What do I need for 'marriage' or 'family visa'?

I am married to a Thai and we have a kid.  We married in Bangkok but live down south now. Currently, I am on a 'retirement' visa but I don't want that anymore for various reasons, including business. My current extension lapses on Jun 3.

I'm using popular terms simply because most people do.

I already have a non-imm 'o' which is the vehicle for my current extension of stay.

Can some kind soul point to a link or tell me what paperwork I will need for either the marriage or family extension?

Extension of stay based on having a Thai Wife.

A rough guide.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Does anybody know if I can get this from my local office?

It can be requested at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. Easier for your wife to get it since all she would need is her ID card and a completed form requesting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

Extension of stay based on having a Thai Wife.

A rough guide.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Just to add to this, 2 copies with original photos of TM7 form application for extension. Also copies of TM6 Arrival/Departure Card, divorce certificate if your wife has been married before.

If applying at Chiang Mai Immigration will also need:

1. Sor Tor Mor Song, 2 copies, Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Visa Extension; 

2. Acknowledgement of penalties for visa overstay 2 copies.

3. TM7 for Chiang Mai is different from website and other offices, this and other forms available from Chiang Mai Immigration, or you will have to rewrite them when you arrive.

4.Last but not least, map to your house, written on their form, not plain paper, mad.

This is all based on my application two weeks ago.

The other thing is that at Chiang Mai they stamp all the copies with a rubber stamp and want you to sign in the box with blue ink (not black), so don't bother signing copies before you go.

Edited by Classic Ray
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Oh well that is very good to know. Not keen on having too much money in a thai bank account. 

Are there any other advantages/ disadvantages.

Apologies if I am imposing

You can bring lots of money into this paradise but can't take it out. Even though it's yours lol. Tells all you need to know about them yes.

6 minutes ago, Media1 said:

ok how much can you take back to Australia on departure from the Thai airport ? Quick tell me

The travelers bringing foreign currency more than USD 20,000 or its equivalent into or out of Thailand are required to make a report to Customs. This report is required by the Ministerial Regulation (No. 25) B.E. 2530 issued under the Authority of the Currency Exchange Control Act B.E. 2485 and relevant regulations.

Source: http://en.customs.go.th/content.php?ini_content=departing_from_thailand&lang=en&left_menu=menu_departing_from_thailand

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

ok how much can you take back to Australia on departure from the Thai airport ? Quick tell me

Those with sense do not attempt to export cash exceeding that permitted by customs. Money can, however, subject to international money laundering restrictions, be transferred using the banking system.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Swimman said:

Those with sense do not attempt to export cash exceeding that permitted by customs. Money can, however, subject to international money laundering restrictions, be transferred using the banking system.

lol a mere 50000 Thai baht to your home country. A joke a rort. You can not transfer money from Thai banks. Your a funny man. 

15 minutes ago, Media1 said:

They will let bring and keep bringing but to get it out you have to go via Vietnam. There's no other way. This country plays a one-way system. 

Where does it say on the web web page that it has to go out via Vietnam.

You can take up to 20k USD out without declaring it or any amount by declaring it.

• Like 2