Just stopped an assault on a woman

tumama

7 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

lots of things justify it.  example she just raped a kid, 

I was going to wait for the torrent of replies then add my tuppence worth but decided to have my say on this first..

I was/am a victim of statutory sex abuse by 3 women. I was less than 10 years old and they were adults. This was in the 60s. Two of the women were family members. I have been confident enough to tell various partners about it but I am incapable of having a long term relationship but am quite happy with my life......BUT two of my ex-partners tracked one perpetrator down and beat the living daylights out of her. I am neither happy nor sad about it..... It is what it is..

Also. Hands up those that would gladly have punched Myra Hindley smack in the middle of her grinning face as she  taped the murder victims pleading for their young lives and crying out for their parents..

Extremes I know but never say never...

On 4/23/2018 at 10:08 PM, Katia said:

We couldn't get through a thread about domestic violence without one of those "well she must have deserved it" comments...

But consider this: your Facebook account also lists who all of your friends and family are.  That's why I'm careful with my Facebook account... while it may not matter to me, I don't want to expose people I care about (some of whom may have their accounts more open than I do).

I said might - you said "must" there is a difference - I would have said the same thing about any 2 people fighting if you don't know the reason... this is not gender specific - I spent time in a neighborhood where you learned NOT to get involved with conflicts that you know nothing about - - you do not know what either party, be it he or she did... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Are you serious !  nothing and i mean nothing justifies beating the Shit out of a defenceless Woman, shame on you.  :angry:

And I would never hit any woman or man - but, yes, I am serious, it is never a good move to get involved with a domestic quarrel, especially if you do not know the details or situation... the OP stopped the conflict and I am glad that he did... but there are countless stories of people stepping between husband and wife and having both unite to turn on the stranger.

I was on a tennis court playing with three friends in white Santa Monica. A black man was beating on a black woman on the other side of the fence. I went over and told him to stop, and he just looked at me. I then went to the the tennis booth and told them to call the police. When they arrived quickly, (Santa Monica police are really good) they came to our court for statements and nobody wanted to be involved besides me......Point of story....you have the same thing here on ThaiVisa, everybody has an opinion but they probably do not want to get involved. You are the exception my friend and I congratulate you for your guts and bravery. As for following through on this guy....I think you did your bit and now the ball is in the woman's court and the police. Ultimately we cannot live other people's lives for them, that is their issue. Good luck for your future.

On 23/04/2018 at 7:07 PM, mentalcolonization said:

If you think you are a hero. Then think twice. Dont go around and getting into people's business. All the other people standing around you didnt intervene for a reason. You are the luckiest man of the day. Plus if you go around putting pictures on social media, presumably you are not Thai, then be prepared for the outcome. Just today we read about the Youtuber. My advice is to stay off and let the police settle the matter

<deleted> I will never stand by and watch anyone who shouts for help.i have and will still intervene. Grow a set and stand up to bullies espesialy Thais.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:09 AM, tumama said:

I don't think I'm a hero. I just want this girl to get help. It certainly seemed to me that she thought this guy was going to kill her. 

So it appears you might be new to Thailand.  As many posters have stated you are very lucky.  Thailand is nothing like the west. 

All the people standing around doing nothing know better, sadly this is the way things are.  I got in the middle of a fight once between a guy and his girlfriend.  The police showed up and the guy and his girlfriend started blaming me and was trying to get the police to arrest me...

It's really hard not to do anything if you see a guy hit a girl, but if you do help things could go terribly wrong.  Let it go and stay safe!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ericthai said:

All the people standing around doing nothing know better, sadly this is the way things are.  I got in the middle of a fight once between a guy and his girlfriend.  The police showed up and the guy and his girlfriend started blaming me and was trying to get the police to arrest me...

That made me laugh.

We have a saying at homecountry :

'In between 2 fighting parties, the 3rd gains'

In Thailand it might be:

'In between 2 fighting parties, the 3rd goes into troubles.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 3:23 AM, tumama said:

Ok <deleted> it. If I get arrested for posting these photos so be it. 

20180423_174425.jpg

20180423_174414.jpg

If anyone is intimidated by this example of a scrawny motorcycle delivery boy beating down on another person and walk on past, it is a shame on you and society generally.

Kudos tumama.

Edited by Paul Catton
Addition

6 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

If anyone is intimidated by this example of a scrawny motorcycle delivery boy beating down on another person and walk on past, it is a shame on you and society generally.

Kudos tumama.

It really is a refreshing change to hear accusations of members being keyboard cowards rather than keyboard warriors..Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

It really is a refreshing change to hear accusations of members being keyboard cowards rather than keyboard warriors..Thanks 

Nothing refreshing about the scenario as posted. Being neither a keyboard warrior nor keyboard coward under anonymity, my piece is said. You're welcome.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, Russell17au said:

You came on here wanting advise and there are that many that have given you the advise to drop it and walk away but you do not want to do that so you have now posted photos with the "Lazada" name shown clearly instead of cropping the photos or blanking out the name which has now opened it up for Lazada to take action against you, and still you will not back off. In my honest opinion anyone who ignores the warnings from others and does stupid things like posting photo's deserves everything that they get. It will be easy to find you because like a fool you insisted that the police take your phone number which is easy traced.

I'm totally with you on that. OP opened the thread to seek advice but finally did his own thing without listening to others.

He doesn't even know if the woman who was so tight to him ( in fear of the Thai guy?) has committed any criminal offense that caused the guy's actions. 

OP, sorry to say that, but if you're not fluent in Thai to understand what's going on near you, better back off. 

Would you do something similar when a couple in my area's fighting, you might end up in a hospital, or worse. 

The Lazada guy could lose his job and he'll have your details from the cops. 

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

I

He doesn't even know if the woman who was so tight to him ( in fear of the Thai guy?) has committed any criminal offense that caused the guy's actions. 

Agree,  The guy himself could be steeped in crime,sexual pervert for instance,charged with buggery ,no less.  The OP needs to be congratulated for apprehending a bugger,well done OP,wash your hands tho,before your crime fighting takes on a new momentum

Could lead into a developing story with all that pictures posted or it will be just forgotten. In most European countries you violated already some laws by posting pictures of faces. I think Thailand has similar laws. Even if you helped, you are probably breaking now the law yourself. If you are so concerned you should have taken that matter to the next authority or just for a starter here http://www.1111.go.th

This is now just gambling, could be either you be still that hero later on or even the girl will be saying you did something, ie you smashed their motorbike which led into an accident. Everything is possible to let the participants save their face. Let's hope it turns out well for you and this post and pictures will be ignored by big brother.