Rains, winds lash Bangkok

rooster59

Rains, winds lash Bangkok

By The Nation

c196f2f698d683137e7688612dd47648.jpeg

Photo from: Twitter @js100radio

Heavy rains and strong winds hit several areas of Bangkok on Friday evening.

A bus stop on Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road, outside the head office of petroleum giant PTT Plc, collapsed as a result of strong winds.

1a9baafab2940ef7af7787f0d0c8d0af.jpeg

The Meteorological Department on Friday warned of more summer storms, strong winds and possibly hailstorms in all regions of the country – particularly the North, eastern seaboard and Central regions, including Bangkok and its satellite provinces – for another day.

f64e9ffa9df6221028c671f4dc4fbb24.jpeg

“Residents in those areas should avoid being outdoors, under large trees or billboards that could collapse in strong winds,” the department said in its statement.

The agency said the storms resulted from the high-pressure ridge covering northern Thailand and the low-pressure ridge covering southern Thailand.

b71ec63e7ca0981147fbbb46f3200f18.jpeg

Rainstorms and strong winds were also reported in Chai Nat, Kamphaeng Phet, Tak, and Pattaya City in Chon Buri on Friday afternoon and evening.

e921d9ee3073943223e93ba2684a8267.jpeg

1ecce49c247da5fd4096c8979e580a74.jpeg

752993dc649a8713e1c3e7ac5a5250c3.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30344175

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-28

Nice and cold here in Bangkok.

It was on the road yesterday evening with my motorbike.

And most of the traffic was caused by people thinking their car can't drive in rain or water. Jeez. Do they think it is made of sugar?

The water was approximately 15cm deep, still everyone avoided to use this lane.

On a road I claim they use everyday.

So they know there are no hidden obstacles.

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

The BiB should be out, booking the vehicles crossing the yellow chevrons (6th picture down).

Yes!  I know!

Forget it!

That was at the location on Viphavadi Rangsit where the bus shelter collapsed, you can even see it to the left of the photo. Pretty sure all the cars were moving to the right to avoid it.

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Has been raining here in Wichianburi since about 6.30 pm last night ,still raining now,but lovely and cool about 23/24c

Same here in Pathumthani. Stopped for a bit very early morning after fairly heavy last night. Started again about 9 am and no signs of slowing.

Nice that the East is no different to the West. In i.e. Europe it is clear, that after autumn the first snow can be expected ringing in winter. This is not a matter if but when. 
Same here and, after living here for 30+ years even I learnt that after Songkran there is the day(s)/week(s) coming when the first proper rain fall will bring everything to a screeching halt. 
Thailand's weather forecasts are as reliable as the rest of the planet - go figure! Combine this chosen ignorance with the celebration of the holy cow (in this case their own, usually unpaid, cars) the result is a total gridlock. Serves them right! I, for one, managed to get through town, albeit slightly hindered and more humid than usual, with no significant delays on BTS and MRT. 

• Like 1