380 drink drivers vow not to drink drive again before being taken to court

webfact

Religion, its so funny breaking a vow and dying in 3 days.. or believing someone can walk on water and come back from the dead. 

I was going to comment on how stupid this was but then I read the last sentence that they are still going to court. So no problem, there might even be a few who actually believe this and if it helps to i am ok with it. 

"Then all of them were each given a cup of “sacred” water from a bowl bathed with a knife, a spear and bullets and were made to take a vow that they would never ride a bike or drive a car after they drank alcohol or they would die in three days if they break the vow'

555 you couldn't make this shit up, i mean seriously you gotta love Thailand.

When i was caught drink driving in the UK when i was 18 i think, it was a 2 year automatic ban. nowadays i think they lose the icence for good and have to retake the test or something. anyway, to get a 6 month reduction you could go on a drink drive awareness course that you had to pay for. the course itself seemed to be designed in the US i think and a few things changed around to be more UK focussed. How hard can it be for the Thai government to buy in these western resources and apply them here. it wouldn't cost them anything as the perps would eventually cover the cost. in fact the government could make money out of it.  truth is hardly any one here really gives a shit

• Like 2

It doesn't seem to occur to all the all-knowing commentators above that, in the Thai cultural context, ceremonies such as this MAY have some positive effect on some of those present. A little bit is better than nothing, and can be built on.

Which mythical school did you guys go to where 100% of the pupils learned 100% of the lessons?

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

as the perps would eventually cover the cost

They have already spent all their 'hard earned cash' on Sang Som. Cannot afford insurance or repair the vehicle. So will they pay for schooling. Naaah.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

They have already spent all their 'hard earned cash' on Sang Som. Cannot afford insurance or repair the vehicle. So will they pay for schooling. Naaah.

in which case they should be banned and if caught driving without a license then jailed. anyway, back to the real world 555

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

Religion, its so funny breaking a vow and dying in 3 days.. or believing someone can walk on water and come back from the dead. 

I was going to comment on how stupid this was but then I read the last sentence that they are still going to court. So no problem, there might even be a few who actually believe this and if it helps to i am ok with it. 

I'm not disagreeing, Rob, but bear in mind 'He has since made efforts to turn his life around and found Christ' doesn't do your case any harm when you are in front of the beak...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baboon said:

I'm not disagreeing, Rob, but bear in mind 'He has since made efforts to turn his life around and found Christ' doesn't do your case any harm when you are in front of the beak...

Unless the 'beak' is a Muslim or Buddhist or something else as stupid.

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

Had to look that one up, in front of the beak.. yea that is my only worry that they get a discount on their punishment. That would be of course something i strongly oppose.