Comment: Pattaya branded 'sleazy den of sin' in wake of orgy scandal - give Pattaya and the rest of us a break!

snoop1130

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Thailand could transform the worst places in Thailand like Pattaya and Patong if it approached the  problems in the same way that was done in Las Vegas.  There are still brothels in Nevada but they don't have   kids  and trafficked women or drug addicts working  in them.

I am sorry but that is such a nieve comment. Firstly comparing Las Vagas to Pattaya is like comparing Apples with Pears. Pattaya is transforming itself now by the very nature of the new shopping centres and quality condos that are being built. Pattaya is evolving alongside the sex industry that is still expanding and will never die. Pattaya will never become a family destination the Thais are making too much money out of it as it is. Secondly the comment about brothels with kids and trafficked women. I live here and frequent the nightlife and in 10 years I have never seen them. Girls come to work in the bars and gogo's of their own free will because a friend has told them that Pattaya is party town and they can have a great time and make big money. To suggest they are trafficked is nonsence. If you want to find underage trafficked girls then try the border towns and other big towns in Thailand where the Thai's are the biggest customers.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/04/2018 at 5:45 AM, johncat1 said:

Pattaya has a hard earned and well deserved reputation, without it Pattaya would still be a sleepy fishing village as it was before the Yanks on their R/R from Vietnam  eventually turned it into what it is today. 

Pattaya is the sex capital of Thailand, even beating Bangkok for it's variety of nightlife.

Most of the people who knock Pattaya ( me included )  Have been there, done that, and got the Tshirt. Then grown up and moved onto the REAL Thailand  away from the plastic image and bright lights of tinsel town .  

Pattaya has its' uses and these are limited to the nightlife and a good selection of Western eating places, and of course Beautiful  women of all shapes,  sizes  and ages. Including many girls straight from school looking for a Farang husband or ATM . This is FACT not fiction as many of my ex students went straight from school to work in the bars when they turned 18 . Let's face it the beaches are crap and you have to watch your back when you go out at night . Ok to visit but who in their right minds would want to live there ?

There are plenty more positives than negatives in or around Pattaya but it all depends on an individuals agenda as to which ones one chooses to highlight. A bit like the media. But reading your post, you seem to think Pattaya is only Walking St and Soi 6 and maybe Beach Road?

I would love it if every Pattaya basher told us where they lived in Thailand and which delights of their village it was that attracted them there. Was it the week long marriages where the music plays for days 24/7? Is it because you feel safe enough to leave your front door? Is it because you built a house for around 8 quid? Is it the chickens waking you up at 6 each day or the dry dusty quiet streets?

I would fear for my life more in a 2 bob town rather than a bigger city in Thailand. As soon as you are no longer required, its either "get out immediately" or chose your roadside ditch

So Pattaya bashers, next time you come on throwing random jealousies around, maybe you can include why your place is better so we all understand

7 minutes ago, Farrows3399 said:

Evidently political science not one of your strong suits : fascism/(far) right wing. communism/(far) left wing. 

Yeah I must have them mixed up! Part of fascism is preventing the freedom of speech and propaganda . . .  a very popular trait from the left. Hitler was described as a fascist mainly for these ideals and these ideals are a trait of the left my friend

Things do change even if the OED doesnt

Archived