Comey's tell-all book piques readers' interest, stoked by Trump's fury

webfact

On 4/18/2018 at 8:10 AM, quandow said:

When you reach a government level as did Comey, it should be PERMANENTLY INGRAINED that you keep your mouth shut. I saw the 20/20 interview, will NOT read the book, but I imagine between the book and the interview there will be some breach of security information. I've read the Trump people are coming after Comey, and as much as there is NO ONE who can't stand Trump more than I, an example should be made here.

Not exactly true.   Comey was a high profile firing and done publicly, that calls for a public response.   It was in the news cycle.   If the President wanted him out, he could have asked for his resignation, quietly.   

As far as classified information, the book was reviewed by the FBI prior to publication.   

• Like 1

There is a very simple reason why Comey hasn't been prosecuted,,,he didn't leak classified documents!

Fox News is very clever how they pump out the red meat. Their 'journalists' know very well that regardless of rabid tweet storm, you can't be prosecuted for leaking personal contemporaneous notes.

These were notes Comey made himself on meetings he held with POTUS, not official documents. Nothing was held by Govt officials until he handed them over to Mueller

Now, you can argue about the morality of that. Embarrassing yes, but criminal no.

So foam at the mouth as you might, there is a reason the Justice Dept didn't do anything, because they had no grounds to

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Jim "I am not a leaker" Comey leaks classified documents to a mate who then gives them to the newspapers. You could not make that up and hope he is in Court soon. 

It's not a leak when the person 'leaking' takes full and complete credit for passing on the information.   It's also not a 'leak' if the person has the right to pass on the information.   Just as it's not a 'leak' when the President gives classified information to the Russians.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Credo said:

It's not a leak when the person 'leaking' takes full and complete credit for passing on the information.   It's also not a 'leak' if the person has the right to pass on the information.   Just as it's not a 'leak' when the President gives classified information to the Russians.   

In the current era where parties "create narratives" rather than dispense truth using the insatiable media is the method of choice to "get out in front of" the narratives that some other party is creating in their media outlet of choice. It all blows over in a few weeks as new parties and new narratives capture the public's fleeting attention.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Credo said:

Jim "I never leak" Comey admits he leaked to his mate so I guess you don't agree with him. It was 'Classified' and written and sent on a government computer. When anyone joins the FBI they sign a contract which includes that ALL stuff undertaken in that role belongs to the government and cannot be used after leaving. Not sure what classified info Trump passed on, any links?

Taking notes of private meetings, leaking to his mate?  you think this is the behaviour of an FBI Director? BTW holding this view does not make me a Trump supporter. I was for Bernie. Thank you.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

When anyone joins the FBI they sign a contract which includes that ALL stuff undertaken in that role belongs to the government and cannot be used after leaving.

Where did you pick up this little bit of fiction ?

Sounds like a NDA which has been proven to be illegal to require government employees to sign.  Government employees are restricted by the US Code, which details what they can and cannot do

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Where did you pick up this little bit of fiction ?

Sounds like a NDA which has been proven to be illegal to require government employees to sign.  Government employees are restricted by the US Code, which details what they can and cannot do

Yes an NDA is part of any agents contract that any part of their role at the FBI is owned by the government including documents, reports etc. But apart from that Jim 'I never leak' Comey sent emails of private meetings, some classified, to a mate who would subsequently leak them to the press.  Bravo!  a  man of true ethics...not.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Jim "I never leak" Comey admits he leaked to his mate so I guess you don't agree with him. It was 'Classified' and written and sent on a government computer. When anyone joins the FBI they sign a contract which includes that ALL stuff undertaken in that role belongs to the government and cannot be used after leaving. Not sure what classified info Trump passed on, any links?

Taking notes of private meetings, leaking to his mate?  you think this is the behaviour of an FBI Director? BTW holding this view does not make me a Trump supporter. I was for Bernie. Thank you.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/u-s-intel-warned-israelis-against-sharing-info-with-trump-admin-1.5485182

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/israel-hacked-isis-computers-trump-leaked-it-to-russians-1.5483273

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2018 at 10:13 AM, stevenl said:

Why don't you just answer the question: " What makes you trust Putin more than US intelligence agencies, regarding US National Security issues ?  " in stead of avoiding it.

Because the whole story is silly, If the story was like lobbies like media, financial institutions and military complex helped Trump to win! then I would believe it.   But 13 God damn Russians playing internet games no way Mr.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Different said:

Because the whole story is silly, If the story was like lobbies like media, financial institutions and military complex helped Trump to win! then I would believe it.   But 13 God damn Russians playing internet games no way Mr.

So you think that is all there is to it, 13 Russians playing on the internet.

But thanks for your answer, but imo somebody who trusts Putin doesn't have any credibility.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Different said:

"Russia’s information war helped elect a US president who’s sympathetic to Russia, and now Trump’s ascendancy has turned his supporters into Putin supporters.It’s a classic page from the Cold War playbook, says Watts, adding that Putin has brought new meaning to the Soviet-Era doctrine of using “the force of politics” rather than “the politics of force.”

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/putin_russia_propaganda_trump.php

• Thanks 2