What foods / drinks do you feel you're "addicted" to?

Jingthing

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Brazil nuts. 1 oz (6-8 nuts): 544 mcg selenium

544mcg = 0.544 mg in 1 oz

400mg+ daily selenium is overdose.

Eating 60 brazil nuts is only 1% of the maxium amount.

Whoops! Just Googled it and got Dr Axe who seems to be everywhere. He loves the benefits of Brazil nuts (actually a seed) but also warns of eating too many.

1 ounce = 542 mcg = 774% DV

He recommends 1-6 nuts a day depending on your selenium needs.

Dang ! I like what you said better.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Addicted seems like a harsh term. That said, the foods and drinks I enjoy here are;

Various Cheeses from US and other countries

Tortilla chips and Salsa (Salsa I make here)

Green  Pimento stuffed Olives (Readily available)

Pepper Salami ( TGM Available at Makro)

Drink wise.......

Margaritas, Manhattans, Long Island Iced Tea, Vodka-Cran with a splash of Contreau, Mojitos and of course any Single malt Scotch or Rye Bourbon Neat......

I have a WELL stocked liquor cabinet so I can make any cocktail I want or drink neat but I do like my drinks and would not be to excited having to drink crap beer or any Thai Whisky.

I would not say I am "addicted" to any of the above but I enjoy having them available when the craving hits.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

gettin' ready to open a can of pitted black olives...finished a jar of green ones yesterday...

goes good with the liverwurst sarnies...

Good for you.....but pray tell what do you do for pleasure???:smile::unsure:

3 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Good for you.....but pray tell what do you do for pleasure???:smile::unsure:

this is not a forum for discussions of self pleasuring activities...however it is mango season (presently 16baht per kilo at the talat) and my dear wife peeled and sliced a couple fer brekkie this morning and they were orgasmically delicious...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The use of the word addiction is for entertainment purposes only

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Speak for yourself; your addictions may be an entertaining luxury, but for some of us, a dire necessity; as Sir Edmund Hilary said “Because it’s there”

Speak for yourself; your addictions may be an entertaining luxury, but for some of us, a dire necessity; as Sir Edmund Hilary said “Because it’s there”
Just responding to the over literal people hung up on the word. The OP explains the concept well enough.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

(presently 16baht per kilo at the talat)

I paid 35 baht for one this morning! Admittedly it was at a small shop, but still... ****** expensive islands! 

Edited by RickG16

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I paid 35 baht for one this morning! Admittedly it was at a small shop, but still... ****** expensive islands! 

yeah, during the season the price drops dramatically within a couple of weeks...2 weeks ago it was 65 baht per kilo at the same vendor (the wife always goes to the same one who is a pal)...the local trees musta dropped their load within the past few days...

the wife's got a good eye with the fruit; green skinned but with bright yellow flesh and firm but sweet...it doesn't take long fer the ripe sweet ones to turn into mush...and that's what ye usually get when they're 'outta season'...

I always gotta take extra diabetes medication during mango season...it's worse'n bloomin' chocolate...

On 4/22/2018 at 9:15 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yep , just seen Vintage and Tasty in Big C ( Ayutthaya ) for 182 - 189 baht.
It’s very good cheese ( IMHO ), and will probably buy some when my stockpile from the UK is depleted !!

Old Amsterdam is a lovely cheese. Easier to get in supermarkets here than in the UK. But so expensive.

Edited by Gruff

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Jinthing likes Banana's who would have guessed.

No doubt, but the health benefits of bananas are questionable because ripe ones convert into lots of sugar. Overripe ones ever worse. Unripe ones are considerably healthier but obviously not as tasty. 

31 minutes ago, balo said:

Actally the correct "dosage" of brazilnuts should be 3 to 5 nuts daily . More than 10 and some people could react to (side effects).

Could be. I just like the taste and they are quite high calorie. So one a day works for me. 

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No doubt, but the health benefits of bananas are questionable because ripe ones convert into lots of sugar. Overripe ones ever worse. Unripe ones are considerably healthier but obviously not as tasty. 

with the unripe ones ye fry 'em up then pour sugar on 'em...then mash 'em up and put on toast with peanut butter...

On 4/28/2018 at 6:25 PM, Jingthing said:

Doesn’t the starch in unripe bananas digest to sugar pretty quickly anyway? I’m not sure what you get apart from carbohydrates, unless you eat them unpeeled.

Some Cyclists use them as a good short term energy booster (sugar) on longish rides.  

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Doesn’t the starch in unripe bananas digest to sugar pretty quickly anyway? I’m not sure what you get apart from carbohydrates, unless you eat them unpeeled.

Some Cyclists use them as a good short term energy booster (sugar) on longish rides.  

I think not but I'm not going to worry about it because I don't eat the unripe ones often and they do taste rather bad.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/527881-are-green-bananas-better-for-you/

I would be addicted to cheese cake if I could find the same quality here as back in my home land. Better to make them yourself .