3BB is Pathetic

dufusdonald

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

3B has been ok for me. TOT was more or less the headache before.

Same for us. During recent storms which knocked down poles and lines 3 BB's service number kept us up todate and then when it was restored rang us to ask "is your service ok ? " thats in contrast to TOT before saying slow speed was down to too many people using it.

With 3 BB for 4 years now ,no complaints.

problems can happen in all countries  my daughter in Australia had no internet for 4 days,no apology,no credit to account,no escape from contract.

When you look at the wiring on poles here be thankful anything works 

new wires.jpg

• Like 1

As others have say... go of script.. ask for things that are not normally done and it gets messed up. You said you lived here for 15 years you should know that by now. If you just use it normally there never is a problem.

I have used 3bb for 10 years now never a problem. Sure a few times cables disconnected but then they came the next day and fixed it. 

Your attitude reminds me of native English speakers who assume Thais understand everything. I see them often on holliday in restaurants trying to change orders and add stuff.. guess what 9 out of 10 times it goes wrong. That is just how it is here you either get used to it or go crazy. 

Whenever my parents are here and they ask for special things (even if a native Thai speaker helps) it often goes wrong. Even they have learned not to go off script too much and accept it when mistakes are made when going off script. Its just the way it is.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

For me, the quality of the internet is poor; to say it is unstable is being kind.  

All that happened when I upgraded to fiber is that it varied from 50mb/s to .5mb/s, instead of 30mb/s to .5mb/s.

But I may be talking about the internet in Thailand generally, and True and TOT caused me problems too.

For my needs- surfing net/video chats- I'd give 3BB a big thumbs down.  But I understand I am just one person with one opinion.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kevvy said:

so you have lived in all civilized countries of the world. It is guys like you that give the farangs a bad name .Try ringing one of the big phone companies up in Austalia and you would be on the phone for a very very long time and still would be told B/S

Same UK. BB have been excellent including English language and telephone skills...

• Like 1

I have been getting wildly varying international speeds from 3BB.  I was told today that I need to buy an international package.  I also received this from 3BB:-

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In regards to your  problem For your package, we do not guarantee for the international web site.

You may use it, but speed can’t be guaranteed download and upload.And for your problem

My international speed today was varying between 0 and 5mb.  So if you cannot get an international site, their normal  packages are, according to their call centre, only for use in Thailand.

14 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

I have been getting wildly varying international speeds from 3BB.  I was told today that I need to buy an international package.  I also received this from 3BB:-

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In regards to your  problem For your package, we do not guarantee for the international web site.

You may use it, but speed can’t be guaranteed download and upload.And for your problem

My international speed today was varying between 0 and 5mb.  So if you cannot get an international site, their normal  packages are, according to their call centre, only for use in Thailand.

I have a 3BB VDSL link with 30Mb download and 10 Mb upload. I have just run 2 speedtests to Singapore where the TVF server is supposed to be and both results are better than advertised.

I don't think I have an international package (perhaps I do) but what I have costs me 630 thb a month.

ADSL test to Singapore.odt

Ookla speedtest to Singapore.doc

34 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have a 3BB VDSL link with 30Mb download and 10 Mb upload. I have just run 2 speedtests to Singapore where the TVF server is supposed to be and both results are better than advertised.

I don't think I have an international package (perhaps I do) but what I have costs me 630 thb a month.

ADSL test to Singapore.odt

Ookla speedtest to Singapore.doc

Try london

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Download still over 31but upload down to 3.7.

Ookla speedtest to London.doc

Try it a few time over a period. Mine varies between 0 and 20.  As a matter of interest I have just received this from 3BB.

In regards to this issue please be inform that now we canceled international package.

We have sale only normal package and the normal package can use the international website but don’t guarantee for international bandwidth

So despite being told yesterday that I needed to buy an international package, they do not in fact have one.  Depending on who you talk to!

3 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

Try it a few time over a period. Mine varies between 0 and 20.  As a matter of interest I have just received this from 3BB.

In regards to this issue please be inform that now we canceled international package.

We have sale only normal package and the normal package can use the international website but don’t guarantee for international bandwidth

So despite being told yesterday that I needed to buy an international package, they do not in fact have one.  Depending on who you talk to!

I find that it works well enough for me and I can't be bothered to run speed tests many times a day. I don't live on the internet and it either works or it doesn't.

If it doesn't then I simply do something else.

• Like 1

Have used 3BB in North CM for 4 years. Zero complaints. Service offline maybe 3 or 4 times during that time. Excellent English CS helpline. The best I have dealt with in any Thai organisation. Better than most UK providers tbh. I suspend my UK ISP service when I go abroad, and trust me that is a bloody nightmare to deal with. Many billing systems are just not designed to deal with "exception" events.

If this situation has the OP worked up so much, how has he managed to stay sane for 15 years. I don't get it. Most ex-pats "get" Thailand pretty quick and learn to chill. "Real world problems". Deal with it...

• Like 2

On 4/22/2018 at 7:17 AM, dufusdonald said:

Hmm. What part of the post do you not understand?  I purchased a contract from 3BB. I prepaid for 6 months. I was told that I could shut off my wifi three times in a year for one month each time and be credited. 

I suspect the problem is you are buying wifi, and we all bought a router and cable.

I have no idea why anyone would buy wifi, seems like a pointless product, every bar and coffee shop has free wifi,  probably nobody else has ever purchased it.

AIS NetMarathon SIM, 6 months, 600bht.

Like everyone else, I have their router and cable service and it's perfect.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 8:26 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

I suspect the problem is you are buying wifi, and we all bought a router and cable.

I have no idea why anyone would buy wifi, seems like a pointless product, every bar and coffee shop has free wifi,  probably nobody else has ever purchased it.

AIS NetMarathon SIM, 6 months, 600bht.

Like everyone else, I have their router and cable service and it's perfect.

I also use 3BB for DSL and find them pretty decent as far as reliability and speed goes, and the pricing is VERY decent.  I've had a few minor issues but their customer support via phone seems very good to me.  

• Like 1

Funny  how I got a ten day suspension for saying what everyone else is saying on this post yet no one is suspended or posts deleted. Wonder what TV uses to base their suspensions on?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1040496-only-in-thailand-road-carnage-gets-a-little-help/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-13031330

I sent TV an email asking for a comment but got no reply. Probably get suspended again for just being honest which simply means I'd have to buy a new phone number and use an internet computer to sign up again. lol

Edited by dufusdonald