Why living in Thailand has made me a better person

rooster59

Why living in Thailand has made me a better person

By Dan Cheeseman

Vlog-thailand.jpg

I was concerned that living so long away from the UK in a country like Thailand may have compromised me as an individual. But, you know what, I think it has made me better.

If I had stayed in the UK, what would have become of me?

I often look at my peers back in the UK and wonder what may have become of me if I had chosen to stay living back in the UK. Where would I work now and how much would I earn? I used to always be the top earner among my friends, I was, and remain, hugely ambitious. Back then I was senior management working in London before I hit 30. I lived the high life, but I wanted more – or should I say – I wanted something different.

My stay in Thailand saw me fully take advantage of the lifestyle before calming down a little and refocusing my career again. In that time I have become the MD for Thaivisa.com among other media in Thailand, ranging from online to television. It has been a good adventure, but at what impact on me personally. How had I changed and was it for the better?

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/04/26/why-living-in-thailand-has-made-me-a-better-person/

DAN ABOUT THAILAND

Weekly Vlogs and Blogs from in and around Thailand

12 hours ago, swissie said:

I was expecting many replies to this thread, Farangs coming foreward and telling us how Thailand has turned them into better persons.
As this hasn't happened, I must assume that there are no Farangs around that would claim that Thailand has turned them into better persons.
As for myself, I don't think Thailand has turned me into a better person, but I sure as h*ll have become better at lying and cheating.:clap2:
......when in Rome, do as the Romans do......
Cheers.

Just so your assumptions don't overwhelm, let me say that maybe, living here made me a better person. But how does one know? How do you guess what you would have done different if you were still living in your own country?

What I do know for sure is that Thailand, or rather living in Thailand, probably saved my life through lifestyle changes made easier through the support of my better half who has been beside me for the last 19 years as my wife. I doubt I would have found that support living in my home country, but again, who knows for sure?

As long as living here provides some adventure, keeps the mind active and provides physical challenges, it is the country for me, regardless if it did in fact change me or not........................:thumbsup:

• Like 1

You know those dogs? The ones that run up to anyone & start humping their leg?

They all love Thailand

Then they tell everyone why they feel so much better than back in that other place where folks would kick them off their leg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Just so your assumptions don't overwhelm, let me say that maybe, living here made me a better person. But how does one know? How do you guess what you would have done different if you were still living in your own country?

What I do know for sure is that Thailand, or rather living in Thailand, probably saved my life through lifestyle changes made easier through the support of my better half who has been beside me for the last 19 years as my wife. I doubt I would have found that support living in my home country, but again, who knows for sure?

As long as living here provides some adventure, keeps the mind active and provides physical challenges, it is the country for me, regardless if it did in fact change me or not........................:thumbsup:

:violin:

• Haha 2