz of that cops keeps moneys and exchange owners cant work there loosing profits, so thats issue too, they keep money and exchange is sealed off.

It would be quicker if he would accept guilt.

Personally I dont see him getin out anytime soon, small chance for bail too. Even if granted it have to be higher then money he stole so lets say 1 million, and he is skint.

Was really dumb thing to do, theres cctv all over exchange booths, he thought if he do it really quick he will get away with it, he rob her in under 1 min, drove home, propabelly spend there 15min, and jump car to airport, when he was half way to bkk they got reg plate from cctv, from that they went to house he rented found bike, informed immigration, tracked his mob. He was arrested at the gate waiting to board, must be surprised and shocked they got him so quick.

Then he said its his savings.

I am surprised b cuz in pattaya he sav all evidence laid out on press conferrence, there were big banners and screens with zoomed tatoo, bike photos car and bike parked, pretty much u cant deny that whats three, but he choose to deny and refuse to talk at all. So they put him back in cell. And charged him and will send evidence to court including dna and fingerprints on top of what they got.

We can speculate what he will get for it.

I hope min. 2 years, and hopefully 5, teach him a lesson.

What about the wife? Has she been arrested, jailed?

4 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

What about the wife? Has she been arrested, jailed?

no, but she needs to stay around, she was released, but they looking to charge her

Edited by Xaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/04/2018 at 6:12 AM, KKr said:

days of lawlessness or places of lawlessness ??

in any case good idea,
money shop maximum cash 1.000 Baht,
mom and pop shop 100 Baht,
7-11 500 Baht.
Or better still: let's prevent crime and all stay in bed.
then again, as I mentioned before, that is where most people die.

whatever,
considering the disproportionate use of force by the robber, if I were a prosecutor, I would go for attempted manslaughter.

Dont think thete is such a thing as "attempted manslaughter"

Manslaughter is if you kill somebody but without the intent to kill 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Davmaac said:

Dont think thete is such a thing as "attempted manslaughter"

Manslaughter is if you kill somebody but without the intent to kill 

I'm not sure it exists in Thailand but it's possible attempted manslaughter could exist under common law if a specific statute creates it.

In the US it is called Attempted Voluntary Manslaughter, John Gotti's 1975 conviction for the offense is a high profile example.

An attempted killing that would otherwise be attempted murder is reduced to attempted voluntary manslaughter if the defendant attempted to kill someone because of a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/500/603.html

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

I'm not sure it exists in Thailand but it's possible attempted manslaughter could exist under common law if a specific statute creates it.

In the US it is called Attempted Voluntary Manslaughter, John Gotti's 1975 conviction for the offense is a high profile example.

An attempted killing that would otherwise be attempted murder is reduced to attempted voluntary manslaughter if the defendant attempted to kill someone because of a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/500/603.html

it looks like an unprovoked attempt, so would qualify as murder rather than manslaughter.
good post, thank you, glad you corrected me on this.

21 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Sticking up for this vermin is exactly what you are doing. If he could afford his life style why is he out robbing and attempting to murder a 90lb Thai girl while his skank wife is packing up preparing to make a run for the border. Just so happens Russians often are involved in such cases. It was reported this wife of his had been seen scoping out Xchange outlets around Jomtien.

i think you got the wrong poster dude, the last thing I would do is stick up for a Russian, they are criminals, from a criminal country that is run by a criminal..

21 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Only took a few hours and yet another fine Russian family. Same day homeboy. Entire criminal family involved. They just haven't advanced to the savagery yet.

2 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Only took a few hours and yet another fine Russian family. Same day homeboy. Entire criminal family involved. They just haven't advanced to the savagery yet.

And an Englishman beats his Thai wife to death, and a few weeks ago an American stomps an Aussie to death, there's good and bad in every nation and tarring a whole nation with the same brush is sadly pathetic. p.s. what on earth is a ''homeboy''?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

And an Englishman beats his Thai wife to death, and a few weeks ago an American stomps an Aussie to death, there's good and bad in every nation and tarring a whole nation with the same brush is sadly pathetic. p.s. what on earth is a ''homeboy''?

''Just so happens Russians often are involved in such cases'' Give a link to even one ''such case''.

You ask for a link and it just took a couple hours for yet another article to appear highlighting a fine Russian family behaving badly. So now you pivot to "but how about the Brits and Aussies". Fact is I wish there is a way to screen all these lowlife from entering the country instead of turning Thailand into the "Land of the Wanted and Unwanted".