Is this the worst ‘farang breakfast’ in all of Thailand?

webfact

17 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

In uk we say "sunny side up" which also doesn't exist in Thai cuisine.  The OP pic is how the Thais like it, heavily fried both sides.

Not in my part of the UK, the one with the Championship winning team. We just ask for fried eggs with our chips and beanz.

.you haven't seen the breakfast at the Ban Chiang Hotel in Udonthani, they offer a choice of different breakfasts, but all you get is self serve with cold fried eggs of a cold tray, absolutely disgusting.

Next bad one is from the Mona Chiang Mai Boutique also one cold fried egg with two slices of frozen bread, no butter whatsoever. Yuk. 

Edited by weri

10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Not in my part of the UK, the one with the Championship winning team. We just ask for fried eggs with our chips and beanz.

I take it that is Leicester, was fried eggs, chips and beanz the teams staple diet? Could do worse.

Edited by Tilacme

3 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

I take it that is Leicester, was fried eggs, chips and beanz the teams staple diet? Could do worse.

Sorry mate, PREMIERSHIP/LEAGUE CUP WINNING TEAM. And it should be a 1 - 2 for Manchester if the Reds can do it right. With some Bury Black Pudding as well.

Edited by wgdanson

7 minutes ago, weri said:

.you haven't seen the breakfast at the Ban Chiang Hotel in Udonthani, they offer a choice of different breakfasts, but all you get is self serve with cold fried eggs of a cold tray, absolutely disgusting.

Next bad one is from the Mona Chiang Mai Boutique also one cold fried egg with two slices of frozen bread, no butter whatsoever. Yuk. 

And cold baked beans out of the can....bored.gif.0bff2362cd2f34db87ab0a94bfb6cbd1.gif

A little Vegemite and good to go....... tried vegemite before and like it. 

If you ordered it ,eat it and if you didn’t like it a lesson learned 

Vegemite is a thick, black Australian food spread made from leftover brewers' yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

A little Vegemite and good to go....... tried vegemite before and like it. 

If you ordered it ,eat it and if you didn’t like it a lesson learned 

Vegemite is a thick, black Australian food spread made from leftover brewers' yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives

vegemite is <deleted> :post-4641-1156693976:, years ago you couldn't get marmite here and had to settle for that poor excuse for a marmite wannabe. thankfully times have changed and marmite is readily available :smile:

7 hours ago, Antonymous said:

The poster of this story asked for vegetables and got them. What was there to complain about except the eggs? The Thai restaurant did a good job and probably added the toast and eggs because that is what they had seen practically all 'farang' breakfasts include and were trying to be helpful.

I would have been very happy with that breakfast, minus the toast and eggs. It is close to what I chose from the breakfast buffet each morning at a hotel I was staying in recently. While I was happily eating good nutritious boiled veggies, other guests (mostly foreign and sickly looking) were stuffing themselves on cancerous fried bacon, fried eggs, sausages probably made from animal waste and chemicals, burnt bread, butter and dollops of toxic sugar by way of jams. Yech!

I think you should read about how healthy thai vegy is, most of it won't pass the western quality norms because of chemical residue's from spraying.

10 hours ago, selftaopath said:

I agree; I wonder what they charged him? Maybe Bt 50 ? So if that - or a similar charge - I'd say he made out pretty well. This "ain't" UK/USA.  

I would love to find a U.S. style smorgesbourg in Khonkaen however..... miss that and breakfast smorgasbord was fantastic.

Once I asked a street vendor if she could cook me two poached eggs. My wife explained it to her and asked if she would put them on rice, b/c of course she didn't have bread. It was great.

Plenty of big flash hotels in K.K. that probably do smorgasbord breckies.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, puyaidon said:

As a American I prefer a breakfast of over easy eggs, bacon, and toast.  When I do order breakfast, the eggs look like the picture in this forum and I could use them as hockey pucks instead of over easy.  I don't know why but over easy does not compute with the local cooks.  Actually the only time I can get a decent breakfast is make it myself.  Just an observation.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor over easy eggs

Are these over easy eggs?? I don't know that term... This how many thai restaurants (like black canyon) serve them and what i won't eat....so i always tell them i need well done eggs which they do.

On 18/04/2018 at 4:47 PM, colinneil said:

Well mate if you have seen much worse, you must frequent some very dodgy eateries.:cheesy:

Have seen worse in K.K and:  Yes I have frequented some shall we say budget hotels if not stand-alone eateries........  But anyone who has been here as long as you & me has seen a few dodgy meals.  It didn't have chickens' feet, knees or bums in it; nor pigs' bowel, trotters or shrimp paste, so that would have been a plus-starter for me 

Edited by The Deerhunter

13 minutes ago, Thian said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor over easy eggs

Are these over easy eggs?? I don't know that term... This how many thai restaurants (like black canyon) serve them and what i won't eat....so i always tell them i need well done eggs which they do.

No these are on their way to being sunny side up. Flip 'em over for over easy.

• Like 2