Would you use a bank deposit machine? This Thai man is mad that he did

webfact

Even though I can read Thai somewhat I never had to fight through a Thai language menu ever.
The methods/sequence of operation differ between the banks but are you surprised?

The only exception was when I tried to investigate how to pay traffic fines at KTB ATMs.
I gave up, didn't find it in English.

Can't speak to KrungThai Bank (KTB)...I'm talking Blank as in Kaiskorn Bank.

As I'm still at the Lotus mall with a bunch of different a Thai bank branches to include KrungThai Bank (KTB) I checked out their cash deposit machine....it offers the Thai or English language...will post photos once I get home.

I would never use a deposit machine so do not understand the process but this does not make sense to me.

" So he decided to use the deposit machine. He pressed it a few times and 5,000 baht was returned to him and he thought everything was OK. "

He puts in 80,000 baht;  then pressed "it"  (the key numbers?) and 5000 Baht came out but that was OK.

Can you get out cash out from a Deposit machine. Doesn't seem OK to me.

39 minutes ago, Pib said:
1 hour ago, clash said:
then deposit cash and see what happens
go on. i want you to go and deposit cash into a kbank machine and show me the options in english
don't waste your time because they don't have the options in english. obviously haven't used that option i guess

Sorry...I did waste my time....I'm at a Lotus right now doing a grocery run...stopped by a Kbank CDM at a branch in the Lotus. The CDM initial screen is in Thai and English...after pressing the first button a screen offers you only the English language...press the English button and now its all in English. Will post photos when I get back home.

please do as you must have found one different to all the others. once you go to deposit it's in thai, photos please

Edited by clash

9 minutes ago, William T said:

I would never use a deposit machine so do not understand the process but this does not make sense to me.

" So he decided to use the deposit machine. He pressed it a few times and 5,000 baht was returned to him and he thought everything was OK. "

He puts in 80,000 baht;  then pressed "it"  (the key numbers?) and 5000 Baht came out but that was OK.

Can you get out cash out from a Deposit machine. Doesn't seem OK to me.

Reading the posts in this thread would have helped ;)

The ADM returns notes which it does not accepted for whatever reason, so there were five 1000 THB bills which were not ok for the machine.

So he put 80k in, 75k were accepted, 5k were returned to him.

Krungsri ADMs offer english, never used Kasikorn.

Edited by jackdd

Scam

If it returned 5000, it would take 75k

He took out 5k then machine closes and there is no way it would open up again with 75k.

Next guy couldnt take it.

May b he didnt confirm it tho

Kaiskorn  Bank (a.k.a., Kbank) cash deposit machine photos

Initial screen when you first pull you  body up to the CDM...Thai and English on screen

image.png.545684b6991ccd0037982aaebd86a11c.png

Screen which appears after pressing one of above screen buttons...Note English language selection

in lower left hand corner.

image.png.75ecf1f236fdd67b882fbf33f0289ade.png

After pressing English language selection the next screen that appears....only in English now.

image.png.99ec19d5f241fb5d4b02cd46a6830cae.png

KrungThai Bank (KTB) cash deposit machine photos.

Initial screen when you first pull you  body up to the CDM...Thai and English on screen

image.png.28b42636feeab66e24e7f5d0ac2ce038.png

Screen which appears after pressing one of above screen buttons...Note English language selection

image.png.a0686f5158140bd3a9e6afd5e5e5ccd6.png

After pressing English language selection the next screen that appears....in English now.

image.png.36abb398c97c16af61e7c53c3ac1fb1b.png

• Like 1

For you folks who have never used a Thai bank cash deposit machine (CDM), it's really an easy process.  See this Bangkok Bank weblink for the steps with screen snapshots.  Now at the weblink the screen snapshots are in Thai language but the explanation under each screen snapshot is in English...remember this is just an educational series of snapshots.   If you were actually using the CDM and pressed "English" on step #2 all the screens are in English.

And actually there can be a few more steps/screens when ever some notes might be rejected like a screen will then ask if you want to add more note (a.k.a., retry the notes), etc.  

I regularly used Bangkok Bank and Krungsri Bank CDMs....their screens steps are basically identical...they offer Thai or English language screens...you select the language.   I fully expect cash deposit machines at every Thai bank offer the English language selection just like they offer English language on their ATMs.   I have yet to use/see a Thai ATM or CDM that didn't offer English.

