Four Thai/Swiss children fall from fourth floor of flats - one is dead, three seriously injured

webfact

My wife read the Thai article on Line News. It said the mother didn't want the father to see the kids.

Although the article says she was supporting everyone, that doesn't neccesarily mean he wasn't also paying child support. I wonder how accurate that detail is.

Anyway, an elderly couple of almost 70 are not suitable to take care of children, especially 4 of them. Can't really blame them. Children that young shouldn't be sleeping alone anyway, 11 was the oldest, right? An 11 year old can't take care of a 5 year old overnight.

If there is anything or anyone to blame it is the poor construction of the balcony extension that came loose and/or the person who left the kids overnight with the almost 70 year old.

The father has had a bit of a bashing on this thread, but if they were with him overnight instead of the unsuitable elderly, this wouldn't have happened. 

Anyway. Horrible news for any parent. I feel sorry for both of them. Kids stuck in a messy break up, it seems. Hope the others pull through.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The Swiss father paying some maintenance for his children might have meant she didn't have to be at work and this tragedy might never have happened.

I hope the three injured recover fully and quickly. RIP to the little boy. Too young to die.

Or possibly all 5 might have taken the awful plunge. 

16 minutes ago, deathstardan said:

I knew if I come to Thai visa the father would be getting the blame somewhere.

The Swiss father is my friend. I have known him more than ten years. For a time I saw all those kids grow up.

My friend hss been battling the courts and spent hundreds of thousands of Bhat, even now in process to see his kids...

His ex wife simply took them away from him where they were better off.

I have seen this man search school upon school just to try and find them.

I know the true story.... I dont want to be sued but think....Mother out "working" into the early hours. And alot more I personally have witnessed when I lived on the same street.

This man is broken....He worships those children.

God bless little one.!

Good post...

...but imploring the same god that caused this awful tragedy (and certainly didn't prevent it) to "bless" now is bizarre and imprudent. 

3 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Let's take this and others for what they truly are...tragic accidents and nothing else.

It's not an "accident" when either the property owner or the tenants installed/modified an unsafe, poorly anchored balcony that ends up collapsing under the weight of children.

Police found that the balcony of the apartment where the children lived with their grandparents and Thai mother had been extended with wooden planks by two feet. The fastenings had come loose.

The extension was designed to store dishes, but police suspect the children were sitting or standing on it or near it when it gave way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It appears the mom's profession of choice is conducted on her back (mostly) and on her knees.

Ultimately, she is responsible for the well-being of the kids, so pinning it on the farang is reaching a little too far.

Whatever money that should be spent on the kids is probably channeled towards more important priorities - Lao Khao, lottery tickets, gambling and ya-ice.

6 hours ago, varun said:

It appears the mom's profession of choice is conducted on her back (mostly) and on her knees.

Ultimately, she is responsible for the well-being of the kids, so pinning it on the farang is reaching a little too far.

Whatever money that should be spent on the kids is probably channeled towards more important priorities - Lao Khao, lottery tickets, gambling and ya-ice.

There is no evidence that is her profession. Maybe just a waitress in a non-pay-for-play establishment. They are open late, too.

Though regardless, if a person chooses to work as a "lady of the night", they don't even have to work at night. Plenty of work in that field in the afternoon and early evening.

The problem here is not what she was doing while she was out, but rather the fact that the kids were not being properly taken care of while she was out.

The kids' father must have been a better choice than her elderly father. I still can't imagine why she would want to keep them away from their dad.

Edited by FruitPudding