Pheu Thai members attend events

webfact

Pheu Thai members attend events

By The Nation

b8365e20e7d75780616cf94d4f7744f3.jpeg

Pheu Thai Party members on Wednesday attended two “cheerful” gatherings amid increasing political heat as the ruling junta persuaded politicians from various camps to work with it.

Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan opened her house in Bangkok’s Ladplakao district to receive well-wishers from over 20 Pheu Thai politicians and residents to mark the end of Songkran.

“Please succeed in whatever you do, be loved by people and be popular,” Sudarat said to the ex-MPs during the wishing. “I wish you become MPs and even ministers after the next election.”

Former minister Watana Muangsook, who also visited Sudarat’s house, vowed that the party would not join hands with the junta and supporting parties despite recent cooperation with the Palang Chon party.

The party’s leader Sontaya Kunplome and his brother Ittthiphol were appointed to advise the prime minister and a minister on Tuesday. Democrat ex-MP Sakoltee Phattiyakul was also appointed as deputy Bangkok governor last week.

“There would be no effect to the Pheu Thai Party as we have different bases from Palang Chon,” Watana said “But if we win the election but cannot form the government because pro-junta parties do not support us, we’ll be ready to be the opposition.”

In Nakhon Pathom, meanwhile, ex-PM Somchai Wongsawat, the party’s secretary-general Phumtham Wecheyachai and former minister Varathep Ratanakorn led around a dozen Pheu Thai politicians to a gold course owned by the Sasomsab political clan.

“We didn’t know about their arrival in advance. We just knew that some VIP guests would come,” Anucha Sasomsub told reporters “Our golf course is so fine, everyone wants to have a swing here.”

Somchai, unlike Watana, refused to make political comments. “I’m just the party’s ex-member who just requested to reaffirm my membership. It doesn’t mean that I’ll have to be politically active afterward.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343448

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-19

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“But if we win the election but cannot form the government because pro-junta parties do not support us, we’ll be ready to be the opposition.”

How refreshing, debate and scrutiny.  Less running off at the mouth. 

Somchai, unlike Watana, refused to make political comments. “I’m just the party’s ex-member who just requested to reaffirm my membership. It doesn’t mean that I’ll have to be politically active afterward.”

so <deleted> is the bloody point of being a member then if you’re not saying anything not doing nothing - my grandma can do that (RIP) you’re about as useful as a chocolate fireguard 

Edited by phil2407
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phil2407 said:

so <deleted> is the bloody point of being a member then if you’re not saying anything not doing nothing - my grandma can do that (RIP) you’re about as useful as a chocolate fireguard 

In other words, my wife (the paymasters' elder sister) told me to shut up!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 10:33 AM, webfact said:

Varathep Ratanakorn led around a dozen Pheu Thai politicians to a gold course owned by the Sasomsab political clan.

Interesting typo.

Come to think of it I never saw any pictures of Prayut swinging any clubs on his visit to the same place last year.

In Nakhon Pathom, meanwhile, ex-PM Somchai Wongsawat, the party’s secretary-general Phumtham Wecheyachai and former minister Varathep Ratanakorn led around a dozen Pheu Thai politicians to a gold course owned by the Sasomsab political clan. 

What's a gold course? The Nation is such a rag. Hard to believe it's a National newspaper. This, coupled with its dross surveys is a joke....

What's a gold course? The Nation is such a rag. Hard to believe it's a National newspaper. This, coupled with its dross surveys is a joke....