What foods / drinks do you feel you're "addicted" to?

Jingthing

Emotionally, physically, or both.

Foods / drinks that if you don't have on a daily basis (or at least frequently) you feel deprived / sad about it.

Foods / drinks that you go out the way to make sure you have some in stock.

Foods / drinks you might feel anxious about the possibility of running out of stock.

Obviously, we're all "addicted" to have some foods and drinks in a general way to stay alive.

But this is about specific foods.

Maybe you don't feel "addicted" to any foods / drinks.

But if so, list them here.

1 - beer heineken or tiger. almost same just tiger is cheaper and made by same company. daily.

2 - corn. 1 cob as an appy. daily.

3 - canned fruit. I know its weird cause so many good fresh fruits here, but it might be cause of sugar. first thing in the am, half can of either mixed or peaches, then move on to the fresh stuff, daily.

4 - salmon either fillets steaks or sushi, but i will need a salmon fix at least twice a month

PS - have you tried Gumbo House, cajun restaurant in jomtien between soi 17 and 18.?

A couple of years ago I would have said that I am addicted to Coca-Cola (I didn't want to write Coke). I was drinking it all the time pure or with whiskey.

But then, a few years ago, I was diagnosed with diabetes. The first thing I did was I stopped drinking Coke. And to my surprise I never missed it. Not the next day, not the next week, never. A couple of months later I sipped on a glass of coke to confirm if I miss something. It was so sweet that I asked myself why I ever liked it...

Apart from that I am not sure if at least 8 shots of espresso per day is counted as an addiction. I just like it and luckily I drink it since forever without sugar, just black and strong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Cheese, cheese, cheese and probably cheese.

Oh and cocoa, first thing in the morning, 100% cocoa only, just add milk, no negative effects on the body of any kind and delicious..

I'm big on (hot) cocoa too. I have it daily but add hot water, some cinnamon and a tiny bit of honey. I recently read it's not nearly as health promoting as the industry sales pitches,  but it tastes good and gives a nice caffeine kick too!

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm big on (hot) cocoa too. I have it daily but add hot water, some cinnamon and a tiny bit of honey. I recently read it's not nearly as health promoting as the industry sales pitches,  but it tastes good and gives a nice caffeine kick too!

If you haven't already done so, try a bag of Tulip brand cocoa powder, it's 100% cocoa powder with nothing added and can be found in the bakery goods section of supermarkets, the product is intended for baking but using it for drinking purposes means all the usual additive rubbish is not present. the web says this about 100% pure cocoa:

"Theobromine is a chemical relative of caffeine but is not a nervous system stimulant. Theobromine dilates the cardiovascular system making the heart's job easier. This is one of the major reasons why cacao is an important part of a heart healthy diet. Contrary to popular opinion, cacao is a poor source of caffeine".

To add: I drink cocoa because it is low in caffeine, I had to give up tea and coffee hence it's a good substitute.

Edited by simoh1490

Tea ( Tetley’s or Yorkshire , any English breakfast tea except Lipton’s of course )

Cheese ( preferably English , but also yearn for Gorgonzola and Brie occasionally )

Banana ( 1 a day medium size)

Oranges ( 3 or 4 small oranges a day)

Bovril ( on toast for breakfast 2 or 3 times a week)

Chocolate ( Cadbury’s , IMHO the best )

Oh and because grapefruits ain’t available here ( to my knowledge ) I also eat Pomelo ( som ho)

as often as I can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Tea ( Tetley’s or Yorkshire , any English breakfast tea except Lipton’s of course )

I have to put up with Liptons, usually because of availability / it's cheaper.

I agree it's not ideal - anyone know if Liptons is worse for you health / stomach wise?