I would recommend you only use a CDM at a branch during the branch's operating hours just in case something does goes wrong.  Then you can immediately walk into the branch to get help.   Read the screens closely as to what to do....be sure you get a receipt.  There will be cases where the CDM is out of receipt paper and it will tell you so by asking if you want to continue or get your money back...that's decision is up to you.  The few times I've ran into the out of receipt paper/do you still want to continue, I've went ahead with the deposit because I'm comfortable with the process and then I immediately check via ibanking to ensure the money was deposited/credited to my account. 

Many folks will take their passbook along to update their passbook in a Passbook Update Machine (PDM) which is usually right next to a CDM...and in some cases we now have combo CDMs and PDMs that handle both duties in one machine.  I think I've seen one that does ATM, CDM, and PDM duties...expect that is the future...one machine that can handle most of a person's banking needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

KrungThai Bank (KTB) cash deposit machine photos.

image.png.28b42636feeab66e24e7f5d0ac2ce038.png

image.png.a0686f5158140bd3a9e6afd5e5e5ccd6.png

After pressing English language selection the next screen that appears....in English now.

image.png.36abb398c97c16af61e7c53c3ac1fb1b.png

so you couldn't do it on kbank. thanks for that breaking news

so you couldn't do it on kbank. thanks for that breaking news
What do you mean? Did you look at the Kbank post with photos?

Two posts with two sets of photos...one for KTB and one for Kbank....both do English.

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

Two posts with two sets of photos...one for KTB and one for Kbank....both do English.

show me the deposit screen on k bank

i am waiting for you to show me english language on deposit to kbank

you can't can you

Edited by clash

show me the deposit screen on k bank

Only took three photos of each...initial screen, the next screen which offered English language selection, and then the next screen that came up in English because I selected English. Wasn't taking photos of an entire deposit process...just enough to show a person is given English language screens if they select such.

Maybe you can provide some photos?

But I will do to the 4th screen the next time I happen to walk by a Kbank CDM just to see if it switches out of English back to Thai as you are implying.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Only took three photos of each...initial screen, the next screen which offered English language selection, and then the next screen that came up in English because I selected English. Wasn't taking photos of an entire deposit process...just enough to show a person is given English language screens if they select such.

But I will do to the 4th screen the next time I happen to walk by a Kbank CDM just to see if it switches out of English back to Thai as you are implying.

then you will see that you have options only in thai. trust me on that. i use it all the time. kbank. not sure about the others

ok i need to get some mutt food so will show you as kbank nearby

Edited by clash

35 minutes ago, Pib said:

IMG_3033.JPG

1 hour ago, Pib said:

i think you will agree i am correct

51 minutes ago, clash said:

i think you will agree i am correct

I see one screen in Thai you just posted.  Just to confirm, Did you select the English language selection first? 

Assuming you did, you are saying at the "4th" screen the CDMs reverts to Thai/only shows Thai after  you pressed English on the 2nd screen and after the 3rd screen (shown below) appeared in English offering of Deposit to Kaiskornbank or Deposit to Other Bank?

The next time I'm at a Kaiskorn CDM I will go to the 4th screen to see if it also reverts back to Thai/only shows Thai after the previous screen was in English.  

image.png.1ca0f5518de920e6c5bafb314881b3b1.png

22 minutes ago, Pib said:

I see one screen in Thai you just posted.  Just to confirm, Did you select the English language selection first? 

Assuming you did, you are saying at the "4th" screen the CDMs reverts to Thai/only shows Thai after  you pressed English on the 2nd screen and after the 3rd screen (shown below) appeared in English offering of Deposit to Kaiskornbank or Deposit to Other Bank?

The next time I'm at a Kaiskorn CDM I will go to the 4th screen to see if it also reverts back to Thai/only shows Thai after the previous screen was in English.  

image.png.1ca0f5518de920e6c5bafb314881b3b1.png

there is no english on the second screen! i gave you the  kbank options. ok im a liar

1 minute ago, clash said:

there is no english on the second screen! i gave you the  kbank options. ok im a liar

If you cant figure it out you should probably just stay well away from the banking machines and have a younger relative or the staff in the branch do it for you.... 

You sound  worse than the 75k guy

Went back to the machine I used yesterday to check if it had English.

1) Walk up to machine and insert card.

IMG_20180426_171457.thumb.jpg.240203bda63e285c6699b812aec595d4.jpg

2) Select Cash Deposit

IMG_20180426_171352.thumb.jpg.3cb70ba79b323b8e1d5512990c2dba74.jpg

NO OPTION FOR CHANGE LANGUAGE. NO ENGLISH.

