What do I need for 'marriage' or 'family visa'?

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Is that the only page, or is there a 1st/2nd page to that form.

It's the first time I've seen such and never been asked to sign it.

There is only one page.

I have signed that form or a earlier version of it about 10 times. For the last 2 or 3 years they copied the overstay rule acknowledgement form on the back of it at the office here.

I believe marriage visas are only considered in Bangkok as you can imagine the local offices aren't into that at all. Good luck. Especially as the slight anti corruption vibe effect created by the new military government seems to be waning, as their time ( might) be up !

Edited by spacebass

Will have to extend my marriage extension soon to.

My current extension expires on June 12th.

I am a bit worried of the timing of my application as i have to take a trip abroad from June 16th to probably July 1st or 2nd.

I understand that the expiry of my permission will be June 12th 2019, but how is the day im supposed to reach back to Immigration calculated? 30 days from the date of my application?

Would it make sense to appply around the 6th or 7th of June in my case so the date will be after my return?

PS: i will apply in Jomtien and im aware about the need to have a rear entry permit.

28 minutes ago, spacebass said:

I believe marriage visas are only considered in Bangkok as you can imagine the local offices aren't into that at all.

Only the applications done in the central region are approved by division 3 in Bangkok.

The northeast is approved by division 4 in Korat, the north by division 5 in Chiang Mai and the south by division 6 in Hat Yai.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Will have to extend my marriage extension soon to.

My current extension expires on June 12th.

I am a bit worried of the timing of my application as i have to take a trip abroad from June 16th to probably July 1st or 2nd.

I understand that the expiry of my permission will be June 12th 2019, but how is the day im supposed to reach back to Immigration calculated? 30 days from the date of my application?

Would it make sense to appply around the 6th or 7th of June in my case so the date will be after my return?

PS: i will apply in Jomtien and im aware about the need to have a rear entry permit.

You could apply now since you are within 30 days of the date your extension ends. Jomtien starts the 30 days from the date you apply for the extension.

If needed you can get a re-entry permit that would be valid until the 30 day report back date on the under consideration stamp.

UbonJoe: I need a few more days to get all papers needed. If I were to apply on lets say May 17th, would i get the day for revisit the office on June 16th, which is my departure day for Cambodia. Or would Jomtien stamp me for July 10th or 11th? That’s the thing im not certain. I believe my visit to Immigration to receive the One Year stamp better is after my return from Phnom Penh (July 1st or 2nd, maybe 3rd, I haven’t booked the flight yet as the date will have to be determined by my client there).

1 minute ago, Rastaputin said:

UbonJoe: I need a few more days to get all papers needed. If I were to apply on lets say May 17th, would i get the day for revisit the office on June 16th, which is my departure day for Cambodia.

Including the the 17th in the count your report back date would be June 15th. But that does mean your application would be approved by that date. It is not uncommon for it to be completed later.

It might be best to wait until the 5th or 6th of June (or later) and then get a re-entry permit for the 30 days. That way you would certainly be back by the report back date.