Woman seen being beaten on Facebook Live rescued in Bangkok

webfact

6 hours ago, mok199 said:

I watched a thai soap with the wife last night...explicitly in slow motion showing the beat down of 2 thai woman as he punched and slapped them to the floor..,then the hero stormed in to save the day....absolutely primitive ...

yes

and guns guns guns all over the place in the soap-operas, setting the standard for "normal" behavior.
Its just crazy.

• Like 1

Man who livestreams girlfriend’s assault slapped with four charges

By Thai PBS

chaichana2.jpg

A 25-year-old man who allegedly beat up his girlfriend and broadcasted the act live on Facebook yesterday (April 22) has been initially pressed with four charges, ranging from assault, drug abuse to computer crime.

Chaichana Sirichart was arrested at a condominium in Bangkok’s Bung Kum district last night shortly after video clips of him allegedly beating and threatening to kill a woman went viral on Facebook.

Royal Thai Police deputy spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said the victim’s sister and Facebook users alerted the police after seeing the livestreamings on the social media.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-livestreams-girlfriends-assault-slapped-four-charges/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-23

Bangkok Woman Rescued From Facebook Live Beating

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__4145318-696x522.jpg

Police Sunday arrested a man after he assaulted his girlfriend live on Facebook. Photo: Khaosod

BANGKOK — Her face battered black and blue, the young woman was forced to slap her own face and repeat how she had wronged the man threatening to kill her in slurred speech on camera.

Quick action by netizens was credited Sunday for the rescue a woman from her boyfriend, who was beating her at their Bangkok home in a live video stream – and taunting the public to intervene.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/04/23/bangkok-woman-rescued-from-facebook-live-beating/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-23

So what you do is; imprison a woman, threaten and beat the crap out of her, video and broadcast your assault on the woman, and then standby in readiness for the police to come crashing on your door, arrest and take you into custody. 

Makes perfect sense to me.

7 hours ago, mok199 said:

I watched a thai soap with the wife last night...explicitly in slow motion showing the beat down of 2 thai woman as he punched and slapped them to the floor..,then the hero stormed in to save the day....absolutely primitive ...

Sorry, but "I watched a thai soap with the wife last night" Som nam na!  I would rather chew a mouthful of wasps!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Formaleins said:

They say video game violence now does not affect children, however, given the limited mental capacity of the locals, and the bitch slap violence of almost every Thai soap opera, it makes you wonder.

How anyone can sit through these pathetic TV shows is beyond me in the first place. My wife watches them and I just have to leave the room .

I often find chewing on broken glass to be preferable.

Sorry - I posted later before I saw this! My analogy was "chewing a mouthful of wasps"  

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The livestreaming prompted a team of Bung Kum police and rescue workers to be rushed to the condominium,

Quite impressive to see the Police actually responding to a crime as it happens.  (Although it's probably because it was being watched by the public so they would lose face if they did nothing.)

10 hours ago, webfact said:

but they found the room locked from inside.  They did not break open the door to get in for fear that the victim might get killed.

And showing consideration for future events and consequences to their actions.  This is a promising new direction.  Let's hope it catches on.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Formaleins said:

They say video game violence now does not affect children, however, given the limited mental capacity of the locals, and the bitch slap violence of almost every Thai soap opera, it makes you wonder.

They have always said that video game violence does not affect children.  The idea that it does is just some scaremongering by people that want to ban everything.  It's along the lines of "the gunman had an Eminem CD in his car, Eminem made him do it!"

Why do you mention video games and then TV programs?  They are not related.  If TV programs make people violent, that has nothing to do with video games.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The livestreaming prompted a team of Bung Kum police and rescue workers to be rushed to the condominium, but they found the room locked from inside

That's strange... normally, when I torture people and I broadcast on Facebook I leave the door wide open...

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Forget Facebook Live, how about a prime time television slot, showing the man getting beaten, to make an example of him and his heinous act ? And let her relatives mete out the punishment.  

Is the purpose of your proposal teaching people not to broadcast violence on media or not to use violence at all? I'm missing the point here...

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:
15 hours ago, Formaleins said:

...however, given the limited mental capacity of the locals, ...

Citation needed.

Badly!

he was really being facetious since we all know thailand has produced more nobel laureates than all other countries combined 

21 hours ago, wvavin said:

Thailand is one of such country, which has a lot of coward wife-beating men.

Oh do spare us.

The UK, US, Germany, France, Australia and plenty other countries have loads of shelters for women hiding from or otherwise seeking respite from their violent and abusive male partners.

Why do you think that is?