Maybe some machines have it but NOT the one I used.

Sorry for the bad pics but it was the sun's position at the time causing reflection.

That could be the answer....some Kbank CDMs offer English and Thai while others only allow the Thai language.   The one I used/took the photos at offered English also.

The guy in below youtube video from 2011 uses the English selection at a Kbank CDM....the deposit process is then in English.   Note the screen shows an English selection....at about the 37 second point is where the 4th screen appears and it's in English for the rest of the deposit process.   

Keesters,

If you get a chance the next time you are at that Kbank CDMs start the deposit process "without" inserting your Kbank debit card to see if that makes a difference....see if it then offers an English language selection.   That's how I did my test.

Maybe, just maybe, use of a Kbank CDM with Kbank debit card causes it to not offer English....maybe they have your account coded for Thai language....or maybe it's like you said some Kbank CMD offer English and Thai and others only Thai. 

I bring up the possibility of your Kbank account be coded as Thai language as the default because when I was still with TrueVisions they had my account coded as Thai language and whenever I would call their help number it would only offer me Thai language interaction.  After they changed my preferred language to English on my account, whenever I would call I would first get the choice of selection Thai or English language for the interaction. 

Whenever I called from my phone number listed on my TrueVisions account the TrueVisions sensed that number and defaulted to using the language coded for my account.  Called from another number and it offered me English or Thai.  Maybe the Kbank CDM is doing a similar thing when it reads your Kbank debit card....or once again, some Kbank CDMs offered English also and others don't.  

Edited by Pib

That could be the answer....some Kbank CDMs offer English and Thai while others only allow the Thai language.   The one I used/took the photos at offered English also.

The guy in below youtube video from 2011 uses the English selection at a Kbank CDM....the deposit process is then in English.   Note the screen shows an English selection....at about the 37 second point is where the 4th screen appears and it's in English for the rest of the deposit process.   

[/url]  

The video has no relevance to me as he never inserts an atm card. Atm card would be required to identify account I'm depositing to, mine.

Sent from my AGS-L09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Keesters,
   If you get a chance the next time you are at that Kbank CDMs start the deposit process "without" inserting your Kbank debit card to see if that makes a difference....see if it then offers an English language selection.   That's how I did my test.

Maybe, just maybe, use of a Kbank CDM with Kbank debit card causes it to not offer English....maybe they have your account coded for Thai language....or maybe it's like you said some Kbank CMD offer English and Thai and others only Thai. 

I bring up the possibility of your Kbank account be coded as Thai language as the default because when I was still with TrueVisions they had my account coded as Thai language and whenever I would call their help number it would only offer me Thai language interaction.  After they changed my preferred language to English on my account, whenever I would call I would first get the choice of selection Thai or English language for the interaction. 

Whenever I called from my phone number listed on my TrueVisions account the TrueVisions sensed that number and defaulted to using the language coded for my account.  Called from another number and it offered me English or Thai.  Maybe the Kbank CDM is doing a similar thing when it reads your Kbank debit card....or once again, some Kbank CDMs offered English also and others don't.  

First thing to do at a machine is to identify myself by inserting card. I do that at an atm machine and at dual deposit/withdraw machines when withdrawing. Why would depositing be different? Or is it a Thai thing like giving you money first and card last the opposite of most countries around the world. You'd never, at least I wouldn't, walk away from the machine without the money, that's why I'm there, but often have gone without the card.

Sent from my AGS-L09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

You do not necessarily have to use your debit card to make a deposit at a CDM....instead, you just enter the account number you want to deposit to....your account or someone else's.    It's basically like walking into a bank, filling out a deposit slip, the money is deposited to the account you write on the deposit  slip....your account number or some one else's.   So when depositing money this way you want to be durn sure you use the right account number.

An ATM is different...it "requires" your debit card.

10 hours ago, Pib said:

You do not necessarily have to use your debit card to make a deposit at a CDM....instead, you just enter the account number you want to deposit to....your account or someone else's.    It's basically like walking into a bank, filling out a deposit slip, the money is deposited to the account you write on the deposit  slip....your account number or some one else's.   So when depositing money this way you want to be durn sure you use the right account number.

An ATM is different...it "requires" your debit card.

But why would I type my account number, not something I'd have memorised anyway, when I can identify myself with my card. If I wanted to pay somebody else then I'd use the Kbank app on my phone and transfer the money to them.

I am a firm believer in the KISS principle. Thailand however has other ideas.